“Perfect Backpacker's Hostel!”

Ranked #22 of 1,192 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Perfect Backpacker's Hostel!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

The best hostel I've stayed in yet and reasonably priced. The reception and the outside lounge is a great place to meet people, whether you're travelling in a group or alone you're guaranteed to meet people here, everyone is so chill.

The rooms are airconned at night and the beds are always clean and comfy which makes for a good nights sleep. The towels are complimentary and the bathrooms are also very nice.

Free wifi throughout the place which is really good too.

• Stayed June 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was recommended this place by a work colleague and am happy I stayed here. The 22-bed rooms were fine thanks to the 'walls' and curtains, with a plug socket and light and mirror on every bed.

I was a bit peeved when I arrived and was told I couldn't have a locker as they were all taken as it appeared somebody was using two. What was I to do with my stuff? Anyway I hoped by the time morning came (I arrived in the evening so not too long to wait) I'd have one with people leaving, etc, and thankfully I did.

The bed was fine (a guy I met there complained of getting bed bugs! But I didn't notice this) and the shower / bathroom clean and plenty of warm water.

The hostel is easily accessible once you get your head around jumping on the metro then in a cab (about 60 Baht from the metro to the hostel on the meter) and close to Khao San but not that close you can't sleep due to the noise. :) So location for me superb. 20 mins walk to the Grand Palace if you're so inclined, otherwise just jump in a tuc-tuc.

Only real negative point for me about my stay there was the very miserable girl on reception. She was unfriendly when I checked in and when I had a query a few days later she was also very negative and gave me short shrift. I found the staff in general not to be amazing, but hopefully you won't need them too much other than to check in and out.

Once I had checked into a different hostel (as I decided to stay another day but they were fully booked in Nappark) I just hung out here for 1,5 days in the common area and no-one was any the wiser = free internet for me and a great place to chill out.

I'd recommend this place.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Daniel M
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I booked nappark from home just so I had a place to stay in when I arrived in Bangkok. It was perfect. Nice dorms and clean showers/toilets. It was my first time travelling allone but by sitting in the communial area you can meet a lot of fellow backpackers. It's located just next to koh san road and rambuttri which makes it perfect to go there without being in the crowded area. It's not cheap but it was worth it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Nap park is a perfect hostel for a single traveler but would also work with a group. Its priced incredibly well as most are in the area, but it is right in the heart of where you want to be in Bangkok. I spent a handful of days here during songkran (large national festival that involves lots of water guns) and it was perfect. The action was happening right in the street all around you but you could retreat to your room for some quiet rest. Bangkok is a lively place so its fitting that Nappark is a very social hostel. Beds are merely separated by a drape, then during the day these are rolled up and it becomes a large seamless room. The beds are also very modern sturdy and clean which is important. Average comfort for a hostel but when you stay in hostels its more than sufficient. The main social area is like one large bed and is perfect for socializing with fellow travelers or just enjoying a book. Large enough to create groups, play card games are anything else of that nature. To top it off there is a nice made to order breakfast outside. Incredibly cheap and amazing tasting. Important to most these days is Wifi and a strong signal could be had here. The showers are nice as they are large and provide plenty of privacy. Staff is very friendly and attentive. This can be a big turnoff to some at hostels so I figured Id mention it. (This review was from a stay in 2012)

Room Tip: if you want a bit more room choose the 6 bed room. It has a very large walking space between the bed...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights when we first arrived in Bangkok and it was great. The 6 bedroom dorms are a bit more private but make sure if you want one ask for it on the first floor as the ground floor one is slightly more noisy. Friendly staff and working aircon and wifi in every room. Really advisable!

• Stayed May 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed at nappark for two days, that was my first experience to stay in hostel. Everything was fine. The ultimate thing of this hostel is location, in the middle of khaosan but quite enough to have a good rest.. Lobby is super fun, we can lay there and chat with other. My favorite thing about nappark is the shower room and toilet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I do rarely end up in more expensive hostels when there are cheaper options around so I love when I find great value in that. Except for the kitchen (which is rarely the case in Se Asia), Nappark has it all: movies, books, hardworking house keepers, music, private space, hang out space.. and pretty much everyone ends up in hang out place and goes out together.
Staff goes out of their way, very nice experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo