Northgate Ratchayothin
Agoda.com
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
$317
$252
All reviewschatuchak marketgood sized roomspark plazainternet connectionsmall kitchenshopping mallclean hotelfree shuttlethe ground floornight marketscbtennisgymdmksupermarkettvtaxi
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The internet is terrible. I get disconnected all the time, especially during night time.
but, great and decent room, great Staff. ]
Breakfast is OK, but almost the same everyday. I am a long-term tenant. feel sick about it already.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Plernpit H, General Manager at Northgate Ratchayothin, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear YunY 238,

First at all, thank you very much for staying at Northgate Ratchayothin and for taking the time to post your kind comments on the Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our room accommodation and serviced from our staff.

Regarding the internet access (Wi-Fi) which disconnected, we must apologies and bring up this issue to all concerned to take an action for preventive in order to avoid any recurrence. Please rest assured that your feedback is valuable to us and we will communicate with the team accordingly.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you at Northgate Ratchayothin again in the near future

Plernpit Hanpranil (Ms)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Booked a studio room with breakfast through Agoda for about USD 57 for a night stay. No deposit is required on arrival. The property is just as popular with the local and the foreign travellers. It is liken to staying in a full facilities serviced apartment. Take a taxi from Lat Phro MRT station, about 60 Baht and you should be there in about 12 minutes. Located next to a SHELL gasoiline station. Free in-room wifi and simple cooking appliance are provided. Would recommend it as a stop-over if you need to take early flight off Don Muang airport. Good for elderly, family with young children. There is also a driving range nearby and you get to use the gym and the pool located at the highest floor. The neighbourhood shopping mall ~ Suzuki Avenue Shopping Mall is 10 minutes walk from the property. Lower your expection, and you should enjoy the shopping there. Beware of the wet floor tiles in the bathroom, it may cause you a slip-and fall injury. Take Care. Enjoy the breakfast in the small and cosy restaurant too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Plernpit H, General Manager at Northgate Ratchayothin, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Jerry Thirteen,

First at all, thank you very much for staying at Northgate Ratchayothin Serviced Residence and for taking the time to post your kind comments on the Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciate our full facilities and the great location of the Hotel. I am also glad that you liked our breakfast.
Regarding the wet floor files in the bathroom, we must apologies and bring up this issue to all concerned to take an action for preventive in order to avoid any recurrence. Please rest assured that your feedback is valuable to us and we will communicate with the team accordingly.
Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you at Northgate Ratchayothin Serviced Residence again in the near future.

Plernpit Hanpranil (Ms)

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights - my wife, one year old daughter and I. We were visiting a friend that lived in the same suburb.

Overall its a very well priced, well appointed hotel with good sized rooms that are clean and fairly new.

Positives:
1. Price. Only 2,250 baht per night in total for 3 people in a large room including breakfast.
2. Rooms, Very good size. Nice to have a couch to relax.
3. Minibar. Well stocked and good prices.
4. Room service. Were very quick and got our orders right.
5. Breakfast. A good selection.
6. Reception. Always helpful with advice and booking taxis etc.
7. Location. Its in an outer suburb but there are plenty of shops and sights that can be walked to.

Negatives:
1. Noise at night. I did have to call reception to complain about noise from another guests room at around 11pm. To their credit to noise stopped shortly afterwards.
2. Airport transfer. Arrived 40 minutes late on departure and they had no idea how to fit the babyseat to the car.

Would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrFeathers2012
Plernpit H, General Manager at Northgate Ratchayothin, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Mr.Feathers 2012,

First at all, thank you very much for your kind words and the good review posted on Trip Advisor.
I am highly delighted to read the good words about our hotel and services. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us during your visit to Bangkok. We appreciate every review about our hotel and do our best to deliver the highest possible quality service and product.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Northgate Ratchayothin Serviced Residence in the near future.
Plernpit (Dao) Hanpranil

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The place is cool and the ambience is fine too but the service is not where it should be. They call it residences and it is anywhere from from that though. No kitchen and no Microwave so ... u know the rest of the story when u call it residence...

Room Tip: Not bad but dont have very high hopes
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank avid_SAP_traveller
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Avid_SAP_Traveller,

Thank you very much for your kind words and the good review posted on Trip Advisor.

I was highly satisfied to read your review and thank you very much for your chosen Northgate Ratchayothin Serviced Residence for your stay in Bangkok.

Regarding your comments about our kitchen, we are pleased to inform we are providing the Microwave for long stay contract or upon request.

Plernpit Hanpranil (Dao)

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I spent a total of 4 nights at this place. The place is nice and clean. I love the deco, the spacious room and the beautiful and functional bathroom. My family lives in Bangkok and this serviced apartment isn't far from my family's house. So it is even more convinient for me. It is close to the Major Ratchayotin complex - where you can catch a flix or two and have a good choice of restaurants and lounges. Street vendors are also near the complex for quick shopping as well. So I love the location and the breafast buffet offered was a nice touch. The receptionists are nice abait a bit slow checking you in and out. I'd recommend this place to anyone and I'll be back again.

Room Tip: The longer you stay, the better the room you get.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Dear Aimz 78,

Thank you very much for your review and the time you spent to write it.

I am highly delighted to read the good words about our residence and services. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us during your visit to Bangkok. We appreciate every review about our residence and do our best to deliver the highest possible quality service and product.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Plernpit ( Dao) Hanpranil Ms