2,575 results
All reviewsbutler serviceelemis spametropolitan suitecaroline astor suiteviu restaurantroyal sports clubbts stationspg platinumfour seasonspersonal butlerdirect accesserawan shrineturn down serviceluxurious hotelsiam paragongrand hyattbreakfast buffet
Reviewed February 11, 2013

A wonderful addition to the top end hotel scene in Bangkok. The location, service & especially the breakfast were excellent. However, we were unimpressed that we had to wait for our room to be available even though we checked in at 3.30pm. Drawers were still open when we entered the room, so attention to detail seems to be lacking. I'm not sure what the room size is but it felt small compared to other 5 star hotels in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Facing the Royal Bangkok Sports Club is the best view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BillyHK888
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Bill,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to The St. Regis Bangkok and provide us valuable and honest feedback on tripadvisor.com

We are delighted to learn that you like our hotel and we are honored that you find our breakfast service “excellent”. At the same time, we would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory arrival experience and your comment towards the size of our rooms. Please feel free to reach me via email at samuel.wong@stregis.com should you wish to discuss further. We would love to have you back and it would be our pleasure to serve you on your future visit in Bangkok.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I've travelled over 10 times in BK in the past few years and stay in diff hotels, this is the first bk hotel I came back by great experience.
Same as last stay in Jun 2012, we are offered complimentary afternoon tea for 2, buffet breakfast, 2 BTS travel cards.
Location :You would get annoying when you travel by taxi during BK rush hour, so hotel location is always our top consideration. St Regis has a private skywalk to BTS station just 50m walk, where Ratchadamri is just 1 station to Siam.
Services: unbeatable as always. All staffs can speak good English. We are always welcomed and greet by friendly smile. You don't have to say much but they already read your mind. Butler services is complimentary with clothes pressing service, pack and unpack service and very attentive.
Room and cleanliness: we always come back to the made up hotel room after a short leaving.
Value: similar to average 5-stars BK hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank 88lulupak88
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear 88lulupak88,

Thank you very much for writing about the experience of your recent stay at The St. Regis Bangkok. We truly appreciate your comprehensive and detailed review and we are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time with us.

Thank you very much for your support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the “best address” – The St. Regis Bangkok on many more occasions in future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

From the time we arrived till we left, we treated extremely well. The food in the restaurants were outstanding as was the breakfast (probably the best I have seen). The swimming pool is lovely (salt water) and the gym is excellent....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AjitM1
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear AjitM1,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay with us back in November.

We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with your family. Indeed, we are even more pleased to see your compliment about our breakfast, as we spent a lot of time to improve the way we deliver our breakfast experience, which we believe that a great breakfast is certainly a wonderful start of the day, and the your comment confirm that we are on the right track!

Again, appreciated your comments and please feel free to reach us again should we be of any assistance with future booking at The St Regis Bangkok.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have an opportunity to stay at St Regis since its opening in Thailand. At that time, the service is great, the butler service is unique and great. I still remember that your butler tries to make the coffee for me in my way and he said that it is his first time for this recipe. It really impresses me.

I stayed there for many times including other members of my family. We love to stay at the hotel to take a rest and change the atmosphere for taking a rest.

During the big flood in 2011, i got the special price promotion during my evacuation which I really appreciated that.

But the last time i visited there, 18 - 19 January 2013, something happen and really makes me feel scary. My mom stayed there on 18 Jan, she used the promotion from your Astor card and everything is still terrific although there is one thing strange that one of your staff at Decanter wine bar does not have a clue about the Astor card promotion about the wine. However another male staff came to cover and delivered good service to my mom.

Next day, I came to stay at the room while my mom came back home. During my time at the check in counter, although it was very busy, your staff was very great. One of your female staff could remember me and also my name which really impressed me. I checked in there quite late that night.

When I entered my room, everything seems to be going well. Your butler came, greeting and ask whether everything is alright? At that time, I did not enter the bathroom so I say everything is good. After that, I entered the bathroom and the picture that I saw was the towel was stiil in the bathtub and there were also new towel hang in there too. I really want to ask you if you were me how can you make sure that those towel were not used before?????? How can you be sure about the clenliness of the bathroom.? It is 21.00 at that time ( i have checked in around 2020) . I wondered what's wrong with your staffs? And what's wrong with this hotel ??

After that, i called the butler service and i had to wait for more than 20 minutes but still no response. I was very unhappy because i really wanted to take a shower. After 20 minutes I decided to open the door to check whether there were staffs or butlers around there or not. Luckily, the butler was there, i told him to witness with his own eyes. He said sorry and rush to take new towels set for me to make sure that they were new.

If the person who stayed at that room the night before me was not my mom, I am sure to ask for the new room or ask your staff to clean the room and the bathroom for me now. Although i know that maybe the bathtub is still not be cleaned, i can use it because the person who use it on the evening is my mom and it is 21.00 at that time, i really want to take a bath, take a rest and ave a good sleep.

But you have to imagine if you enter the new room with the towes are left on the bathub in 5 star hotel which you used to be impress and used to spend many nights before for many years??? How is your feeling????????

Although your staff is still great and your butler can cover the problem.
I still want to hear from you about this things happened.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank TinnyKuma
Samuel W, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear TinnyKuma,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us in Bangkok.

Thank you for complimenting our Butler and Front Office team on their service and recognizing their efforts. We also would like to apologize for the disappointment, and appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to follow upon your experience and to ensure our services are up to the usual St. Regis standards.

For comment regarding Decanter, it is well reviewed by our management team, rest assured that we will continue our training effort to ensure team has full understanding on their product during service delivery. I also regret to learn about your disappointment on the incident related to room cleanliness, which we are currently viewing the process with corrective action in order to avoid similar incident happen again.

TinnyKuma, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should your travel plan brings you or your mother back to our hotel, allow me to handle your experience personally. If you would like to elaborate on the recent experience, you may contact me directly at Samuel.wong@stregis.com

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was our first stay at this superb property. From the moment you arrive, it oozes luxury, class, glamour and style. The downstairs lobby drips in marble, modern chandeliers and high pile carpets over which an army of staff appears from nowhere to assis you in anyway they can. Although we were on points, we were upgraded to a full suite which displayed understated luxury at its very best throughout the lobby, lounge, bedroom and jaw dropping bathroom. The service is excellent everywhere you go. Excellent choice of restaurants, we particularly the fantastic japanese particularly the outdoor terrace with air conditionning !!! Breakfast is a fabulous experience not to be missed. The only disappointment was really an evening meal in the main dining room with slow service, average food (you dont want to find a fruitfly in your starter). But that was truly the only let down in an almost impeccable stay. The Spa is well worth a visit to and we spent a fortune on treatments but felt a million dollar after them, so it was worth it. The problem is that next time we return to Bankgok, we can only stay there as any other hotel looks shabby compare to this one !!

Room Tip: Higher floors will give you an even better view over the city
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PascalJG

Dear FrenchieInL0nd0n,

It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I am delighted you enjoyed The St. Regis experience. We are excited to receive your praise on the finishing of our hotel as well as on our associates whom we will share your comment with.

On the other hand, we value your comment regarding your dinner at Viu. We would like to apologize for the disappointment, and appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to follow upon your experience and to ensure our service are up to the usual The St. Regis standards.

Again, thank you for your great feedback and happy to hear that St Regis is “The Best Address” in Bangkok for you. We looking forward to welcoming you back soonest again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may assist with your future booking for The St. Regis Bangkok.