“Downtown lux”

Ranked #13 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very nice place, lovely rooms - although to some it may be an acquired taste - butler service very nice, good location. Cannot fault anything, although the prices are not cheap, when seen against other options in bangkok. Great pool area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear chrisskou,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your pleasant experience at The St. Regis Bangkok! Your comments are highly appreciated, and we are delighted to hear that you have “nothing to fault”, at the same time kindly recommending our hotel to fellow travelers.

It makes me very happy that you have not only appreciated our rooms, but also the bespoke service provided by our Butler Service Desk, helping us justify the title of “best address” in Bangkok. Should you require any special arrangements in the future, I would be more than happy to assist you.

We are looking forward to spoiling you on your next visit to Bangkok!

The St. Regis Bangkok

Write a ReviewReviews (2,286)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

BOOKING : Professional and prompt replies via email. Even emailed useful info prior to stay, along with check-in reminder. Check-in was done comfortably seated with welcome drink

LOCATION: You can choose to walk along main shopping streets along Central Mall, take cab, tuk tuk or BTS. Pretty near the famous "Four Sided Buddha", together with other upscale hotels.

ROOM: Spacious and your butler gives you a personal tour - ours was a nice lady whose name was pronounced "Minlee". Room was spacious and tasteful, with two Queen beds, sofa, coffee table, work desk etc. Beds divine! The only small issue I faced was there was a nagging ceiling light that stayed on though we managed switch the others off. So it was a little glaring into my eyes and as it was late at night with the rest asleep, I didn't wish trouble our butler We did ask in the morning and she agreed the lighting controls can be a little tricky.

SERVICE: Check-in staff showed us to our room and there was a cleaning cloth accidentally left behind. The staff promptly removed the towel and apologised profusely. Minutes later, 3 ladies came to our door including Tunyawan (Exec Housekeeper) and Janet Teo (Chief Butler) to personally apologise and present us with welcome fruits and chocolates. To show their sincerity, they even ordered the best tea set for us, on the house. What impressed us most was they told us they take full responsibility for what happened. To us, it was just a small little glitch, but to them, they take it seriously to maintain high standards.

FOOD: Breakfast was one of the finest, with variety of fresh juices, wide array of breads and pastries, even bircher muesli, along with local Thai delights. Wait staff were prompt with clearing plates. Only thing was there was a particular waiter who came up to us midway and asked us to settle breakfast bill. We told him ours as included in our room rate. He didn't seem to understand as he returned minutes later with the bill again.

OVERALL: Stay was very pleasant and staff were of fine quality. Our butler was always eager to help and also assisted us to check-out, coordinate with our driver and bade us farewell. You really can't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Orbidtank,

Allow me to express my gratitude for such kind words and a rather comprehensive review on your experience at The St. Regis Bangkok!

Your comments have been shared with the rest of my team who are delighted to hear we have managed to exceed your expectations during your stay at our hotel. “Serious on service” – you said it all yourself, because at The St. Regis Bangkok, we are fully dedicated to creating memorable experiences to our guests and ensuring guests are being dealt with in nothing short of professional manner! Ms. Tunyawan and Janet are great assets to The St. Regis Bangkok and I am honored to have them on my team, at the same time being happy that you have also recognized their passion for hospitality!

I am flattered to hear that you have not only appreciated our spacious rooms and heavenly beds, but also the attentive service by our butlers, freshness of our breakfast buffet, and the sincerity of our staff.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you again, should you require any arrangements in the future, I would be happy to personally assist you.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed two nights at this property as the location is very convenient (directly connected to the BTS and lots of taxis waiting to bring you around) and because it is one of the newer 5 star hotels in town. As you arrive you are greeted by the friendly staff and the ground floor has a very relaxing ambiance when you enter. The lobby is on the 12th floor and the reception area was very intimate and each guest is seated for check-in in front of individual desks. The staff is very polite as well as professional and is helpful with any requests I had. We were upgraded to the Metropolitan Suite which is a luxuriously appointed room with a big living room, bed room and huge bathroom. The room exudes a relaxing atmosphere and the layout is very well thought out. The bed was extremely comfortable and allowed for a good nights sleep. The best feature of the room however was the rain shower. It was magnificent and is one of the best showers I have had for years. The shower head was huge and the water pressure perfect. It is more than big enough for two people to share. It really is a very memorable feature of the hotel .
WiFi was quick and easy to use which is expected from an establishment bearing the St. Regis name. The only downside was that the room did not have a view at all. The bedroom faced a terrible apartment block and if the curtains are not drawn they can look in to the room. The living room faced another room of the hotel and the swimming pool of that apartment block mentioned earlier and also meant that you had no privacy if the curtain was not drawn. The sofa whilst nice looking was just too soft and did not really give a comfortable feeling when sitting down.
One of the better points though was the F&B. The breakfast was of high quality and the service was friendly and efficient. The spread included a good mix of Western and Asian delights and the choice was very diverse. Room service was also prompt and efficient with good quality of food served. The menu was quite extensive and the prices were fair in comparison to other hotels in the same category.
All in all I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again when I visit Bangkok the next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jetsetlife888
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear jetsetlife888,

Allow me to express my gratitude for what is one of the most comprehensive reviews I have seen on Trip Advisor! Your lovely words on the memorable experience you had at The St. Regis Bangkok have been shared with my team who are ecstatic to have achieved their aim in making our guests feel like home!

