“Over rated and over hyped” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The St. Regis Bangkok

and 1 more site!
Ranked #14 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Over rated and over hyped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having been to Bangkok a number of times, I always try to stay at different places so I can gather new experiences. This lead me to the St Regis brand spanking new.
Checkin was excellent , super staff as in most place sin BKK.
Room opulent but a little inconvenient. Huge tv and all the facilities one would expect in such a hotel.
Superb breakfast buffet and cocktail hour. Always recommended anywhere, its a nice lil perk if U stay on the club floors.
Overall found it a tad overrated since there are many cheaper and perhaps better options in Bangkok worth considering.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Notty N
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear nottyandnice,

Please allow me to thank you for deciding to spend your valuable time on writing a review on your experience at the St. Regis Bangkok.

Every feedback received is treasured by my team and I, though I do regret to hear our hotel did not appeal to your taste as expected. Nevertheless, I am delighted our check in process was seamless, breakfast spread plentiful and rooms spacious. However, should you like to share your views on how we can improve our service and enhance its value, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Should you decide to give our service a second chance on one of your future visits to Bangkok, my team and I remain at your assistance.

The St. Regis Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed in for a while. Great location, excellent decor and v nice rooms. The staff always smiling and very attentive. I enjoyed both a late night dinner and breakfast - v high quality of cuisine. I cannot fault this hotel, keep up the good work.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear kapasun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on the St. Regis experience you had in Bangkok!

There are no words to explain how flattered I am to hear you find us to be “one of the best hotels” you have stayed in, as well as that you have appreciated our spacious, tastefully furnished guestrooms, admirable food quality and our best asset – our affable, friendly staff.

Thank you for placing your trust in us, and in the meantime, my team and I remain confident we will get the chance to welcome you again in not so distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

The check in was amazing, Front office Manager David is truly a asset to this hotel! The service from the concierge, buttlers, food and beverage teams made our stay memorable!
We will definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Princesschefkauai
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Princeschefkauai,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions on the memorable experience you have had at St. Regis Bangkok!

Mr. David Leung is undoubtedly a great asset to our hotel, and we are all very lucky to have him as a part of our leading management team, and it makes me delighted to hear you have recognized his true value.

Thank you for also recognizing the quality of the service provided by our Concierge, Butler and Food & Beverage teams, and providing us with reassurance that our staff really is our major strength.

On behalf of my team, I would like to invite you to join us in the future, and get to enjoy the true St. Regis hospitality once again.

Sincerely yours,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Undoubtedly the finest hotel I have ever stayed in. Now granted, I'm in my early 30s and have a lot of "staying" to go, but I can't imagine finding many hotels that are as exceptional as this.

Everything about our stay was ethereal. There was only one bad thing (and it was REALLY bad): we had to leave.

The moment you walk-in, you feel like a million bucks. The staff, as expected, is superb. They deliver in every way possible. While we waited to check in, we had a signature St. Regis bloody mary (did you know that the bloody mary was invented at St. Regis's flagship New York City property?). I was thrilled when I found out we had been upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite.

Opulent. Classy. Balanced, I'm still not doing justice to how nice this room was. My favorite part was the bathroom--fit for a king. HUGE soaking tub, top-notch Remede amenities, enough space for 10 people to get ready at once. The view was also breathtaking. If I could pick one hotel room to make my home, I'd choose this one.

If you've been to Bangkok, you know how huge it is. The St. Regis is fairly centrally located with an awesome direct entrance to the BTS (public transportation).

Additionally, SPG Platinum status got us free breakfast and free daily happy hour. As is typical with upscale hotels in Asia, the breakfast spread was almost too much. You look at it and feel badly--thinking about the all of the hungry people in the world. Undoubtedly, one of the best breakfasts I've ever had in my life. And happy hour - we were able to order several drinks from the regular menu at no cost (and the menu prices...also meant for a king)!

I sincerely hope I get to stay here again. If it's out of your budget, I highly recommend finding a way to make it work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MarkyMarkTXNYC,

Allow me to thank you for the kind words, but also a witty review which happens to be a rather amusing read for all of us here at St. Regis Bangkok!

It’s been a real pleasure reading about your memorable experience and sharing it with the rest of the team at the “Best Address” in Bangkok. It’s hard to put our excitement into words, but we are beyond than flattered to be flagged as the “finest hotel you have stayed in” on your travel map.

