“Wow - now that's an expensive steak!!”
Review of Rib Room & Bar

Rib Room & Bar
Ranked #388 of 11,272 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: RIB ROOM Grills and steaks, 31st floor Our award-winning rooftop restaurant specializes in steakhouse favorites and a long list of gourmet French cuisine prepared by the hotel's Executive Chef in cutting-edge kitchens. Dinner are offered the choice of set menus or a la carte menu specialising in exquisite selection of beef, Japanese Wagyu Ohmi Beef, Australian grain-fed 400 days, offer different cuts and freshly imported seafood. THE BAR The perfect place to start a dinner in the RR&B, The Bar serves a truly international selection of drinks in a thoroughly modern and comfortable setting.
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We were staying at the Landmark, and it was our first night in Bangkok, so we decided to eat at the hotel. We should have checked out the menu prior to going upstairs... Wow! We actually ordered pretty conservatively (not the nicest, most expensive cuts), and dinner for 3 was still more than 11,000 baht! It was impressively expensive! The views are fabulous, the service superb. Just bring your extra bulky wallet!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you ate looking for a great steak in Bangkok that is combined with a wonderful view and excellent service then Rib Room is worth a visit. Of course the menu offers a lot more than just steak including a Caesar salad that is prepared at your table. Small touches like hot towels prior to eating and cold towels at the end of the evening, sorbet in between entree and main, and the selection of chocolates to have with your coffee add to making an evening at Rib Room a memorable experience.
The staff were extremely attentive without being intrusive.
As always, leave plenty of time to get to wherever you are going in Bangkok noting that Mondays and Fridays are particularly bad for traffic jams.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have been going to the RR&B for many years and have never been disappointed. I have also taken many people and all agree that the food, service, views and atmosphere are wonderful.. A substantial discount is available for Landmark Card holders and I buy this every year because I like going to this restaurant so much.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Decided to take the family to the Rib Room last night as a final splurge at the end of our holiday. This is not a cheap restaurant but the food is excellent, very good friendly service, a very extensive wine list at quite okay prices (well compared to Dubai anyway!). We had a very enjoyable evening and would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I am a regular customer to the RR&B for their excellent steak in the evening (still the best in Bangkok) and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they also do Sunday Brunch. I was told by the hotel staff that this was only recently launched so I came to give it a try last week with my family.
This is by no means similar to other Sunday Brunches around town where you get a massive spread of food: Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Western (an mostly ended up being a mixed bag of good and bad) but it is a focused offering of high quality oysters, big imported lobsters, Alaskan King crab and all kinds of seafood, fresh salad and various appetizers. You will already get your money’s worth on these alone if you are a true seafood fan. This also fills in a gap in Bangkok dining scene where it is hard to find exceptional seafood. By being focused with the selection, they have been able to offer the freshest food so it’s not like at most places where Sunday brunch is deployed as an outlet to get rid of old stock.
The buffet spread, however, is only the supporting cast. The main draw card is a selection of meat and fish dishes cooked a la minute. Off my head, we had on the menu: slow cooked tenderloin, pork chop, lamb ragout with homemade pasta, Porcini mushroom soup, poached wild salmon and a few other dishes. The selection changes weekly.  By these dishes being made to order, you can enjoy your food at the same level of excellence as you would during a la carte dinner. The gastronomic experience was elevated by the fact that all of the dishes were prepared by the restaurant’s French Chef, Philippe. I’ve seen him before during my dinner visits but never had a chance to speak to him until now and he walked me through his inspiration for each dish and where the ingredients came from.
Do leave some space for delicious dessert buffet and also a la minute Tarte Tatin, which was outstanding.
One of the things that I found to be of a particular advantage of RR&B brunch set up was that the tables are well spread out, so the restaurant will never be too crowded even at full capacity. It is well staffed and also being a la minute, hence you do not have to get up every time you want to grab something. My grandfather also came along and the family was able to spend a quality time without having to shout at each other and be up and about all the time. It was also unusual to see the view of Bangkok from this high up during the day time but the view was secondary to me.
I would recommend the RR&B Sunday brunch to everyone who takes food seriously and would like to enjoy a pleasurable meal without having to break bank (1,700 baht per head, they also offer unlimited champagne and wine at an additional cost, which I cannot remember but it was in the region of a few hundreds extra). I will definitely be back again soon.

1  Thank NikkiJullamon

Been to Rib Room & Bar? Share your experiences!