“Big rooms in a good location”

Ranked #13 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The rooms are large with plenty of space. Good bathrooms with a great shower and the usual St Regis body products. Nice views from the huge windows. Lovely beds and bedding. Butlers were delightful and very charming & polite. Great food from room service and super helpful concierge. Right by an BTS stop and walking distance - 20 minutes - to Siam Paragon mall.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetravel29
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear lovetravel29,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers on such a powerful social tool that Trip Advisor happens to be!

My team and I appreciate the efforts and time invested and are very grateful for the privilege of having you as our valuable guest.

We are happy to hear you appreciated the high quality amenities provided in our spacious guestrooms and irrefutably cloud-like beds, but also the efficient and informative Concierge staff, as well as the signature Butler Service.

Thank you once again for placing your trust in our hospitality, we are indeed looking forward to having the chance to pamper you in not so distant future!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had stay few time here and some trip are a long stay. During my stay, I got help from the butler and front desk, they all very helpful and always try to answer. The butler always bring me tea. I made friends with them, I remember there is PK who very fit and also learn kickboxing, Toto who always put her shoes outside. Pun who alway greet. And Mee who help me with the Thailand situation and keep me updated. I remember the front desk Kono, who always helping me when I am looking for my friends room number. And many more that are very agile to help when I having some trouble. Event when I go to the breakfast area, they are all remember me and alway help me. Thanks all of them who willing to help and be friend with me.

Room Tip: All their room have a very great view. I prefer that I can see the racetrack or swimming pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Theodorus T

Dear Theodorus T,

Please allow me to thank you for your ongoing support to our cause, and for placing your trust in the hospitality we provide here at St. Regis Bangkok! I would also love to express my gratitude for taking the time to write a comment full of words of praise and compliments, which undoubtedly makes our job worthwhile.

There is nothing that makes me happier than knowing our guests’ expectations are being exceeded throughout their stay, and I am delighted to learn that we have certainly managed to exceed yours! My team and I are happy that you have not only demonstrated your appreciation of our glorious décor and facilities, but first and foremost, the affability and professionalism of our staff, namely Toto, Punn, Mee and Kono. All of the individuals mentioned are exceptional addition to the team who have successfully been driving our hotel towards excellence and being “The Best Address” in Bangkok. Please rest assured that your kind words have been passed to both our exceptional staff, but also the rest of the management team.

Thank you for being a part of the St. Regis family, because we certainly do perceive you that way.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The St Regis Bangkok is a truly luxurious modern hotel that has much to offer that I stayed at in January of 2012, despite it saying 2013 at the bottom. It is a pure five star hotel and beats many local hotels in Bangkok that are being out-dated. I originally booked a night at the Peninsula and was horrified by the hotel so decided to see what St Regis had to offer in Bangkok.

I have been to many St Regis resorts as well as other five star resorts and hotels before but this was the finest hotel I have seen in a while. They instantly allowed me to stay the night after not having an earlier booking and were efficient in cleaning the room that I was staying in. The manager was so polite and pleasant towards me and understood my situation. After arriving in the room I was startled to see how spacious and large the Deluxe Room was as it was the lowest price in terms of accommodation. I recommend trying to get a higher floor if you can, much more rewarding in terms of views at both night and day.

I was amazed by the Fitness Centre as it too was very roomy and had so many machines to offer for use. The view onto the golf course is remarkable from all locations in the hotel, especially the main area for checking in. The pool is extremely nice, however can be very packed at times as it is a small pool for such an eccentric looking large hotel. Nether the less the pool seats are fabulous and overlook the great modern architecture of Bangkok and the fabulous golf course.

I recommend if you have the money to try the Penthouse at the Residences as it looks astonishing from just seeing it. Although the Penthouse is incomparable, the Deluxe Room is like a suite in any other five star hotels.

Although I arrived without a reservation, the staff and manager were so charming and divine and showed me all around the parts of the hotel. One of the top parts of the hotel is the buffet for breakfast. It offers an exceptional range of all types of foods from different cultures, the range is extremely diverse.

The St Regis is arguably the best and most modern hotel in Bangkok that offers spacious luxury in every choice of room. The bathrooms are exceptional and all rooms and parts of the hotel kept in and particularly good condition. St Regis has done a very respectable job on this estate in Bangkok and it stands out as the paramount and most deluxe resort in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are far more rewarding for views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank maxamoh

Dear maxamoh,

Allow me to thank you for providing us with such a delightful read and what happens to be one of the most thorough reviews I have read on Trip Advisor!

I am delighted to hear of such compliments, especially coming from an experienced traveler like yourself; knowing that in the pool of St. Regis hotels visited, it was ours you have found to be exceptional is the best early Christmas gift we possibly could have gotten. It gives me great pleasure to learn you have appreciated our Fitness Room, stylish and seductive infinity pool overlooking downtown Bangkok, spacious guestrooms and last but not the least, the affability of our friendly and efficient staff. Knowing you refer to us as “the paramount for luxury service” and “the most deluxe” hotel in Bangkok brings a great smile to my face, and makes our job worthwhile!
Thank you once again for making our day that extra special by sharing your comments with fellow travelers on Trip Advisor, and accept my invite to welcome you in the future and pamper you once again here at St. Regis Bangkok!

Should there be any arrangements we could assist you with on your potential future stays with us, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Spent two nights there, given I had to attend some events around there. Great place. Outstanding bar and excellent drinks. Room service is great too, food quality outstanding, the rooms are great and very well decorated. A bit of a disadvantage are the lighting systems, its pretty complicated to manage the lighting, especially at night: you press the wrong button and you light up the entire room. The butler service is a bit of a downer. It may be good marketing and sounds impressive, but merely the fact that I needed to iron a shirt (all hotels i have stayed in had iron and board), here I needed to ask the butler to get this done and this took far too long, especially given that it was an unexpected last minute matter.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JP T

Dear JP T,

Allow me to thank you for sharing your thoughts on the experience you had at St. Regis Bangkok, as well as for providing us with some rather constructive criticism my team and I sure do appreciate!

I am happy to hear you have acknowledged the outstanding quality of the drink menu in our renowned St. Regis Bar, as well as the In Room Dining service and spacious guestrooms we provide to our guests.

Nevertheless, please note that your remarks in regards to lighting system and Butler Service have been acknowledged and passed on to the management concerned. Furthermore, please be informed that, as we constantly strive towards improving our services, we do offer iron and board as on-call items to our guests who prefer to iron their garments without the aid of the butler. However, please accept our sincerest apologies if the issues addressed above have caused any inconvenience or spoiled your stay at St. Regis Bangkok.

Thank you once again for placing your trust in The St. Regis brand, we are looking forward to welcoming you in near future.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Bangkok has plenty of top hotels on offer, but the St Regis has that little extra: the personalised service, the very classy decoration, more quiet and discrete, great location,... It's just more than an "ordinary" 5 star hotel. Top !

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dirk3061
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Dirk3061,

Allow me to thank you for sharing your experience at The St. Regis Bangkok with fellow travelers, but also us who are constantly striving to make your stay at our hotel a memorable one!

Your comments have been shared with the rest of my team who are delighted to hear you have appreciated the impressive hotel, bespoke service but also the convenience of our location.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you in the future!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I forced myself to check in to St regis bangkok because i was really curious on how is the personalize service in this property. my friends were all saying that the staff(butlers) was really amazing and exceptional on how they give attention to their guests.

Upon checking in. we were welcomed by the smiling doorman and a very pretty lady at the lift landing. front desk was fine. the only thing the i dont like was the agent seem to be very blur of what is going on with the hotel. we asked her questions like if they can extend us late check out since our flight will be at 10pm and she told us 2pm but after 2 seconds supervisor pop up and say can not 2pm only 1pm. but that was alright.

upon going to room. we were welcomed by the floor butler Mee. he was a very cute butler. like a little boy serving us. he showed us the room features. he gave us informations on where to go and what to do on our last night in bangkok.,so we went to places like where the hangover part 2 was shoot and do a little shopping in jatujak also. when we came back to the hotel around 8pm. we bump in to him on the corridor and he saw us carrying a lot of things. without thinking twice he offered us some refreshments. so i ordered of iced lemon grass tea and lemon tea for my partner. in less than 10 minutes they delivered the teas,. with a bday cake. 4 butlers came over and surprised me with a bouquet of flowers and my favorite cheesecake. i was very surprised almost made me cried(but ofcourse i have to control myself. hahah) around 12mn. i noticed that our booking dont have a check in Baggage allowance. again butler Toto was more than happy to assist us to give the airline a call regarding it. she was too nice and she did all the arrangement for us. she knows that we are very tired. even though she is very busy she manage to help us.

on the next day. when we woke up we were served with hot coffee and english breakfast tea. by the butler ann. she is also a very sweet girl. we enquired on where to buy new luggage since we shopped a lot during our stay there. she informed us that we can go to a place called pratinum. were in we can get a good deal with all types of items. so we went there. and when we came back she kept on insisting to help us pack our luggage, but we actually dont want since we know that our things is too much to pack. i still insisted to request for late check out from her and she was very nice to call the front desk for us since we are packing our things already to give us another hour so we dont need to keep on rushing. Butler ann was very nice to bid farewell to us at the lobby. we felt like we are VVVIP. even though we are just a normal guest.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank supermelong

Dear supermelong,

Firstly, allow me to thank you for putting your experience into words and sharing a piece of your journey in The Land of Smiles with fellow travellers here on Tripadvisor.

Secondly, I would like to thank you again, for making mine and my team’s day that extra special by endorsing everything that we stand for and strive towards in your story.

It is beyond flattering to hear that a few simple, yet thoughtful gestures delivered by our staff have made your birthday “the best birthday experience”! I am delighted to have Mee, Ann and Toto as members of my team, as they epitomise all the values St. Regis vouches for, thus please rest assured that your comments have been well noted and appreciated by our management. We are so lucky to have them here at the hotel and are happy to hear they have all taken that extra step in making your stay extraordinary and fit for a royal – just the way it should be! Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travellers and for giving our hospitality a chance.

On behalf of my team and I, I would like to invite you to join us again here at the Best Address in not so distant future! Nevertheless, should there be anything else we can do for your on your future stays, I would be more than happy to be at your service.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Well located right at the city centre,just within walking distance to Erawan Shrine,Central World,Siam Paragon and etc.
Very friendly and beautiful hotel staffs. =D Never failed to welcome you with a smile.
Love the view from the room especially at dusk,very cosy and homey.
Breakfast was great,love how the milk was stored in a conical-like flask.
A little disappointed with the hotel toiletries though.It wasn't that bad at all,but with its 5 stars status,I expect something more branded or imported toiletries.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sunset_Limited

Dear Sunset_Limited,

Thank you for taking the time to write down your thoughts on the experience at St. Regis Bangkok during your most recent stay with us!

I am delighted to hear you have appreciated the central, and rather unique location of our hotel, its proximity to the city’s major shopping district, as well as the comfortable, spacious rooms and friendly smiles of our staff.

I regret to hear you had higher expectations in terms of our bathroom amenities, however, we constantly aim to improve our service and our product hence this comment is beyond valuable for us and has been passed on to the management concerned.

Thank you for placing your trust in our hospitality, we are looking forward to welcoming you here at St. Regis Bangkok in near future!