“Misguided guide”

Thai Private Tour Guide
Ranked #2 of 253 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: private tour guide in & around Bangkok, Thailand. our experience & knowledge about our country to make your holiday easier, secure, cost-effective and great experience back home
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I contacted mr. Chob to assist me in putting an itinerary together to see some of the lesser traveled sites and markets in Bangkok. After several emails, an "itinerary" was sent to me with the names of the places I had sent them. No extra detail or additional information was provided by them.
My guide arrived 30 minutes earlier than our scheduled time. Mr. George was friendly and amenable but did not turn out to be much of a guide. We spent a fair amount of time stopping to ask for directions, retracing our steps, or in one case getting off at the wrong stop on a canal boat.
The main skills which were useful to me were as a translator since I do not speak Thai.
The next time I would save my money (2000 baht) and just carry a more detailed phrase book or hire an interpreter and plan the itinerary on my own, which in many ways is what this turned out to be.

6  Thank jellom
thaitourguide, Owner at Thai Private Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear All,

Thank you very much for all of you kindness and more information about this case as below.

We always alert with our reviews on tripadvisor.com to improve our services and make sure that the customers have had a good experience in Thailand with us as well.

1. We are very sorry to hear that you haven’ had a good experience with us. Of course, we will learn from this experience to improve our services. We love our job and really would like to customers have a great experience back home

2. We always provide a fully itinerary & useful information for our confirmation by e-mail before the customer will be in town. Except some cases such as a very short notice customer, customer couldn’t make up their mind about the itinerary, customer have a very different itinerary than we offer

3. We assigned this job to Mr. George because we believed that he can handle with all types of customers

4. For our customer’s satisfaction policy, we gave a full refund 2 days later. We absolutely don’t want to ruin our customer’s holiday

Write a ReviewReviews (2,787)
All reviews
"pe pe"
in 39 reviews
"vegetable market"
in 58 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 51 reviews
in 50 reviews
"hotel lobby"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was a perfect way to see a lot of Bangkok in a short period of time. The tour guide was wonderful.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Thai private tours is the best tour company operating in Bangkok. Pu our tour guide was a fantastic guide and a very lovely person. She spoke excellent English and was extremely informative. We did the Grand Palace and Flower market and a tour along the Klongs. We went on other tours with different tour guides and Thai Private Tours with Pu was far the best and I strongly recommend them to people of all ages. You will not be disapointed

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We really enjoyed having TJ as our guide! He was very professional and gave us excellent information regarding history of the temples, religion, and the city itself. As part of the tour we went to the flower market, saw the main temples, took a boat ride, ate some great Thai food and as a bonus he even brought us to a local grocery store near our hotel so we could pick up some things. If there was anything negative to say about the experience it would be that his English was a bit difficult to understand at times but I would just ask him to repeat and he was happy to do it! We never felt rushed and our guide was happy to take his time showing us everything! He even stopped and showed us how to fold a lotus flower (picked up from the flower market) and present it as a gift in the temples. We took the tour at the beginning of our trip and I would highly recommend doing this. The next day after the tour we felt very confident going out into the city on our own! The Thai people are such friendly people and we never felt unsafe, even walking around at night! The cost for this tour was extremely fair and worth every penny, especially considering the length of the tour (all day 9-5!) and the personal, learning experience you have!!

1  Thank Danielle R