“A Great Central Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“A Great Central Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed here again and it was even better than last time, with efficient friendly reception staff, good food, prompt in room services and pleasant and well informed staff. The ngym and pool are well appointed, fresh and pleasant. The restaurants are pleasing in the quality and range. The location is good for business.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Michaeloutandabout
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Michaeloutandabout,

Allow me to thank you for your kind words and for sharing your opinion with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor.

It is a delight to learn our friendly, efficient, polite staff took good care of you during the whole stay and that you noted and appreciated their uncompromising work. I am also glad you had the use of the fitness center and the swimming pool, located on the 15th floor with the seductive view over the City of Angles. Moreover, it is a pleasure to learn our dining selections matched your taste, with the delicious breakfast buffet which has something for every taste. Our location is indeed spectacular, located with direct entry to the BTS and close by many of the main attractions in Bangkok.

Thank you very much for choosing us again as The Best Address in Bangkok, please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can assist you with. We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Until then, I wish you all the best!

The St. Regis Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed here with my fiancé and two friends in a two bedroom suite for 5 days. As many of the reviews have stated the quality of service would be very difficult to match. I am fairly well traveled and stay in many hotels and I have never seen or experienced such a competent and skilled service at every level in a hotel. It was comparable to being on a luxury cruise where the staff ratios are such that if you have to ask for something the staff almost feels as if they have let you down because they did not anticipate your wants or needs at that moment in time. And as other reviewers have said this is all done very deftly so as not to feel like the server is not hovering or encroaching upon your personal space.

Guests are constantly greeted with warm smiles and friendly pleasantries everywhere you go. The breakfast at Viu restaurant is amazing and the service there is impeccable. The gym, pool and spa areas are all worth a visit and very relaxing as well.

If you are an SPG member, you will be discounted at all meals within the hotel as should be the case and as an additional outstanding perk, there is a wine and cheese hour at Decanter from 6-7pm daily where we were allowed to drink and enjoy the food for free for as long as we wanted until 11pm. One particular night we were late in getting there and they opened up the venue for us and served us because that is what we wanted. We had no preconceived notion that they would do this, they just get it! They go above and beyond to make sure the patron is happy.

At breakfast I observed a single diner who wanted to sit at a four top table near the window. No problem. They happily set it up for him because that is what he wanted. There was no, "Well sir this table is for four people and..." This is just a small illustration of the type of service one will experience here. You are made to feel special at every turn and they take pride in offering top notch service and making guests happy.

I highly recommend this hotel without any reservations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eric C
Dear Eric C,

Allow me to express my sincere gratitude to you for sharing such kind words in this flattering and delighting review with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor. It is absolutely a true pleasure for me and my team to hear that you appreciated and noted everything we are proud of here at The St. Regis Bangkok.

It is a pleasure to learn of your great appreciation of our bespoke service and it truly warms my heart to learn our service met and went beyond expectations. I am pleased you had the chance to experience the wine appreciation at Decanter and that the breakfast buffet at Viu matched your taste. Moreover, I am glad to learn you at the use of the delicate Elemis Spa, the fitness center and spa located on the 15th floor with the remarkable view over Bangkok skyline.

Please rest assured you are a valued guest of ours and we are looking forward to welcome you back to The Best Address in the not so distant future. If there is anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team.

Until then, I wish you and your fiancé all the best!

TravelandL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I decided to try St Regis after many nice stays at Orient Mandarin, but I didn't want to deal with too much more usual traffic due to protesting. I arrived Feb 10th right in midst of protesting blockage etc. From moment I arrived until I departed I was warmly, yet discreetly welcomed. Beam my Butler was quite nice and eager to help but also step back and not hover. The room was clean and spacious and housekeeping great. The view was wonderful. An extra plus I'd say, was the Sky Train entrance attached to the hotel. I didn't feel threatened getting around but it was a extra plus to the St R after a long hot day. I eat in JoJo, Viu, and had drinks in The StR bar. The service and food met the StR standard and I felt the staff enjoyed doing their jobs even thou it was quiet during the stay. The pool was great and they accomodated me whne my flight was delayed nicely. If I had to fault anything it is more of a suggestion. The bath has a lovely tub but no tv or music to relax longer. Also the bath should have a magnifying mirror for such a lux setting.

Room Tip: Room with view over BSC is great
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelandL
Dear TravelandL,

Allow me to thank you for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts about your previous stay here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn we met and went beyond your expectations from arrival to departure. Moreover, I am glad to learn you noted and appreciated the spacious, carefully designed rooms, the unique view over the Royal Sports Club and our convenient location with the direct entry to the BTS station. It is a real pleasure to learn you had the chance to experience the delectable dining at Viu, JoJo and The St. Regis bar and it was all enjoyable.

Please rest assured your kind words about Beam as been passed on, I always get extra excited when guests comment on the bespoke service, as we always pledge to provide the most personalized service.

Furthermore, thank you very much for your suggestions for the bathroom, it has been noted!

Allow me to thank you for staying with us, we would be more than happy to welcome you back and pamper in the future! In the mean time, if there is anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Uncompromising elegance and bespoke service... this hotel definitely lives up to the St Regis’ legacy as defined on their website.

From the moment we arrived we received the 5 star hospitality you hope for from a brand like this.

We have visited Bangkok many times, as a couple, with friends and for business. We have stayed in different hotels - "change is as good as a rest" as they say. But since staying at the St Regis (this isn't our first time now) the saying has to be: "Why settle for less".

The location is great with the hotel attached to Ratchadamri BTS station by a walkway from the 2nd floor - no need to walk outside and from there it is easy to get almost anywhere in the City. It is also close to some of the best shopping malls in Bangkok - e.g. Paragon, CentralWorld.

