“Undoubtely, one of the top hotels in Bangkok”

Ranked #13 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is one of those hotels you are waitng in your life to live an experience: Neo colonial, luxury style, huge rooms, great view, cool pool and top service.
Breakfast is impressive with many live stations, and the choice of another two resaurants really good. Rooms are huge and have all the amenities you imagine and even more!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank savask
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear savask,

Please accept my sincere gratitude for the compliments expressed in your review on your exceptional experience at St. Regis Bangkok!

There are no words that can express my happiness while reading that very first line of your comment; it truly made mine and my team’s day that extra special.
In the meantime, we remain hopeful we will get another chance to pamper you in near future!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is about my 5th visit back to St Regis Bangkok. Bringing a friend for the first time and also to celebrate my advanced birthday. We were fortunate to get in touch with Mr David Leung - Front Office Manager, whom rendered great assistance in ensuring we get the room upon our arrival despite him not being there!

Our arrival experience was welcoming with the hostess bringing us up to the lobby to check in and offering us a welcome lemon-grass cold drink. That's what we need in this Bangkok weather! We got to our Caroline Astor Suite, thanks to David's arrangements! The butlers were quick to come and say hello and offered us tea and snacks daily without fail. :)

Thank you to the butlers for coming in with the surprise birthday cake arranged and it was a sweet touch by the hotel! We didn't managed to finish the cake and left it with the butlers and will collect it upon our departure.

Breakfast at Viu was sumptuous despite the busy crowd, we didn't have to wait very long before we got a table. Food was aplenty with wide variety of choices to spoil our tastebuds. You have to visit the Elemis Spa if you stay there and the swimming pool! The Decanter Service in the evenings were great if you can drink, they make great suggestions to the variety of drinks offered! The staff all were very knowledgeable on the selection of wines offered.

Upon departure, we called to ask for our cake that we left with the Butlers but to our surprised, the butlers called back to reconfirm on this. It took a while before they brought up and to my surprise, its not the same cake as to what I was presented. Instead, it was a piece! So the butlers went back and search for the "missing cake". We got another call and they mentioned they will have prepare a brand new one and by the time, we were already due to check out at 1600hrs. The two butlers rushed down and presented a new cake for us to take away! That was truly "service" and they sent us upon our departure.

We will definitely returned on our next stay!

Room Tip: If you are a platinum member, try to book on this suite 2025 and you will love it! If you are a fi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chrissing

Dear Chrissing,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to The St. Regis Bangkok and for having taken the time to write about your experience on tripadvisor.com, your review is invaluable and detailed feedback to us and for Tripadvisor followers, and I am sure they will much appreciate your review.

We are indeed very privileged to have passionate individual like David, who is very dedicated and professional in what they do. Your comment meant a lot to us, David would like to join me to thank you for your generous comment in recognizing their efforts.

Please stay in touch and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to your second home in Bangkok in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my first visit to the St. Regis brand of hotels and it was a fabulous experience. The rooms are extremely comfortable, the food was fantastic in spite of being a vegetarian. We had a few meetings and the arrangements were very well done. All in all was a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Natarajan_Sankar,

Please allow me to express my gratitude for sharing your thoughts on the experience you received at “The Best Address” in Bangkok – The St. Regis.

Thank you for praising our fabulous guestrooms, high quality food and meeting service, your comments have indeed made our day a lot more special!

On behalf of my team, I would like to invite you to experience our hotel once again, and give us a chance to pamper you in near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

if this place wasn't the St regis, i would have rated it average. but because it is the St. regis where u expect the very best, i must say it failed miserably. me and my friend decided to check in for a night stay and everything went wrong from the moment i drove into the car park. the carpark is quite dangerous. the ramp is too high and is a cause for concern. hotel guests are designated to park on the 6th floor of the buildings (priority is given to the residents), so there was a lot of going up. elevators are so ordinary, u would have thought u r in a commercial building.
service is very indifferent. i mean they look nice and tidy, but at the same time quite crude and unfriendly.
the room itself is tiny and sparsely decorated. the worst part was the bathroom. i felt there was a lot of void in the space. toiletries were basic and weren't nicely wrapped nor presented. there's no coffee or tea making facilities in the room. the air con was difficult to operate.
we had 3 meals, 2 michelin starred dinner, breakfast and lunch at the hotel, none was memorable but in the bad way. the cutlery were too small to be comfortably handled. the service in the restaurant was so pathetic. i asked for a drink menu 4 times before it arrived. and don't bother about asking for ice, it will come after ur dessert.
after our dinner, we went to the pool to walk around, there was a pile of vomit on the floor. obviously they didn't tend to the pool area very well. this could be bad incase a guest needed an emergency help. the pool does have a nice view of the race course, but it is very small. in the morning, it gets busy. the gym is functional.
breakfast wasn't too bad, but the coffee wasn't at all good. it's rare that i didn't finish my cup of coffee in the morning. usually i have several.
i would never return to this hotel for a night stay, nor for meals. i probably wouldn't recommend it to friends either. but u should try it for urself and u might feel different to what i did.

Room Tip: get the room facing the pool and the race course away from the elevator. u can hear noisy guests as...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank banjapat
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear banjapat,

Despite being truly saddened while reading your review, please allow me to thank you for putting the effort into writing such a comprehensive feedback on your less than satisfactory experience at St. Regis Bangkok.

