“Clean, safe and got a good night of sleep.”

NapPark Hostel @ Khao San
Ranked #21 of 1,158 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Clean, safe and got a good night of sleep.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

I was in Bangkok for just 2 nights at the beginning of my trip to Thailand and 1 night at the end.

I had a nice smooth check in and went straight up to my room. I booked a 6-bedded dorm for my first 2 nights and was i a 22 bedded dorm on the last night. The rooms were clean and set up in bunk beds with very white clean sheets. There is a blind between each set of bunkbeds so there is some privacy but not a massive deal. Each person is allocated a locker with a light in (you need your own lock) so I was happy in the knowledge that my things were safe-ish. You had a wristband with a chip in it that opened the door to the room electronically so it wasn't a lock and key system which is probably safer.

The bathroom was clean. the showers were great! Roomy, good pressure and hot. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom but it stop when it got too hot.

The lobby was great. Free computers and wifi (wifi anywhere in the hotel). There was crash mats with cushions on the floor so you could have a sleep, read a book or watch a DVD. There were lots to choose from and you could put them on the main TV or they would give you a portable DVD player to watch it on. I wasn't leaving for the airport until 11pm and I spent all day on those mats (with a terrible hangover) whilst waiting for my bus to the airport. The staff were great. They were really friendly and they didn't mind me hanging around on my last day. If you needed to go anywhere they would give you directions.

I didn't eat at the hostel but I did drink a lot (soft and alcoholic drinks) and the prices were very reasonable.

The hotel isn't quite on KhaoSan Road but is about a 5 minute walk away, which suited me fine as I didn't want to be right on it.

In a nutshell, I would recommend NapPark to anybody. I felt safe there, which I feel is very important to a solo female traveller.

Julie.

Room Tip: Pay more money if you want less people in the room
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Global_Jules

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

Probably one of best in this area for affordable price. It’s clean, nicely done with good staff. It’s not so loud as at khaosan so it’s very nice. Place is safe if you do not take change to seal anything from you. Many little things that make your stay really nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank art-sad
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed at nappark for about 6 nights altogether. The rooms are clean, with lockers and comfortable beds, likeminded travellers, and nice clean toilets. But what stood out for me was this: I was back in bangkok from 10AM til 8pm at which point i would be flying home. They remembered my name, let me leave my bag there all day, and use their internet all day til my flight! Amazing. Wonderful Staff!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JudeHartford
Baguio, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

Hip hotel with a lot of western backpackers who are ready to mingle. The place was really cozy with a comfortable lounge area by the reception, public PC's and free wi-fi. The dorm room was clean (toilet, shower, bed and rooms) and you get personal lockers in your room (don't forget your padlock). Slippers and shoes are left outside. I also felt secure with the high-tech key to your room but not the unattended luggage area by the reception for when we checked out. There are also books, game boards and cards for public use. Located near Khao San with all the great Thai food around (cheap! don't forget to try the fruits with muesli and yogurt for only 30 baht - you'll see the street vendor on your walk from the hostel to Khao San), money exchange, Thai massage and also shopping area.

But beware the gem scam when you leave the hotel! It is still there after all these years! See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_gem_scam

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank noleaveswilltravel
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

You won't have to worry about anything you need when you are travelling in Bangkok. The service is good and the place is really clean. There are guests who can't lower down their voices though. But still you can relax and have a quiet moment in this place. For a better feel of Bangkok, Khao San is just right around the corner and the Grand Palace is a few minutes Tuktuk ride.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank oneowan
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

This hostel does not concern about safety and security for the guest - only about making money!

I stayed in the 22-bed dorm. During the first night I woke up suddenly, because a guy was trying to crab my shorts to steel my valet lying next to my pillow. But luckily I woke up in time, and shouted and scared him away. Luckily I thought to myself, the hostel has "very high security" with electronic locks to each room and video surveillance so there should be a good change of identifying the thief.

On the surveillance recording it was easy to see the thief and turns out to be a guy staying in the same dorm. The staff was completely ignorant and when the staff talked to the manager the reaction was the same - no reaction! Even though I made it very clear to them how serious this offence is. They just referred to that this guy/thief was staying at the hostel for a month, so they didn't want to do anything about it because then they would not get money from him.

They moved me to another room the rest of the night, but all the other guest in the dorm had together with the thief.
For me it is unacceptable and totally irresponsible to ignore such a serious offence and put all other guest in the same danger. I checked out of the hostel the next day because the thief was still around. The bottom line is that I, as the violated, had to move out and the thief stayed in the dorm! I was in shock that the staff treated me this way.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
11 Thank kbs_10
kuala lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

i stayed here for 2 nights with my friends. hotel is clean and comfortable. bed is comfortable enough. the location is in khaosan which is u can get all the cheap massage, tour package and food. i guess that is the only tourist area that u can get cheapest deal in town. but one thing has made my stay turn down is that it is too noisy. the noise is from the floor when someone walking around in order to get out or in to the room. During my stay, me and my friends bed are located right opposite to the door and the locker. so that at night i cant really sleep well with those noise. i have booked room that can accomodate up to 22 ppl in a room so that the noise from the locker is really a killing point as part of the tourist check in and out at midnight.
Advise: don take the bed that near to the door and locker if u r the type of ppl that can only fall sleep with a little or no sound. i only pay 300 bath per night per bed which is consider as economy. so i would advice u to ask them first what is the difference btw economy, standard and superior. from my experience, the cheaper u pay the closer you'll be to the door and locker.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends