“Stunning rooms, inconsistent service”

Ranked #13 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, with all the typical amenities found in St Regis hotels worldwide. From the time you enter the hotel you are ushered to a private check-in desk with very professional pleasant people. I was upgrade to a suite and it was amazing. Elegant, modern decor with a few Thai inspired touches. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was roomy with a great walk-in shower. Wonderful views overlooking the golf course. Wireless internet in the room was average. There is the St Regis butler service, which I found to be very good. I was offered complimentary laundering and pressing (it is an amenity if you are a platinum member in the SPG program) and it was done quickly (within a couple of hours) and perfectly.

Breakfast in the restaurant was high quality Extensive buffet with selections of everything from the typical made to order eggs to a sushi bar to traditional asian soups. Food was delicious.

Location is great. There is a BTS (Bangkok's above ground subway) stop with entrance conveniently accessible through the hotel. So no need to endure the hot Bangkok sun to get to the BTS.

Service is spotty. This is a relatively new hotel (open for a little over a year) so the staff is still learning. I was given mis-information many times which I found frustrating. However, I did speak to an assistance manager who helped remedy everything. I think once the hotel gets the staff well trained, it will be a great hotel.

Check-out was fast and efficient. You can request a late check-out (up to 10pm!) at no additional cost if you have a late flight. My flight was at midnight, so I was given a 9pm check-out. Just a note, late check-out is based on availability therefore not guaranteed. But I have used this several times and have found that they try hard to accommodate the request.

Bangkok has so many great hotels and I have stayed at many, but I think the St Regis rates in the top 10.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Runwayg1irl
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Runwayg1rl,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the St. Regis Bangkok and for sharing such a comprehensive review with fellow travelers on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that we were able to reach your expectations by providing you with a seamless check in process, spacious, well-appointed Caroline Astor suite, and attentive Butler service. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and for being our valuable Platinum member, your devotion to what we do truly means the world to us and I am delighted you were able to use the privileges it entails, such as the late departure and garment pressing.

Here at the St. Regis Bangkok, we believe in serving with style and your feedback certainly reinforces all the efforts our associates put forth each day. Nevertheless, please allow me to extend my gratitude for your thoughtful understanding for any glitches that may have occurred during your stay and the feedback you kindly provided us with. Having said that, your constructive criticism in regards to the service consistency is yet another motivator that will propel us towards reaching excellence and bespoke service for each and every guest, and eventually exceeding your expectations on one of the potential future visits to our hotel.

Thank you for placing us among the best hotels in town, we are sincerely looking forward to having the chance to pamper you on your next visit to The City of Angels.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Not much to say here. Most large hotels in Bangkok are quite an experience. This place offers spectacular views over the park / golf course and the place is clean with professional and friendly staff. It's right at one of the SkyTrain stops, so getting around the city is quite easy and convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear the_flobo,

Thank you for the kind words shared in your comment, it was indeed a pleasure having you as our guest here at St. Regis Bangkok!

I am delighted to hear you got the chance to enjoy in the magnificent view from our spacious guestrooms, impeccable maintenance of the public areas and professionalism of our staff.

Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the rest of my team, who are excited about having the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My first time in Bangkok but thanks to the staff of St. Regis, it will not be my last. I am loyal to the brand and the exceeded my expectations. From private check in, to all of the delights and surprises as my partner and I celebrated our anniversary. To the selection and upgrade of our room. The St. Regis was extraordinary. It's view of the golf course and city are spectacular. The train system is literally connected to the hotel. Many taxi drivers don't know it exist but just say Four Seasons and it's rights next door. The property is new and quite modern but the Strong Thai influence is outspoken. I can not wait to return and thank you to the staff of St. Regis and my butler P.K.. Also the brunch is unbelievable and I hate buffets lol

Room Tip: Just simply ask
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DrKeith1242,

An experience described in your review, for which we are so grateful for, is exactly how we envision it to be – extraordinary, full of little delights and beyond expectations!

Thank you for your loyalty to the rich legacy and bespoke service characteristic for the St. Regis brand, as well as for choosing our hotel as your Address in the City of Angels. I am happy to hear your important occasion was made that much more special thanks to the exceptional, friendly service provided by one of our best - Ms. PK, a room upgrade to one of our legendary suites, and plentiful brunch spread in VIU restaurant. Please rest assured that your kind comments have been shared among our management, who have well recognized PK’s efforts in making your stay exceptional.

In the meantime, we remain hopeful your plans of the next visit to Bangkok and our hotel are well under way, and that we will get the chance to pamper you in not so distant future. However, should you require any additional arrangements on your next visit, I would be more than happy to assist you.

The St.Regis Bangkok

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having been to Bangkok a number of times, I always try to stay at different places so I can gather new experiences. This lead me to the St Regis brand spanking new.
Checkin was excellent , super staff as in most place sin BKK.
Room opulent but a little inconvenient. Huge tv and all the facilities one would expect in such a hotel.
Superb breakfast buffet and cocktail hour. Always recommended anywhere, its a nice lil perk if U stay on the club floors.
Overall found it a tad overrated since there are many cheaper and perhaps better options in Bangkok worth considering.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Notty N

Dear nottyandnice,

Please allow me to thank you for deciding to spend your valuable time on writing a review on your experience at the St. Regis Bangkok.

Every feedback received is treasured by my team and I, though I do regret to hear our hotel did not appeal to your taste as expected. Nevertheless, I am delighted our check in process was seamless, breakfast spread plentiful and rooms spacious. However, should you like to share your views on how we can improve our service and enhance its value, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Should you decide to give our service a second chance on one of your future visits to Bangkok, my team and I remain at your assistance.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed in for a while. Great location, excellent decor and v nice rooms. The staff always smiling and very attentive. I enjoyed both a late night dinner and breakfast - v high quality of cuisine. I cannot fault this hotel, keep up the good work.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear kapasun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on the St. Regis experience you had in Bangkok!

There are no words to explain how flattered I am to hear you find us to be “one of the best hotels” you have stayed in, as well as that you have appreciated our spacious, tastefully furnished guestrooms, admirable food quality and our best asset – our affable, friendly staff.

Thank you for placing your trust in us, and in the meantime, my team and I remain confident we will get the chance to welcome you again in not so distant future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The check in was amazing, Front office Manager David is truly a asset to this hotel! The service from the concierge, buttlers, food and beverage teams made our stay memorable!
We will definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Princesschefkauai
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Princeschefkauai,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions on the memorable experience you have had at St. Regis Bangkok!

Mr. David Leung is undoubtedly a great asset to our hotel, and we are all very lucky to have him as a part of our leading management team, and it makes me delighted to hear you have recognized his true value.

Thank you for also recognizing the quality of the service provided by our Concierge, Butler and Food & Beverage teams, and providing us with reassurance that our staff really is our major strength.

On behalf of my team, I would like to invite you to join us in the future, and get to enjoy the true St. Regis hospitality once again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Undoubtedly the finest hotel I have ever stayed in. Now granted, I'm in my early 30s and have a lot of "staying" to go, but I can't imagine finding many hotels that are as exceptional as this.

Everything about our stay was ethereal. There was only one bad thing (and it was REALLY bad): we had to leave.

The moment you walk-in, you feel like a million bucks. The staff, as expected, is superb. They deliver in every way possible. While we waited to check in, we had a signature St. Regis bloody mary (did you know that the bloody mary was invented at St. Regis's flagship New York City property?). I was thrilled when I found out we had been upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite.

Opulent. Classy. Balanced, I'm still not doing justice to how nice this room was. My favorite part was the bathroom--fit for a king. HUGE soaking tub, top-notch Remede amenities, enough space for 10 people to get ready at once. The view was also breathtaking. If I could pick one hotel room to make my home, I'd choose this one.

If you've been to Bangkok, you know how huge it is. The St. Regis is fairly centrally located with an awesome direct entrance to the BTS (public transportation).

Additionally, SPG Platinum status got us free breakfast and free daily happy hour. As is typical with upscale hotels in Asia, the breakfast spread was almost too much. You look at it and feel badly--thinking about the all of the hungry people in the world. Undoubtedly, one of the best breakfasts I've ever had in my life. And happy hour - we were able to order several drinks from the regular menu at no cost (and the menu prices...also meant for a king)!

I sincerely hope I get to stay here again. If it's out of your budget, I highly recommend finding a way to make it work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MarkyMarkTXNYC,

Allow me to thank you for the kind words, but also a witty review which happens to be a rather amusing read for all of us here at St. Regis Bangkok!

It’s been a real pleasure reading about your memorable experience and sharing it with the rest of the team at the “Best Address” in Bangkok. It’s hard to put our excitement into words, but we are beyond than flattered to be flagged as the “finest hotel you have stayed in” on your travel map.

However, knowing we have succeeded in our primary goal and made you feel like extraordinary, thanks to the friendly smiles of our staff, spacious, opulent rooms, rich legacy and unique tradition of St. Regis brand, and your favourite spot in our rooms, our stylish bathtubs, has truly made our day that extra special. Thank you for complimenting our great connectivity to the major shopping areas, plentiful breakfast spread and astonishing views from our guestrooms.

It’s been an honour and a delight having you as our distinguished guest, and we are all excited about your future stay with us, hopefully in not so distant future.
Should you decide to give our hospitality a second try, I would be more than happy to personally aid you with any arrangements you may have.

In the meantime, I wish you all the best in your travel adventures and future endeavours!

Sincerely yours,