Lowest prices for your stay
$145
Hotels.com$144
Priceline$144
Travelocity$144
3,055 results
All reviews butler service elemis spa metropolitan suite caroline astor suite viu restaurant butler team royal sports club bts station direct access erawan shrine breakfast buffet siam paragon central world upgraded to a suite five star hotel an upgrade upon check
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed here for roughly 4 months and this is just an awesome place. The rooms are spacious, staff is super friendly, and you are next to the train statiom - in fact there is a stop in the hotel! Compared to other hotels this is brand new and therefore much nicer than other 5* hotels in bangkok.

Date of stay: July 2012
10  Thank slussi
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We got upgraded to a really nice suite, which was lovely, and the hotel was full of hallmarks of the St Regis style and quality. However some things were lacking in my opinion. It began when we were given the key to our room, but then allowed to find our own way up from the reception. The room is full of high-tech gadgetry, but it would've been nice to be shown how it all worked (rather than spending an hour figuring it out ourselves).

There was no coffee or tea making facility in the room, which is due to St Regis insistence on a personal butler service. However this also means there's no teaspoon in the room, which would've been useful for some medicine I needed to take late one night. Similarly there was no ironing board in the room; the idea of a butler ironing our clothes for us was lovely, but we really needed to just get it done quickly, and would've been quite happy to do the job ourselves rather than wait 30 minutes for a butler-pressed shirt. All of this is designed to make your stay more enjoyable and luxurious, but somehow it comes off feeling impersonal and irritatingly inconvenient.

Each time I called the dining service, the phone rang for up to 30 seconds before anyone picked up. On two occasions no-one picked up, and I dialled again. Food is generally ok, but nothing spectacular (with the exception of Pad Thai). Breakfast is great, however, and the breakfast staff are very efficient and friendly.

Reception is on level 12, which means you have to go through two sets of elevators before reaching the street level. On the other hand, there is seamless connection to the Skytrain station, directly in front of the hotel. The pool area is nice, but nothing special.

All in all, none of this was a huge issue - I still really liked the place, but it's a shame that the above things occur. I've had much more convenient and relaxing stays for cheaper prices, which is a shame when St Regis has such a good reputation worldwide.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank urbantaz
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have read some of the indifferent comments from others and please not not get mislead, this is a great hotel. The location is good. The rooms are superb with every amenity and quite large. The food is great in ZUMA. The bar there is really cool. The pool on the 15th floor is lovely. Staff are amazing. Value-wise - we paid £115 a night and for this cost the value is superb. Italian restaurant is OK but not brilliant - don't bother. Also FYI the 4 Seasons is next door - go there for restaurants too as the food there is also great and actually quite good value. Breakfast is great.

Room tip: we stayed on 18th floor in a regular room. Very nice, but a hear the superior rooms are even better and only a bit more money so worth it.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Mark C
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We just spent three nights at the St. Regis in Bangkok, and while we'd give high marks to the hotel's location and easy link to the BTS, our stay was overshadowed by the presence of a FIFA hospitality office set up on our floor. The hotel permitted FIFA to rent out three or so adjacent hotel rooms where FIFA rolled out massive signage plus large soft drink vending machines that were visible as soon as you stepped out of the elevator. These rooms were always kept with the doors wide open so FIFA employees, also staying at the St. Regis, could swing by for drinks or, even worse, food. FIFA must have ordered trays and trays of pungent fried foods that continuously gave the floor the smell of a food stall. We were really surprised a five-star hotel would permit their rooms to be occupied in such a manner on the same floor that they have other hotel guests. I can imagine this would be fine if all FIFA guests occupied the same floor, but no, FIFA employees seemed to be staying on higher floors, just coming to ours for snacks and hydration. We spoke to the hotel staff and they're only response was to put an air purifier by the elevator. They couldn't even get FIFA to close the doors to the hospitality rooms so we had to look at the garish vending machines and signage during our entire stay.

The room was fine, if not bland, and the overall hotel lobby and bar area seemed to miss securing and charm or unique feel.

We are frequent travelers to Bangkok and even lived there for two years, so our recommendation would be to stay at the Four Seasons, Peninsula, Sukhothai or one of the city's other truly five star hotels.

3  Thank Claudio O
Holger_Jacobs, Director of Sales & Marketing at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments here. I would like to apologize for your recent experience at our hotel which was below your expectations. We have addressed the raised matter within our team and have taken the necessary precautions to prevent these events from happening again.

Please contact me personally in order to look after your booking for a future stay as we are certain to present a much improved service to you.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The best thing about this place is the location. Rooms are ok as is the service. I don't like the butler system. I'd rather have a coffee maker. I did like having my clothes pressed at no charge
But why do they insist in charging for Internet ! It is like charging for toilet paper and the service is slow.
I did not like returning to the room and after 2:30 in the afternoon and not having the room ready. So I had to wait in the lounge and wait and be overcharged for a glass of tonic water.
The saving grace was the beautiful music privided by the piano player. But why are noisy kids allowed in the bar! Four Seasons could teach this place a few things
Central World shopping center is very close and has everything you need.
I would not recommend this place to my friends.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank robert4704
Holger_Jacobs, Director of Sales & Marketing at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments shared here. We would like to apologize for the delayed cleaning time of your room and we will work on improving this matter going forward. For our St. Regis Butler Service, I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary Pressing Service which is part of our service as well as the complimentary Tea & Coffee Service. For the use of Internet, we provide stay packages inclusive of high speed internet access for our guests who require this service. Additionally, we offer complimentary internet service in our public areas.
We look forward to welcoming you back to showcase our improvements.