2,575 results
All reviewsbutler serviceelemis spametropolitan suitecaroline astor suiteviu restaurantroyal sports clubbts stationspg platinumfour seasonspersonal butlerdirect accesserawan shrineturn down serviceluxurious hotelsiam paragongrand hyattbreakfast buffet
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I am a frequent traveller to Thailand, logging more than 100 days a year in the country and usually staying at five star hotels in the downtown area.
Name a large hotel or five star and I have stayed in it . Hands down this is the worse, the very worse experience,i have had in Bangkok .
To top it off they tried to charge me when I left early for the balance of the days even though I was there as a business traveller not on some discounted all inclusive stay! The hotel is virtually empty. The pool is totally shaded as it is recessed between the high rises and the food is mediocre and you get to have breakfast,lunch and dinner in the same restaurant!
Really so many other hotels in the area better located, more service driven and better value for your money.
This is really a poor choice! I am sorry I made it!

10  Thank travellerjohn04
Holger_Jacobs, Director of Sales & Marketing at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Dear Reviewer,
thank you very much for your feedback. We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations and the inconveniences caused. Our Front Office Staff has been re-trained in their service mindedness though they followed the right procedures to bill you according to your travel arrangements. You will also be delighted to learn that we have opened JOJO our Italian Lifestyle restaurant in the meantime as an alternative for VIU our International Grill featuring fantastic views of the golf course of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club. For the view and the sunlight of our pool, I believe you have mistaken us with another hotel you have stayed at as the pool is located on the 15th floor facing also the Royal Bangkok Sports Club with unrestricted views of its golf course and horse racing track. This is also the direction the sun travels and downs in the evening. For our location, we located within walking distance from the main shopping malls Central World, Gaysorn Plaza and the famous Erawan Shrine, one Skytrain Stop from Siam Paragorn at Siam Square, one skytrain stop from the night market at Silom and 5-10 minutes in a taxi from the office districts of Sathorn Road and Wireless Road. Please contact me directly in order to look after you personally during a future stay.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Checked into the Bangkok St. Regis Friday the 20th for a four day stay. Truely a magnificent place. As you enter the hotel you are surrounded withopulent furnishings and friendly smiles. Your taken to the 12th floor for check in. I found the process to be effecent and very quick. The Thai culture is that of politness and kindness, and this does not lack at this hotel.

We were given room #1806, which I recommend, as it overlooks a private golf course and horse track. The floor butler "Khun Dome" is one very dedicated employee, seeing to it that every one of our needs was met.

My only voice of concern was the quality of food at pool side service. While out at the pool on our first day there, I ordered the Wagu Burger. It was horrible, and to top that so was the service at the pool. As we were the only ones there, I'd think getting a drink would be relitivly quick, anything but the case. It took 20 minutes to get drinks and the ten minutes later the burger arrived. The only bad decision I made was eating it. within 20 minutes I knew I would have stomach problems. It felt as if I had a lead weight in my stomach, and this feeling continued for hours, until the end resul;t, well was not pretty. I was out for the count for 2 days.

Once back on a normal or some what normal internal feeling I tried the breckfast at the Viu restaurant, actually it was good, I would not though ever order poolside at this St. Regis. Another thing that comes to mind is the quality of potable water or water to shower with. When you turned on the shower, initially the water smelled like old recycled water, trust me when your ill, you don't need those funky smells.

Still I like the service at St. Regis, it's second to none, I think the food quality at the New York St. Regis run circles around this one, but the quality of service, except the pool is outstanding.

5  Thank Ange2169
Holger_Jacobs, Director of Sales & Marketing at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your praise of our team members and the feedback given. We would like to apologize for the service offered at the pool which did not meet your expectations. We have already started an extensive training program to improve the quality of our team’s service and the improvement clearly shows. We also reviewed the food quality you have mentioned and taken strong measures here as well. We also like to inform you that with all rooms & suites in use, the water in our pipe system is constantly renewed and watched. We apologized that some low quality water got stuck in our system during your stay. We hope to have you back here soon to enjoy and verify the improvements made.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

This was our first time staying at a St Regis hotel and we both had high expectations and they were met and exceeded. The service was impeccable and warm. The interiors were modern classical and truly grand. We look forward to returning in the near future.

I highly recommend asking the hotel to arrange fast track immigration and a pick up service. Eventhough we landed at around 1:30am there were still long queues and more people arriving and so we were glad that we were taken straight to the crew/ diplomat/ VIP passport control booths and were the only people there.

I don't recommend the pool for very young children as there isn't a shallow section.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course.
4  Thank alextaiwan

Dear Reviewer,
We are glad that your service expectations were met and exceeded. We agree that the Signature St. Regis Limousine Service and Fast Track immigration Service is second to none. For your next visit, we recommend to upgrade to our Bentley Service! We also like you tip: Grand Deluxe, St. Regis Suites and Caroline Astor Suites all face the golf course of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club. The team is excitedly awaiting your next stay!

Reviewed May 19, 2011

I didn't want to just write an exceptional property review - of this hotel feature was great, and that hotel staffer was extremely attentive. I wanted to express my total satisfaction and vivid impression, of an almost perfect execution, of a new worthy entry in a very competitive hospitality marketplace - Bangkok, Thailand. There are so many great options.......

Each year, I make my annual product sourcing pilgrimage to the many countries of SE Asia. This year was no exception - but this year, my mission was to seek out new quality hotel experiences. As an SPG Platinum member, I carefully select mostly Starwood properties, for the obvious reasons. On my first SE Asian stop, I decided to try one of Thailand’s newest hotel properties, which opened only a few weeks prior to my arrival – The St. Regis, Bangkok.

They did an outstanding job, in both execution of the physical property, coupled with exceptional guest service training. The few days that I called this magnificent hotel my home, I was awed and inspired - not only by the attention to the millions of details that became my total focus, but also, of the “over-the-top” service and training that was inbred, in each and every staff member. I was so moved by this experience, that I was determined upon my return to my companys' offices in Southern California, that I was going to inspire my own dedicated staff, and challenge them to exceed our current creative, service and production boundaries. The photos attached, only touch on the depth of sophistication, and the uniqueness in presentation and combination of materials utilized throughout the property. It is a visual and sensory marvel, even for the most jaded of travelers.

Thank you St. Regis, Bangkok, for exceeding my expectations, and delivering exceptional customer service. You have provided me the “kick”, that every creative and service business needs, and to be reminded to always strive further. I look forward to my next visit. You are now my #1 choice in Bangkok.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank BradS6

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your praise and we are delighted that we managed to inspire you while exceeding you expectations. We will continue to strive for further excellence and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is an exceptional Starwood property in Bangkok. The hotel is grand and pleasantly modern. The location is good, with the Skytrain just steps in front of the hotel. And the friendly staff were just the right amount of helpful. My room butler Paul was fantastic. He was efficient, attentive and his knowledge of Bangkok proved invaluable. His service made my stay.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank juzzin

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your praise. We have passed it on to the whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back here soon.