“More than adequate”

Ranked #542 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
Winchester, United Kingdom
“More than adequate”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Clean, quiet, reasonably close to the airport, and with a bustling street market just across the road. Recommended. Evening menu a bit limited, but food OK. Apparently I have to type a bit more to reach the minimum 200 character limit.....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SimonWoolley99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We needed a hotel for transit overnight
We chose siam place
We we arrived at airport we found the contact man and 15 mins later all 22 of us were shuttled to the hotel. Perhaps we thought we might need to get cabs but they are very reliable on their airport transfers. Rooms are clean and perfect for the overnight need. Had a few cold beers in the restaurant, hit the sack and woke early so am sitting in the over checking emails etc. only bad thing s that wifi doesn't Orkney in our room. Breakfast soon but all in all extremely pleasant stay and good value for money - transfers room and breakfast

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tcscmk
Hanford, California
Reviewed October 20, 2013

First of all we went through three cab drivers before one convinced us that he knew where this place was located. Come to find out...he had a vague idea of where this place was and we drove around for a little bit before he found it. So make sure that your taxi knows where this place is :)
Other than that this place is perfect for your last night if your flight leaves at the crack of dawn. We had a 6am flight so we had to be at the airport at 4am. The hotel offered free airport transfer that was so convenient! The rooms were big and clean. Dinner at the hotel was reasonably priced and actually pretty good. And there is a nice pool.
Overall...don't stay here more than 1 night- you would be greatly disappointed.

Room Tip: The rooms are clean and big. Any should be fine :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kidsnt0w
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel "siam place" near airport about 10 minutes I chose stay for 1niqht. before get fliqht to French in the next day
When I arrire at hotel I think how can I go to signseeing in the city because hotel located in Soi 14/2 ( Alley ) and this area is simply but staff recommended me I can go to city short time by sky train ( airportlink) where is for from hotel 5 kilometres
My impressing is free shuttle van driver sent picls me up from Ladkrabang staion It spent time 35 minutes to to city centre.
All staffs are helpful&friedly they are same my family.

2 Thank chutichai
ประเทศไทย
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stay this hotel for 1 night in room 409 < When I sleep inside and open window I can see Suvarnabhumi Airport At Night Light , It is wonder view airplane landing & taking off>
I am impressed Siam Place Airport with theses reasons
- All Staffs, the first step at airport around 1:45 AM , the staffs take care me there , hotel van waiting me the 2nd floor, gate number 4 exist hall. About 10 later , I arrive at hotel with great welcome & polite from Driver / Bell Boy / Reception. But Breakfast is simply. This hotel don't have swimming pool , but for transit flight what it is the important this as BED & Breakfast & Good View as you can touched.

Room Tip: - Room with Garden& airport view - You can apply membership directly with hotel , you can get g...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank bluemint2013
Oceanside, California
Reviewed September 30, 2013

What I liked about this place was the included shuttle service from and to the airport. I used the Bell Travel Service at the airport to get to Pattaya after taking the sky train on the bottom floor of the airport to see Bangkok. After arriving back from Pattaya on the Bell bus the Siam Hotel was prompt in picking me up-only about a 15 minute wait and they delivered me back to the airport the next day to catch a 6am flight. The driver had me as the only passenger at 3am. There is some excellent street food on the main road-about a 1/2 mile walk down a dirt road from the hotel, they open up in the late afternoon. The hotel itself isnt that great, but you need to be near the airport for not only your plane, but for the skytrain to Bangkok and the bus service to other destinations.

Room Tip: Just use it as a one nighter near the airport.
2 Thank JoeSchmo92056
Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I needed a hotel for a quick layover and this one sufficed. Ironically the round trip van fee was almost the same price as the hotel. Definitely take the hotel van as I think a cab would get lost getting there. All in all it was OK but I think there are better options available around the airport for a similar price.