“Amazing service and courtesy”

Ranked #17 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Amazing service and courtesy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Room quality was really good, except the smoking floor as there is an evident smell in the entire floor. The staff is very courteous and helpful. It is connected to the sky train and that is a great advantage.

Room Tip: Do not take a smoking room if you can avoid it. The entire floor has a smell.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear adityaagarwal85,

Thank you for taking the time to share your exceptional experience with fellow travelers on such a powerful social tool that Trip Advisor happens to be.

Your support to what we do here at St. Regis Bangkok is highly appreciated and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you in the future. Nevertheless, in order to enhance your experience should you decide to give our hospitality another chance, I would be more than happy to update your profile and match it with your non-smoking preference.

Thank you once again for your support and placing your trust in our hospitality, I wish you an exceptional day ahead!

The St. Regis Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

This trip was supposed to be a surprise for my husband as it was an early wedding anniversary celebration for both of us, but it turned out to be a surprise for both my husband and myself!

I initially booked through Booking.Com for the 2nights stay but as I want to have some surprise preparation for my husband, I called St Regis directly. However, I received some bad remarks from the staff and ended up having to email Samuel, the Director of Rooms directly. He assured my worries and replies to my emails were prompt. As we were leaving on a 9pm flight, he gave me a complimentary late check-out which made it just nice for me to spend extra quality time in BKK and to catch my flight.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by David Leung, the Front Desk Manager. I was told that Samuel had informed him of my arrival. It was a pleasant meeting. St Regis gave me an upgrade to the Metropolitan Suite Bedroom as part of a surprise for my husband and myself! I was speechless and really happy with the extra kind gesture and hospitality given towards us.

Location is thumbs-up! Just a bridgelink and 1 stop away from Siam and 2 stops away from MBK. What can you even find fault with? Nothing!

The service from them - speechless.
Personal butler service 24hrs - speechless
Location - Speechless

I have never feel so relax in a hotel before, St Regis is the first! My husband thinks so too!

I will definitely book St Regis everytime I travel to BKK.

Thank you St Regis once again, for making my stay so memorable.

1 Thank Fang8989
Dear Fang8989,

Thank you for your comment full of kind words expressed on behalf of our service and hospitality you received during your recent stay at St .Regis Bangkok!

It delights me to hear such a simple gesture of being greeted upon arrival by David Leung and assigned a spacious Metropolitan Suite has set the ground for what turned out to an exceptional vacation in The Land of Smiles.

I am truly flattered to have you name our signature Butler Service, unique “Address” and friendly smiles of our staff as “speechless”, as that happen to be the exact reaction we aim to achieve with our guests.

In the meantime, my team and I remain hopeful your next travels to Bangkok will follow in near future, and please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly once again on your next visit.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Before arriving, I have consulted for special 'surprise' for my wife's birthday.

The result they did was more than my expectation.

Upon check-in, they have shown 2 different suit-rooms for my upgrade options as an spg Platinum member.

I asked them to hang my wife's dresses. But before that, they pressed those.

One night before it, I have just asked the staff to prepare the champaign (that I brought by myself) to be chilled to have a party with friends. They did it of course, besides, some snacks and chocolate were also prepared.

Their service is one step ahead what I expected.

In the next special occasion, I will prefer St Regis Bangkok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kei_BKK
Dear Kei_BKK,

Allow me to express my gratitude for doing us the honor of arranging your very special day and the opportunity to make your important occasion that extra special! At St. Regis Bangkok, we love being given the encouragement to create lasting, memorable experiences for our valuable guests, and it gives me great pleasure to hear we have managed to exceed your expectations on your recent visit to the City of Angels.

It makes me proud to hear my team has gone the extra mile in making your and your wife’s special occasion as memorable as it gets, and have done justice to the rich St. Regis legacy.

Thank you once again for placing your trust into our hospitality and taking the time to express your appreciation of our efforts to make your stay extraordinary. Should you require any arrangements in the future, my Butler team and I remain at your full disposal.

Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This is by far my best experience on a SPG property. The hotel locates right off of BTS train station (1 station from Siam). It's very convenient. We decide to take airport express train + BTS instead of taxi. From our experience in Bangkok, airport/hotel taxi seems to take advantage of tourists quite a bit. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to the metropolitan suite. Unfortunately, the room was not ready due to the precious guest was also a platinum member with late check out, we were offered a complementary tea set while we wait (about an hr). The tea set was amazing, it was on par with the one we had at the Ritz in London. The staff at the St Regis was the real difference on setting this property apart. They went the extra mile to make reservations for dinners and shows. (The show wasn't available to make more than 2 days advance, so they had to call back next morning to reserve). They also brought us recommendation on restaurant with full menu print out for us to review! I would recommend them to anyone traveling to Bangkok!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Kevin Y
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Kevin Y,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to write such a descriptive review full of kind words in regards to the hospitality we provide here at St. Regis Bangkok.