The Italian restaurant, JoJo’s, has always been excellent in both service and food. Sophisticated while still having that Italian 'being at home' feel. We had a table outside which was a perfect setting with Bangkok also having perfect outdoor weather.

The breakfast buffet is definitely something worth getting out of bed for(!) and the Sunday brunch is an absolute must. The ‘spread’ for both was in another league to other buffets we have experienced, just to look at the layout had your taste buds buzzing and the food did not disappoint the buzz.

The rooms was classic elegance although this time we did stay in the Caroline Astor Suite and the view was stunning of the Sports Club and City. The service was impeccable and professional while still being friendly and attentive. Did I mention the Butler Service? The name speaks for itself - Ring, Request and Receive has to be the phrase for the St Regis Service.

It goes without saying that I would highly recommend staying here for any occasion. Why settle for less......

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank SpoiledSpouse
Dear lashk747,

Please allow me to express my sincere gratitude to you for sharing such a flattering and delighting review with fellow travelers here on Tripadvisor. It is a true pleasure for me and my team to learn that you have noted and appreciated everything that we stand for here at The St. Regis Bangkok.

I am truly honored and grateful to hear our professional, efficient and caring staff has made your entire stay memorable. Furthermore, it makes me happy to hear you noted and enjoyed the unique and convenient location, the exclusive dining selections and the luxurious Caroline Astor Suite with its stunning view over the Royal Sports Club and Bangkok skyline.

Please rest assured you are a valued guest of ours and that we all are looking forward to pamper you again here at “The Best Address” in the future! Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in my team if there are any arrangements we can assist you with.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

You can do no wrong with the St Regis.
Great location being close to the rail station.

Rooms were beautiful and the butler service was fabulous.
Breakfast was included in our stay and was delicious with varied options.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank RiniSimi
Dear RiniSimi,

Allow me to sincerely thank you for your kind words, and for sharing your thoughts here on Tripadvisor with fellow travelers.

I am delighted to learn your experience with us met and went beyond expectations. It is a pleasure to learn our spacious, carefully designed rooms and our bespoke butler service came to your liking. Moreover, we are situated very conveniently having the direct entry to the BTS station and having the unique view over The Royal Sports Club, and it makes me happy to read it came to your use. Never the less, I am glad to learn the breakfast buffet with the wide selection matched your taste and I do hope you will return to “The City of Angles” to have some more!

Please do not hesitate to contact my team or me if you need any assistance, we are looking forward to welcome you back to “The Best Address”!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at the St. Regis brand hotel. We had a wonderful two night stay. This is a quite high end hotel with the BTS rail station connected to the hotel. The food and drinks were all very good. The staff was welcoming during our stay.

The only negatives was that the staff lost my luggage and it took 1-2 hours to receive it in the room and the spa facilities although free to use we're lacking.

I would stay at the hotel next time in Bangkok due to location of BTS station and flexibility for early checkin and late check out for Starwood members.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SFLadies
Dear SFLadies,

Allow me to thank you for sharing your valuable opinion and thoughts with fellow travelers on Tripadvisor, and for trusting The St. Regis Bangkok with our hospitality.

I am pleased to learn that our convenient position with the direct entry to the BTS station and our unique scenery over The Royal Sports Club were appreciated. Moreover, it is a true delight to learn everything from the early check in to the late check out, the carefully designed rooms, the different Food &Beverage venues, and the efficient and friendly staff all met and went beyond your expectations.

However, thank you for informing us about the delay of the luggage delivery, as we always want to improve. It should not be happening, and allow me to extend my apologies.

Please do not hesitate to contact my team or me when you decide to come back to “The City of Angels” and we would be more than happy to assist you and welcome you back to “The Best Address”.

Until then, I wish you all the best!

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights recently and were upgraded to a corner suite overlooking the race course.
Met at the lobby level by your Butler who takes you straight to the room for checking in formalities. The Butler service is on hand 24 hours a day providing simple things like a cup of complimentary coffee right up to meeting your every needs.
We ate at Zuma restaurant which although attached to the hotel is not part of the hotel as such, but was up to its usual standard and provides a great alternative to the hotel's restaurant's.
The pool is both modern and provides some privacy, such a welcome change to many 5 star hotel pools.
The biggest accolade for the St. Regis is the attentiveness of the staff, whether at breakfast or in the bar or the lobby.
The location is excellent- right next to other 5 star hotels, not far from shopping and the SkyTrain station is connected to the hotel.
If you have one of the lower rooms facing the station, you will hear the trains arriving and departing from the nearby station, but it's not that distracting and won't affect your sleep as the service is not 24 hours.
We availed ourselves of the limousine service on arrival at Bangkok International airport. It beats waiting for a taxi and battling Bangkok traffic in style is the only way to go!!
This is a first rate hotel, one of the nicest we have EVER stayed at and will return guaranteed when next in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing the race track
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank M0ntauban
Dear M0ntauban,

Allow me to express my gratitude for your exceptionally kind words and for sharing your thoughts here on Tripadvisor with fellow travelers.

I am delighted to learn that the staff and especially the bespoke butler service came to your liking and made you feel as special as you are to us. It also makes me glad to learn the limousine service came in good use and the following in-room check in were appreciated. Never the less, it is a pleasure to learn our outdoor swimming pool on the 15th floor with the view over The Royal Sports Club was enjoyable. The St. Regis Bangkok has indeed a luxurious and unique location with the best shopping and tourist attractions close by, and of course that we have the direct entry to the BTS station makes it even easier to travel.

We will be waiting for you here at “The Best Address”, looking forward to greet you again for your next visit to Bangkok. In the mean time, if there is anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate contacting my team or me.