I regret to hear of the challenges encountered in regards to service you have not found fitting for a hotel of St. Regis caliber. Admittedly, the reputation of our brand as well as its legacy place grand expectations before us, however, it is solely our responsibility to achieve those and exceed your expectations as our valuable guest. I am awfully sorry to hear you have found the security level of our car park to be inadequate, as well as the design of our elevators, presentation of amenities and toiletries, and most upsettingly, the friendliness of our staff. Nevertheless, please rest assured that your comments are not falling on deaf ears and that all departments concerned are investigating the events that led to a delay in restaurant service and imprompt maintenance of the pool area.

I do realize we are unable to go back in time and create an extraordinary, memorable experience instead; however, we seriously value your vast travel experience and refined taste when it comes to hospitality and would be more than grateful if you would contact me directly and discuss the issues you kindly brought up, and help us avoid similar occurrences from happening in the future. Having said that, please feel free to reach out to me should you desire to address the abovementioned concerns at any point in time.

In the meantime, I wish you well in your future endeavors and remain hopeful you will decide to give our hospitality a second chance.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I visited Bangkok with my husband from 29 September to 2 October for a holiday and stayed at St Regis Bangkok. The location of the hotel is very good, adjacent to a BTS station next to Siam. It needed less than 30 minutes to go to the airport. The design of the hotel is modern and spacious. We booked a grand deluxe room which should be more than 30 metres in size, having two double beds and a large bathroom. My room had a great view overlooking a sports centre. The facilities there are also good. As for the service, the staff were nice, polite and helpful. They provided room service twice a day, and prepared some Thai snacks for its guests in the evening. But, there are still rooms for improvement. First, the hotel did not provide tea bags and coffee for its guests. Second, the hotel has wifi, but not open to its guests free of charge. These are considered essential and basic things available at other 5-star hotels, but not at St Regis Bangkok. I called the operator, but she only "informed" me that my package did not include free wifi. It had caused much inconvenient to me and my husband.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CY7275,

Please accept my sincere gratitude for both kind words and some rather constructive criticism expressed in your comment you kindly decided to share here on Tripadvisor.

It delights me to hear you have appreciated the dashing views stretching from our spacious rooms, unique location and vicinity to the major shopping district, and the affability of our ever-smiling staff.

Nevertheless, I am grateful you have also took the liberty to bring up a few points you could see us improving at and made indirect suggestions on how to enhance our service. Our Butlers love preparing tea and coffee for our guests, however, should you prefer to have the tea bags at your convenience 24 hours a day and decide to visit us in the future, I would be more than happy to create that arrangement for you.

In regards to your comment concerning the charges applied for the internet package, I truly regret to hear it has caused inconvenience to you and your husband, as well as that your needs were not anticipated by a member of our staff.

Nevertheless, I remain hopeful you will decide to give our hospitality a second chance on your future visit to The City of Angels. Should you decide to do so, please feel free to reach out to me directly as I would love to be able to personally cater to your needs and wants.

Director of Room

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Room quality was really good, except the smoking floor as there is an evident smell in the entire floor. The staff is very courteous and helpful. It is connected to the sky train and that is a great advantage.

Room Tip: Do not take a smoking room if you can avoid it. The entire floor has a smell.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear adityaagarwal85,

Thank you for taking the time to share your exceptional experience with fellow travelers on such a powerful social tool that Trip Advisor happens to be.

Your support to what we do here at St. Regis Bangkok is highly appreciated and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you in the future. Nevertheless, in order to enhance your experience should you decide to give our hospitality another chance, I would be more than happy to update your profile and match it with your non-smoking preference.

Thank you once again for your support and placing your trust in our hospitality, I wish you an exceptional day ahead!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This trip was supposed to be a surprise for my husband as it was an early wedding anniversary celebration for both of us, but it turned out to be a surprise for both my husband and myself!

I initially booked through Booking.Com for the 2nights stay but as I want to have some surprise preparation for my husband, I called St Regis directly. However, I received some bad remarks from the staff and ended up having to email Samuel, the Director of Rooms directly. He assured my worries and replies to my emails were prompt. As we were leaving on a 9pm flight, he gave me a complimentary late check-out which made it just nice for me to spend extra quality time in BKK and to catch my flight.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by David Leung, the Front Desk Manager. I was told that Samuel had informed him of my arrival. It was a pleasant meeting. St Regis gave me an upgrade to the Metropolitan Suite Bedroom as part of a surprise for my husband and myself! I was speechless and really happy with the extra kind gesture and hospitality given towards us.

Location is thumbs-up! Just a bridgelink and 1 stop away from Siam and 2 stops away from MBK. What can you even find fault with? Nothing!

The service from them - speechless.
Personal butler service 24hrs - speechless
Location - Speechless

I have never feel so relax in a hotel before, St Regis is the first! My husband thinks so too!

I will definitely book St Regis everytime I travel to BKK.

Thank you St Regis once again, for making my stay so memorable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fang8989

Dear Fang8989,

Thank you for your comment full of kind words expressed on behalf of our service and hospitality you received during your recent stay at St .Regis Bangkok!

It delights me to hear such a simple gesture of being greeted upon arrival by David Leung and assigned a spacious Metropolitan Suite has set the ground for what turned out to an exceptional vacation in The Land of Smiles.

I am truly flattered to have you name our signature Butler Service, unique “Address” and friendly smiles of our staff as “speechless”, as that happen to be the exact reaction we aim to achieve with our guests.

In the meantime, my team and I remain hopeful your next travels to Bangkok will follow in near future, and please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly once again on your next visit.