It gives me nothing but joy to hear we have provided you with the “best experience on an SPG property”, and to learn you found our Afternoon Tea set to be at the same level as the one in one of the best properties in the world. Also, my team and I are flattered to hear we have reached our goal of making our service stand out and go extra mile in exceeding your expectations.

In the meantime, we remain hopeful we will get the chance to welcome you in not so distant future!

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

WOW! What a wonderful experience this past week.The facilities are absolutely first class and the staff are just amazing...without exception. The staff make you feel welcome in a relaxed, friendly, courteous manner and without being intrusive at all, always respecting your personal space. But it would only take a brief glance and we could be waited on 'hand and foot'. My wife and I actually felt like we were special guests...yet we are just ordinary people. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: We overlooked the park which was awesome...and you could see the stunning sunsets inthe evening.
1 Thank Paul_0f_Sydney
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Paul_of_Sydney,

It gives me particular delight to share your comment with my team, as the words expressed in your review illustrate all of our efforts towards making our guests feel special and sharing some of their most valuable, lasting memories that are being created here in Bangkok, Thailand.

Experiences like yours and appreciation of our greatest asset – our friendly, affable staff makes our job worthwhile, and drives us to deliver bigger and better each day.
Thank you for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers, it really does mean the world to us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located directly connected with the BTS, very convenience. Food are good especially they have a big cake afternoon tea on Sunday, yummy and sweet. Room size is big and spacey. They also come with Butler services offer you 24hrs free coffee and tea. Good choice and nice view! Recommend to all business or leisure travellers.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank DashMen
Dear David L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your exceptional experience at St. Regis Bangkok with fellow travelers, my team and I are indeed flattered to read your kind comment!

I am delighted to hear you have appreciated the unique connectivity of our hotel to the BTS, plentiful variety of cakes at our Sweet Afternoons, as well as the spacious guestrooms and signature Butler Service.

We are undoubtedly looking forward to welcoming you in near future and having the chance to showcase our hospitality once again.

Sincerely.

The St . Regis Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

The beyond expectation personal service provided within this hotel is simply second to none. You won't find a better hotel experience in Bangkok let alone the whole of Thailand... Pure 5 star luxury and attention to detail made every second of our stay in this amazing hotel an absolute joy.

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay so perfect and personalised, whether it be Jovana at the front desk personally arranging our days out with tons of local knowledge and such friendly service... or Julius in the restaurant personally learning our specific breakfast order right down to how we liked our eggs and coffee.... or Ann and the cocktail chefs at the Bar hand-making us unique amazing cocktails each night after dinner... We were simply blown away by the amazingly attentive and friendly staff. Chef Bastian and his team served up some of the most amazing dishes we had anywhere in Thailand - and we didn't even have to leave the Hotel!
The pool, the gym, the staff, the rooms, the food, the cocktails... everything exceeded our expectations - After several trips to Thailand we now simply can't look past St Regis when we're in BKK, it was for us the perfect hotel experience.

3 Thank MattandJessAbroad
Dear MattAndJessAbroad,

I hope this reply finds you well after having safely reached the European soil and endeavored into another exciting adventure of yours!

Your one month long stay at the St. Regis Bangkok has undoubtedly made you a part of our big family, as you have selflessly shared a number of memorable, lasting experiences with our staff and made our job truly delightful and worthwhile. Thank you for recognizing each and every exceptional individual who have contributed to making your visit to The City of Angels unforgettable, and please rest assured we, as a team, are well aware of their value in making St. Regis the “Best Address” in town. Jovana, Julius, An, Bastian and the entire collective of St. Regis Bangkok would like to express their gratitude for allowing us to be a part of your Thai experience and welcome you with our hospitality, at the same time saluting you for your ever-friendly attitude and appreciation of the exceptional service we constantly aim to provide to our valuable guests.

In the meantime, we remain hopeful this is not the last time our paths have crossed, and that we will get another chance to both pamper you and enjoy in your indisputable talent.

Should there be anything we can do for you until your next visit to St. Regis Bangkok, my team and I would be more than happy to personally assist you.