Excellent stay with my wife in May 2013 for 3 nights. I'm a regular visitor to Bangkok and can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Prior to this stay, I have stayed at the Intercontinental and the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit hotels on many many occasions. The St. Regis is superior to both of these options across all areas. The pool area is one of the highlights and provides a much needed escape from the sweltering Bangkok heat. Also, the St. Regis residences available for purchase (upper floors of hotel) would be a worthy contender for anyone considering permanent relocation to Bangkok.
- Opulent new rooms with beautiful, functional, fit out.
- Amazing tea menu (very much appreciated by my wife).
- Very professional team with impeccable english.
- Spectacular views of the Bangkok sports club.
- Refreshing infinity pool with very private sun lounge configuration.
- Very good gym (up to 40 KG dumbbells from memory).
- Butler service.
- Housemade iced tea and cocktails at the pool bar are delicious.
- Extensive, well selected wine menu (ask for the full wine menu at the pool bar - Cloudy Bay = 6900++).
Please note: the improvements mentioned below are provided as guidance to the hotel, in the interest of further improving the experience and in no way derogate from the overall outstanding experience provided by St. Regis Bangkok.
- Room service portion sizes were well below the size offered by comparable hotels in Thailand (particularly considering that both my wife and I consume relatively small portions) - improvement required.
- The beer menu is very poor for hotels of this calibre (three beers on the menu were not available) - improvement and additional selection required as soon as possible.
- Wi-fi should be included in the price of room (SPG members at minimum) - Starwood issue, not isolated to St. Regis.
- Long stay rates for returning customers - Attempted to book a 14 night stay in Feb 2014, however, was advised that long stay rates are not available at this hotel - will likely be reverting to Intercontinental again this time.
Recommendations for travellers:
- Direct your taxi to the Four Seasons Hotel (located next door) then as you approach advise the driver to proceed to the next hotel (St. Regis is a new brand in Thailand and relatively unknown to taxi drivers).
- Check out Nara @ Siam Central and the food court in Siam Paragon.
- The upper level of Siam Central houses gourmet market liquor store providing an extensive selection of wine and beer available for purchase (over $3K baht = free delivery)
- Use the BTS
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The magnificent St. Regis Hotel is a paean to timeless elegance, stately situated in Bangkok's most coveted address along Rajadamri Road, the city's key commercial corridor where major corporations and elite financial institutions make their home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The St. Regis Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bangkok Hotel Bangkok