Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$46
Free cancellation until 12/08/21
$42
Free cancellation until 12/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$30
Free cancellation until 12/08/21
Booking.com$46
Hotels.com$42
eDreams$46
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We loved our stay at the New Siam Riverside. The reception staff were very helpful and charming. The breakfast was generous and lovely to sit out on the terrace watching the boat traffic. We were so pleased to have stayed in this area away from the busy hotel districts. There are plenty of little bars and restaurants nearby. The boat pier is next to the hotel so travelling around to see the sights is a pleasure rather than a hassle. Coming back late at night from downtown Bangkok and Chinatown we found taxis unwilling to go by the meter but 100 - 120 baht is all you should pay for a fixed price. By the meter it should be about 70. We had two excellent hour long massages for 200 Baht in their newly opened Spa.
We payed the extra for a top floor room with balcony (6402) and would definitely recommend paying for this. We had a nice lunch and some freshly squeezed mango juice so can recommend the food. I think they are trying to upgrade the place and certainly everywhere was very clean but the slightly bossy notices everywhere make you realise that they also catering to backpackers.

Room tip: All the rooms on the top floor have a spacious balcony and lovely view of the river.
Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank michPLondon
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The room is good value for money & location is very good spot. But the restaurant staffs in the buffet breakfast area were rude, they asked me to show them the breakfast coupon 5 times while I was having breakfast! (Before I already show the coupon to the reception at the breakfast area, after that the others staffs asked me to show them again). What's a service!

Room tip: Standard rooms have no views!
Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We are a 55 yr old couple with a vast amount of world travel exp, much of it as backpackers. We splashed out for the last 4 days in Bangkok to nurse my cold and found this absolutely wonderful oasis within a few minutes walk of the famous Khaosan Rd area right on the waters edge. It was recommended in the Lonely Planet Guide and did not disappoint in any way. We choose the best rooms on the top floor with a balcony that overlooks the amazing river and offers everchanging views and a gentle breeze at times. There is also a fantastic big clean swimming pool. Our room with balcony was of the highest standard equal to much more expensive hotels, soft new king size bed, great bathroom and a comprehensive euro / thai buffet breakfast in a serene garden courtyard. Best of all the staff were really polite, helpful and friendly. The people at the front who do tour bookings are happy to give loads of general advice without trying to push you to buy a tour. we found it excellent value for money. If you want quiet, peaceful, luxury in the heart of the action look no further, we recommend it 100% with not even one little thing to quib about. In our 3 week trip in Thailand this is the one hotel we remember as our few days of luxury and we will certainly stay here again. Carmel & Shaun, Whangarei, New Zealand

Room tip: For a treat ask for a 6th floor room with a balcony OVERLOOKING the RIVER its well worth the extra $
Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Shaun Davison C
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel is gorgeous. It has an amazing view and the best, friendliest service I have ever experienced. The price is outstanding for the quality of the hotel.
I stayed at New Siam Riverside for 4 months while studying in Thailand and never once got tired of the delicious food and peaceful atmosphere. It is also in a very convenient area with lots of shopping, food, and a short walk to wat prah keaw.

There is a gorgeous pool to swim in right beside the river, as well as an outdoor breakfast patio/bar with amazing food.

The hotel room came with a television, safe, clean washroom, and a lovely balcony.

I LOVE it and am coming back next January. I would recommend anyone to stay here!

Room tip: Rooms are available with a river view for a slightly higher price - COMPLETELY worth the cost
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Karina N
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel every time I come to Bangkok for about 3 years now. I love the staff and the location. There are many things that could be improved, but at this price and in this location, who cares.

Great river views
Beautiful pool area
Best staff around
Great price
Clean

Breakfast isn't 4star, but I have never had this good of a spread in a hotel at this price. Pineapple and banana pancakes, fresh bread, and a lady cooking eggs. My only request would be that they change the juice... it is horrible.

Wifi is subpar, but lobby computers are a lifesaver.

Truly great staff!