The St. Regis Bangkok
$230
$188
Orbitz.com
2,378 results
All reviewsbutler serviceelemis spametropolitan suiteviu restaurantcaroline astor suiteroyal sports clubbts stationspg platinumfour seasonspersonal butlerdirect accesserawan shrineturn down servicegrand hyattluxurious hotelbreakfast buffetsiam paragon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The St. Regis is an excellent hotel. The check in service was very prompt - the concierge team was excellent the whole trip. The rooms were very nice. Our room seemed to be pretty standard - very nice bedroom and excellent bathroom. Not a huge room, but very nice.
The lobby is on floor 12, so it is very secure. Just a few block walk to a main street, and very close to several train lines.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Room # 1925 was really good view , with green golf course and the city view.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2011

we heard so many bad taxi scam stories in Bangkok, so we asked concierge for a transfer and it was free, comfortable ride. They prepared suite room which was upgrade version of what I had reserved. (YAY!) Room was great, view with swimming pool and royal sports club.
Breakfast was superb, this hotel has everything who seeks for a good vacation. I was very exhausted from traveling through Madagascar, but I feel like I've rewarded here.
This hotel is newly built(one of the main reason why I chose here), very modern, but it would've been nice if it was decorated with thai-styled interior.
I've been to many spas in Bangkok, but it was just okay compare to price. I prefer to go to the oasis spa in town.(I've tried almost every menu but four hand massage is the best)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank alina1029
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed Bangkok St. regis 03AUG11 to 06AUG11.
Everything was excellent. Good service, warm smile. useful staff,
kind Personal St Regis Butler( I met 3 butlers, they all very kind)
, careful Concierge, quick e-mail feedback.
I can not remember one or two kind staff names because St. Regis bangkok
has to many kind peoples.
It was my first time satisfied stay for using SPG Hotels.
(Until lasy year I used Shangri-la hotels).
most satisfied things are careful arrangement for my one year baby.
but St .Regis hotel is No.1 luxury hotels

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We were super excited to try out the new St Regis in Bangkok, as we have tried many times, Peninsula,Mandarin Oriental,Sukothai etc etc. We had a limo transfer from airport to hotel in new S class Merc, lovely. Staff greeting at hotel nice and welcoming, infact staff are trying sooo hard to make it a pleasant stay, but like other reviews l agree it seems to come off annoying or scripted more so than genuine. Grand Deluxe room 1822 had a partial view of racecourse and city. Room well fitted out but if you shut blinds you could be in NY or Sydney, rooms had no asian feel or charm to them in the least. Breakfast was nice, and views from breakfast and pool amazing. Ordered drinks poolside oneday, took nearly 40 minutes for 2 cocktails to arrive, mind you we were only 2 people at pool.
Whilst we are returning to Bangkok in 3 days and usually 5 times a year, we have decided to go back to our regular hotel, Mandarin Oriental, thats what true 5 star quality, service and charm is all about. Infact reception asked when we checked out when we return to Bangkok in 3 days will we return to St Regis, we said no we will go back to Mandarin Oriental. She didnt enquire why we wouldnt return to St Regis.
So too round of, if you just want 5 star rooms that are new and glitzy then stay here, if you want to have the warmth and feel that Thailand is know for in 5 star hotels go to Mandarin Oriental.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rothsberg
Holger_Jacobs, Director of Sales & Marketing at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your comments and shared observations made during your stay with us. We are sad to hear that the efforts of our staff who are all excited to serve our guests come across as scripted and not genuine. I would like to assure you that this is not the case as we believe in empowering our staff to work as individuals and not as robots.

For the poor quality of our speed of service at the pool we would like to apologize and assure you that we have changed our operating procedures since then in order to make sure a high quality of service is guaranteed.

Please contact me personally to arrange for your next booking should you be willing to offer another chance to our team to impress you.