“The best hotel in Bangkok”

The St. Regis Bangkok
Ranked #13 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Hua Hin, Thailand
“The best hotel in Bangkok”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been staying at the St.Regis bangkok since opening in 2011and  for many times and  when i have to be in bangkok  it will be my first choice  hotel , rooms and suite are nice very clean ,the Butler service so great , the bet thing is when you have your evening cocktails at the bar with nice view of the golf club.
In general the St.Regis Bangkok is the best

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anwaralyagout
Holger_Jacobs, Director of Sales & Marketing at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear AnwarPhuket_Tha…,
Thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel and the praise given to us. We will certainly share it with the whole team.
Should you be in town on a Thursday during your next visit, please enjoy the Smooth Thursday Grooves at The St. Regis Bar from 7-10pm. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the past weekend for vacation. I have booked a Grand Deluxe Room, and since I was a SPG gold member, I was given a corner room (but it was not an upgrade).

As my flight arrived at Bangkok at 2am, I have arranged a hotel car to pick us up at the airport. The Mercedes S class transferred to the hotel in 30 minutes time.

I like the hotel which we were given. It was equipped with 2 double beds, and there was natural sunlight in the bathroom- bathtub and shower were placed next to a window. However, I believe my room was the only good thing for my stay as I have encountered the following issues during my stay.

1. Our room rate did not include breakfast, but my friend and I still went down to try the breakfast out of our own pocket at the Viu restaurant. We first had to wait for 5 minutes at the entrance before the waitress could seat us. This is something that should not have happend at a St Regis hotel. Also, the variety of food provided at the breakfast buffet was inadequate, and the food was actually quite poor in taste. I have stayed at W Taipei in late September, and I found the breakfast buffet there to be far superior than what was offered at this St Regis.

2. After breakfast, my friend and I went swimming. The size of the swimming pool was extremely small. The outdoor whirlpool was so very small in size. I would expect that hotel of this class should have a much larger swimming pool. After staying in the pool area for a few hours, we went back to my room at 2pm, only to find out that our room has not been cleaned. I had to call housekeeping to come clean up my room. Again, this is something that was not expected from a St Regis.

3. Guests staying at this hotel can also use the indoor whirlpool and sauna inside the Elemis spa located at the same level of the pool for free. After I used the indoor whirlpool, I have taken a shower at the Elemis spa and I found that the whole shower area was flooded afterwards, as it appears that there could be some problems with the drainage system. Again, this should not happen at a hotel of this class.

I think the advantages of this hotel are:
1. Good and comfortable decoration.
2. Good location- close to Siam Paragon and other mall.
3. Direct linkage to the BTS station.

However, I believe there are a lot of areas which this hotel needs to improve in order to qualify fully as a truly St Regis hotel. Right now, I can only consider it as a Westin or a Sheraton.

Room Tip: Request for a corner room as it is larger in size and has natural sunlight in bathroom.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank AsiaHotelExpert
Dear AsiaHotelExpert,
Thank you for your feedback and comments shared here.
We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your Grand Deluxe Room and its amenities as well as the design. Thank you also for highlighting the excellent location of our hotel and the connection to the Bangkok Skytrain Station Rajadamri via our own skybridge on the second floor.

For your breakfast experience at VIU, which was below your expectations we would like to apologize. Though we try to seat all of our guests once they arrive at the restaurant, short waiting periods might happen allowing the hostesses to walk back to the entrance of the restaurant after seating a guest. The selection of our buffet offers more than 70 different items. Please let us know of your favorites and preferences (these can be entered into your SPG profile as well) during your next stay with us and we are delighted to accommodate them.

Our swimming pool is located on the 15th floor and is 15 x 6m in size. It offers great views across the Bangkok Skyline and is located on the same floor as the gym and the Elemis Spa. It has sun lounges and day beds available as well as food and beverage service from our bar. The Elemis Spa offers access to its Relaxation Zones (across two floors) complimentary to all in house guests. These zones include Relaxation Pods, hot & cold Plunge Pools, Experience Showers, Steam Room and Rassoul Chamber. As the lower floor is generally considered a wet area, water might be on the floor after using the facilities. Should this have caused an inconvenience to you, we would like to apologize for it.

Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We arrived very early in the morning (about 9am) and did not expect our rooms to be ready. However they advised us that the hotel was very full so they had upgraded one of our rooms to a St Regis suite and it was ready now. The other room would be an hour or so.
We were very happy with this as we did not expect to get into the room until close to check in time.
To be honest I would not pay the extra for the St Regis suite. It did not have the same luxurious feel that the standard bedroom did. It had a full size fridge which as great and a nice sitting and dining area and a fantastic view but I preferred the "feel" of the rooms which are a good size.
Everyone in the hotel we had dealing with spoke excellent English (this is not always the case in Thailand). All the staff seemed very genuine and happy to be working there. Nothing was too much trouble and we felt like royalty.
The pool area is lovely.
The location of the hotel is great for shopping and we walked to all the nearby malls. However if you are feeling lazy you can get the Sky train Siam and walk back (or visa versa). The access to the hotel direct to the sky train is fantastic for getting around.
The only negative is the fact you have to get to the 12th floor then change lifts to get to your room. Not a big deal but a bit annoying.
We only had breakfast at the hotel so cannot comment on the food. Breakfast was good - not excellent as some of the offerings were cold. Go for the made to order hot food.
We will certainly return to the St Regis Bangkok in the future.
We also stayed at the St Regis Singapore and found the one in Bangkok to be far better.
For the price we paid and what we got the value was unbelievable.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the BKK sports club
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear AussieAnge,
Thank you very much for your praise of our team and their service attitude.
We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our pool and the location of the hotel with its proximity to all central shopping areas. For the disappointment in some of our hot breakfast items, we would like to apologize and have shared it with the team at VIU accordingly. We look forward to your next visit.
Mumbai
Reviewed January 18, 2013

bangkok is known for its pampering and hospitality.
But St Regis takes it to another level with butler service for tea, coffee and also for packing and unpacking.
The service is amazing and it comes with a smile.