I am beyond thrilled to hear that you hear that you have not only appreciated our spacious, carefully designed Metropolitan Suite and other hotel facilities, but also the friendly smiles you were greeted by whenever passing through the hotel and the efficient service at VIU and private dining.

Making our valuable guests’ stay a unique experience is our specialty, and we are delighted to hear you have been pampered throughout your stay, as well as having each of your requests come true.

We are indeed looking forward to welcoming you in near future (and having you experience that fabulous rain shower of ours again!), should you require any arrangements in the future, I would be happy to personally assist you.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed twice in the last few weeks, having been previously just after they opened about 2 years ago. Now that the hotel is established and running, it is more lively, however the high standards of service remain (except for teh butler service which is non existent). We stayed in a Caroline Astor Suite, which offers great views over the Golf Course. The rooms and hotel is beautifully furnished.
Breakfast can get a little crowded, however they offer a great concept of "roaming through the kitchen" with the buffet being spread out.
During both stays, I have not met/seen our butler at all - were different to my previous visit or other St Regis hotels, where usually the butler appears within minutes of your arrival for introduction and to see if anything is required. That’s the only area that really requires attention and improvement, i.e. if you offer a butler service, make sure its visible, at the moment its a standard "guest services" ladled as butler service.

Room Tip: Astor Suites offer great space and views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear STEPDI,

Allow me to thank you for the kind words, but also a rather constructive criticism expressed in your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments have been shared with the rest of my team, who are very grateful for the feedback.

At the St. Regis Bangkok, we constantly strive towards providing our guests with memorable experiences and bespoke service, and are glad to hear we have left quite an impression on you!

Furthermore, I am sorry to hear you did not find the Butler Service to be visible enough, I assure you that this is not the standard we aim for. Should you decide to stay with us in the future, I would be happy to personally assist you and ensure you get the service you deserve.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The warm early morning welcome at the hotel after a sleepless night on a flight makes sure that you are in for a pleasant stay at the hotel. The staff was attentive and helpful, the butler service excellent and one could see only smiling faces around you. A special mention for the Concierge as well as the staff at Breakfast not to mention the great sumptious breakfast. A must visit is to their Restaurant Zuma. A perfect choice whilst visiting Bangkok for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the Golf course.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear GuluJ,

Thank you for such kind words, we indeed do feel flattered while reading your comments! Just as you said, at The St. Regis Bangkok we are all about smiles and providing uncompromising service to our valuable guests, and it makes me very happy to hear we have made your stay in Thailand that much better!

The Concierge and VIU team would like to express their gratitude for your comments, and are along with the rest of my team looking forward to welcoming you in the future.

Should you require personal assistance or any arrangements on your future stays in Bangkok, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I returned for one night stay after my pleasant experience last year when the hotel was newly opened. This time, I cannot understand how quickly the standard of this hotel became so mediocre. Perhaps my great ratings last year were wrong bcs this time has to do with the design of the room itself. They managed to lose my luggage and was delivered to a wrong room over a 5 hours period. I went to the floor manager and blasted for its return. The lobby smells so bad, perhaps they cleaned the carpet and left it dry by itself? Damp and moldy smelling should not happen at St. Regis. The room's toilet didn't have ventilation, shower door's design is ridiculous because the water would leak out to the floor which made the whole toilet floor wet unless you purposely put towels on the ground. And as the door opens outwards, you would sweep the towel away. I don't know if I am being anal but this really bothered me. The room was a smoking room but no ashtrays were available. There was a ipod charging attachment with music player hooked to the tv but it didn't work. Jacob Jenson alarm clock was so tiny that cannot tell time. I stayed on the 16th floor which luckily was able to connect to the free wifi offered on the 15th but you must have the logon done downstairs otherwise will access you room's router which will cost you. Overall, the room was not clean, I found hair on the floor as I just checked into the room. Windows were stained with the last customer's facial grease, so was some of the glass shower doors. The air-con was really impossible, it was either too hot or too cold, the constant temp control just don't work and I ended up freezing myself. I would definately not go there again.

Room Tip: choose a higher floor, there are always road works which happens at night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear aewiys,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at The St. Regis Bangkok and provide us with some constructive criticism which will certainly aid us in enhancing our service.

At The St. Regis Bangkok, we constantly strive towards delivering flawless service and exceeding guests’ expectations, and it saddens me to hear that we have fell short of our goal on this occasion. We take all of our guests’ comments in a rather serious manner, should you desire to discuss the inconvenience experienced in more details, please feel free to reach me directly at Samuel.Wong@Stregis.com.

I look forward to hearing from you, and remain hopeful that we will get the chance to showcase the true hospitality of St Regis in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Third time at the St Regis Bangkok and still love it. The rooms are beautifully designed, exceptionally comfortable, and the service overall is very good. Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when we next return to Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear MDJ2,

Thank you for yet another lovely review on your behalf, we are indeed getting spoiled by all the kind words you have to say about The St Regis Bangkok!

My team and I are flattered to have you as our loyal guest, and are looking forward to pampering you and providing personalized service on your next visit to Bangkok.

Should you require any arrangements in the future, I would be happy to personally assist you.