However, knowing we have succeeded in our primary goal and made you feel like extraordinary, thanks to the friendly smiles of our staff, spacious, opulent rooms, rich legacy and unique tradition of St. Regis brand, and your favourite spot in our rooms, our stylish bathtubs, has truly made our day that extra special. Thank you for complimenting our great connectivity to the major shopping areas, plentiful breakfast spread and astonishing views from our guestrooms.

It’s been an honour and a delight having you as our distinguished guest, and we are all excited about your future stay with us, hopefully in not so distant future.
Should you decide to give our hospitality a second try, I would be more than happy to personally aid you with any arrangements you may have.

In the meantime, I wish you all the best in your travel adventures and future endeavours!

Sincerely yours,

shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

In a city of great hotels, it takes a lot of hard work and great commitment to stand out. The St Regis has only been open for a couple of years but it has already become our go-to hotel in Bangkok. A great welcome, wonderful service, warm, gracious staff and beautifully appointed rooms. All pretty standard for a good hotel in the city but at the St Regis it all happens so effortlessly and easily that you feel you could stay for a long time and still not tire of the place. When these attributes are combined with wonderful greeters at breakfast, a great location, direct access to the BTS (we lived in Bangkok and we know how necessary this is) plus a cool, calm collectedness about the place that makes it feel so utterly comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear martinjlee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on what seem to appear to be more than satisfactory experience at St. Regis Bangkok! It’s a real delight knowing we have managed to win you over and become your preferred address in the City of Angels.

I am pleased to hear you, a person familiar with Bangkok hotel offering, have appreciated our elegant service and opulent, spacious rooms, and have recognized us at the hotel that “stands out” in a city as competitive as ours is.

Thank you once again for trusting in our service, your support truly means the world to us. Should there be any arrangements we can take care of on your future visit to St. Regis Bangkok, I would be more than happy to personally assist you.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife, and I stayed here.

This was our 3rd stay here @ St. Regis.

The check-in was great! I was greeted by a staff, and as well as the manager.

Room wise it is great, and is clean.

The hotel is located next to the BTS station making commuting very efficient.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view towards sports club
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear S C,

Please allow me to extend my gratitude to your wife and yourself for taking the time to share your exceptional experience with fellow travelers on Tripadvisor.

Your kind words mean the world to us, and we are all happy to hear your arrival experience was pleasant and personalized, as well as that you enjoyed our spacious guestrooms and great connectivity of our hotel to the Sky Train line.

Thank you for relying on our hospitality, we are looking forward to welcoming you in not so distant future.

Canberra
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

St Regis in name only. The service level at this hotel is appalling, arrived at 2.15pm was advised our room would be ready in an hour, no problem, 2 hours pass and when we enquire we are advised they have no record of us, 10 minutes pass and they finally find our details. The rooms are very tired, ours had large chips out of furniture, windows very dirty. Once in room you are then subjected to continual interruptions by the Butler advising what he can do for you, on hearing that you can have 4 items pressed as part of the service this sounds like a good idea, then you are advised it can take up to 4 hours, service I think not, quicker to ask for an iron and ironing board and do it your self, ironing board arrives, cover full of tears and the iron whilst steam is probably the cheapest on the market 5 star no way. Staff everywhere however there appears to be no organisation if one staff member advises something 2 minutes later another advises the same thing, repetition is not service, I suggest that the Bangkok management team have an in service at the St Regis in Singapore the staff in Singapore could teach them a few things.

Room Tip: Don't waste your $$$ there are better hotels in Bangkok.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank GPDCanberra
Dear GPDCanberra,

Despite being seriously saddened after having read your comment, I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and sharing your view on the experience you have had at St. Regis Bangkok.

I am disappointed to hear you found the condition and maintenance of our guestrooms to be less than satisfactory, as well as the promptness of the service provided upon check in, and would like to apologize if your stay had been seriously affected by these unfortunate factors.

Nevertheless, I am sorry if thoughtfulness of our Butler staff came across as intimidating and irritating, and at the same time remain confident this was everything but the intention of the member of personnel in question. It is disheartening to know that neither of the alternatives offered were able to meet your needs and wants, but I am also thankful for the feedback you kindly provided us with.

In spite of falling short of your expectations, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views on hospitality level demonstrated at St. Regis Bangkok, and wish you all the best in your future endeavors and travels!