“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Bundaberg, Australia
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

we had a 2 bedroom suite - impeccable and 24/7 excellent butler service. From check in to check out a very personal and caring experience with very enjoyable facilities as pool and gym. Great location with direct access to Bangkok's inner city rail system made it easy to explore Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hfb2013
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear hfb2013,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback posted on TripAdvisor. Your kind notes about the impressive of personalized service delivered by our staff and found that our facilities enhance this stay more enjoyable throughout your stay. It is very important to me to learn that what you experienced is what we would really hope all our guest experience in order to establish and position the St. Regis Bangkok as a very successful and desirable hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Bangkok soon.

The St. Regis Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed for two nights and this is my second stay at this hotel. They have included a jap restaurant on the ground floor.

i) Service. Poor for this hotel grade standard. I stayed in a caroline astor suite. Upon checking in, no one show me to my room. It took me a while to look for it as it was on the corner end with a big exit sign next to the door. Butler did not show up to introduce himself. No welcome fruits, bedroom air conditional was not on and i have to search up and down for the switch.

ii) Spa. Not up to standard. Took a 3+hour spa package that include the facial portion as they are supposed to be known for it, Very ordinary, moderate.

iii) Check out. It took over 20 mins for me to check out. There are two big group there, i think one is asking after for pricing. After waiting for 20mins, no one help me with my bag and i need to carry it down myself.

iv) Slippers. I do not know why there is no ladies slippers in the bathroom. They only have men and kids. The men slipper is so big and the kids so small. Does that mean ladies cannot stay in this hotel?

Overall, this is a below standard st regis hotel. The hardware is there, rooms are ok. But service is really below par. If you want better service, four seasons next door might be a better choice. I certainly hope they can improve on their service.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Candice_ht33

First of all thank you for your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the disappointing experience you had at The St. Regis Bangkok. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies regarding the performance of our staff at check-in, delayed check-out process as well as the service shortfalls you have experienced while staying with us.

I have had the opportunity to delve into some of the other challenges in services that you outlined and have brought your experience to the attention of the appropriate departmental managers as well.

I do hope, that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and please feel free to contact me so that I may personally assist you with any needs you might have.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for a leisure trip and everything there were superb!

Location is extremely convenient, skytrain station (BTS) is connected with hotel by a bridge on 2 floor, walking was just less than 2 minutes!

The room was spacious and elegantly decorated. Service was excellent, everyone there was nice, welcoming and details attentive. Butler service was a highlight maximizing its luxurious!

Pool is a great location for relaxing and SUNTANNING! of course the view cannot compare with those resort in other areas in Thailand (Pattaya, Puket), but what more you can ask for from inside the heart of busy Bangkok city? Suggestion, better go there after 12nn because sunshine was blocked by the east side of building itself during morning time.

My first choice of hotel in Bangkok, definitely!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank mandilababy
Dear mandilababy,

We would like to thank you for providing us an excellent comment. It is a real pleasure to know that you found The St. Regis Bangkok to be your first choice to now stay in Bangkok, and of course, the best location. Your praise on the quality of service is certainly the most important compliment to us.

We are delighted to hear that you appreciated your rooms, and also you found the staff not only welcoming, but attentive to details. This is to show that genuine interest in going beyond what is normally expected. Please ensure that your great comment will be definitely shared with all of our staff.

We look forward to seeing you very soon!

Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stay 2 nights and the location is very convienent with direct path to BTS. The room is nice and spacious. We enjoy the tea buffet in the hotel and there is a lot variety. Since we have to sit outside the restaurant and the waitress is not serving very good. We have to wait for quite a while before we can get the table setting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Cathk,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback during your recent stay with us. We are glad to read that your room décor met with your expectations.

We are fortunate to be very conveniently located in the heart of Bangkok and well connected to BTS, the fastest way in travelling during rush hour in the city.

It is also a great pleasure to know that you had enjoyed our dining afternoon tea experience at The St. Regis Bar & The Drawing Room. However, I am deeply sorry regarding the delayed service provided in the restaurant.

We hope to have the occasion of welcoming you back in a not too distant future, and I look forward to seeing you at that time.

Beverly Hills, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night with a friends and family rate. If I had paid full price I probably would have been more annoyed. Checkin was smooth. We were early but they accomodated. Gym was great altho it had just been paintedor something because it smelled like chemicals and was rather headache inducing. Pool was awesome. Breakfast was amazing. At checkout however there were some issues. As a starwood gold member they offered a free pressing for 4 items. I gave them 3 shirts and a pair of pants.

At checkout there was a laundry charge for 3 additional items (3 shirts and 4 pants...I didn't even bring 4 pairs of pants with me). I explained this to them and they showed me the slio. The butler wrote 1 and the person who received the laundry wrote 1 but their 1 looked like a 4. I pointed this out but they refused to believe me. I waited 30minutes for it to be straightened out mmaking me late for the airport. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

Otherwise would recommend though you can find better values in Bangkok

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Elitaste
Dear Elitaste

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor and your recent stay with us. I am very much value your opinion and your observations as a loyal Starwood guest. Thus we appreciate each word and have shared your comments with our team. We pride ourselves on our exceptional service and are surprised you did not experience that completely.

Moreover, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered especially laundry issue which delayed your departure plan. We would like to ensure that every guest experience is seamless and flawless so we have shared your experience with respective management to ensure that this will not happen again. We hope you give us another chance to create a memorable visit in the near future.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

There is no place like it ! A must stay !! Service is the best, the food and pool spa! A vacation in itself never had to leave property! The bonus is the butler service ! The rooms are a great size and bathroom tub oversized

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank kkmom5
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear kkmom5,

Please allow me to thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor, they have certainly made our day that extra meaningful!

It is a pleasure indeed to hear we have managed to reach the level of service so high you “never had to leave” St. Regis, and are flattered you have appreciated our signature Butler Service, as well as the spacious room and bathroom.

In the meantime, we remain hopeful we will get the chance to welcome you in near future!

Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip, and I have been told that this hotel is known for their butler service. Indeed, they have exceeded my expectations of a butler. It wasn't just for concierge services at the lobby and reception, i discovered that the butler service was excellent luxury up to your room! They polish your shoes without being asked, they fold your clothes, refill all bathroom toiletries, etc...
I think this is the best luxury hotel in Bangkok, and I like this place so much, with their warm and friendly staff, complete amentities, convenient location, and all the luxury you can think of.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Blossom A,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to The St. Regis Bangkok and for having taken the time to write about your experience on tripadvisor.com

Your lovely comments have been share with the team. We are glad that you not only satisfy with our facilities of our hotel but also the service aspect of your stay. Once again, thank you very much for your support and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming your back to the “best address” – The St. Regis Bangkok on many more occasions in future.