location is fantastic and is definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear vikasmotwani,
Thank you for your recommendation and praise of our team. The whole of team is looking forward to your return.
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Airport collection:
We had booked the limousine airport transfer because travelling with my family we have a decent amount of luggage. The hotel staff was at the airport to greet us and help with the luggage. They whizzed us thru customs in a number of minutes.

Location:
Located literally a 12-15 minute walk from Central world, this is one prime location. If this wasn’t enough, St Regis 2nd floor connects directly to the Sky train which is a blessing considering the traffic in Bangkok.

Check In:
With the suite we had booked, I was expecting the check-in to be done in the suite itself; unfortunately this wasn’t the case here. Other than this, the check-in was done smoothly and efficiently. A quick copy of our passports and we were given the keys and taken to our suite.

Room:
One of the reasons for choosing this hotel was that we needed a 2-bedroom suite. I found a lot of hotels with connecting 2 rooms but surprisingly not many had a suite with 2 bedrooms. I chose the Jacob Astor Suite; 2 Bedrooms with a very nice lounge and floor to celling windows with the usual amenities like a mini bar, fridge (This suite had a proper fridge and freezer), microwave, coffee maker etc. A bit pricy but if you can digest the rate then close your eyes and book this suite. It really doesn’t get any better than this because trust me I have stayed in a lot of 2 bedroom suites. The John Jacob Astor suite is one of the biggest suites around and travelling with our 2 kids, I had made the right choice.

Service:
The Good-
What make’s Thailand a great place is its people. The hotel staff, each and everyone were extremely courteous and helpful. Even when simply passing you by they would give you a smile, which really does make you feel warm. Any and all queries were handled promptly and efficiently. Since we were travelling with 2 kids I asked our butler if she could get us milk for the kids. Since that day every day we had a fresh kettle of milk in the fridge for the kids without having to ask for it. This shows how much the hotel will do for you. In one word the service was FANTASTIC.

The Bad-
Housekeeping needs a slight improvement. On some days it wasn’t up to the mark.

Room Service:
Decent selection, average food quality but great timings with the orders.

Worth Mentioning:
Be careful of the desks in the suites, or at least in Suite # 2304. The handles are sharper than you’d think and can be dangerous for kids.

Over All:

I am quite picky when it comes to hotels but St Regis has hardly given me anything to complain about. One of the best hotels I have stayed in with exceptional service. I would choose the same hotel next time without a 2nd thought. When checking out after 20 days my wife and I were actually sad to leave. Not just this but both my 2 and 3 year old said they didn’t want to go back home. St Regis had grown on all of us but alas, every vacation must come to an end sometime.

A big thank you to all the staff at the ST Regis for the exceptional service and making us feel right at home. You will be missed ☺

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheharyar A
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Travelling with my partner we stayed with the st Regis Bangkok for 4 nights late december 2012 in an executive room.

We used hotel transfers and were meet at the gate and escorted through customs. Unnecessary as we know the airport well and were travelling business but a nice touch and very welcoming.

The hotel is located right at Rachadamri sky train station with a direct walkway to the station great convenience in the heat. It overlooks the race track and is only a couple of stops to paragon and other shopping centres by sky train.

The room was large and had great city views, excellent bed and a large bathroom that can be opened to the bedroom with sliding panels.
Tea and coffe is available FOC via a butter service as is limited pressing
Breakfast is a treat a fantastic array of food that rivals any luxury Asian hotel,
Service is very good from front desk to the FOB team
Excellent gym and swimming pool

Highly reccomend for a shopping stopover

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sydneyboys,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel shared here.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location as well as the service provided by our St. Regis Butlers.
Thank you also for the praise of our breakfast at VIU as well as the pool and gym.
We look forward to your next shopping stopover with us.
South Wales
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I would say that this is the most luxurious hotel in Bangkok, the days of the Mandarin dominating are over, very modern NEW property finished to a extremely high standard. The room was very nice, and bathroom even better, very quiet at all times. The pool area is also very nice, and finished to a high standard. breakfast was good, but can not comment on other food as we didn't try, although Zuma is located here i bet it is very good. Concierge very helpful, and the hotel restaurant manager (english) was nice to talk to recommending different things to do in and around Bangkok. another advantage of staying here is that the Skytrain stop is located directly outside the hotel, this is by far the best way of getting around Bangkok, very clean, not too busy and not expensive - Very easy to use. Would definitely return here without question.

Room Tip: High floor for great view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear EmyrOwen,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience here.
We are excited to receive your praise on the finishing of our hotel as well as on our colleagues who we will share your comments with. We agree on the advantage of our location and the accessibility of the Bangkok Skytrain System via our own bridge connecting directly to the Rajadamri Station. We look forward to welcoming you back.