2,577 results
All reviewsbutler serviceelemis spametropolitan suitecaroline astor suiteviu restaurantroyal sports clubbts stationspg platinumfour seasonspersonal butlerdirect accesserawan shrineturn down serviceluxurious hotelsiam paragongrand hyattbreakfast buffet
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I just recently completed a 4-night stay at the brand new St. Regis in Bangkok, and I'm still in awe. I was picked up from BKK airport in a Mercedes S-Class, brought to the hotel, and was upgraded to a suite due to platinum Starwood status. What was even better than the amazing condition of the hotel and rooms was the quality of the staff. Our butler, Dome, was probably the best hotel service person I've ever encountered. He was thoughtful, friendly, accommodating, and was simply a pleasure to be around. I'd also like to commend Duke, who works in the gym. He was so friendly, and constantly smiling, and was helpful in showing me gym techniques that were new to my routine.

The staff here is really fantastic, and not just because they're all smiles. Everyone there has a personality, and if you get to know some of the service staff, you can leave your trip feeling more fulfilled than the hotel's tangible amenities could possibly account for. I will only stay at this hotel on future trips to Bangkok.

2  Thank fulgenciomilano
Holger_Jacobs, Director of Sales & Marketing at The St. Regis Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your review and the praise of our team which we have passed on already. We are happy to inform you that all of our SPG Platinum guest will receive an upgrade to a suite where the availability allows it. Equally satisfying is the Limousine Airport Transfer (also available in a beautiful Bentley) which includes the Fast Track Immigration Service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

We were staying in this hotel from 1- 4 April 2011 and not only were we there for the hotel's first day of opening, we were also the very first guests to check in on that day, with greetings from the GM, hotel manager and unparalleled attentions from everyone in the hotel during check-in.

The check-in was prompt and swift, and we were escorted to our room by our butler and greeted by the butler-in-charge in our room. I must say our room was one of the best I have stayed in, not to mention the bathroom (I am a sucker for luxurious hotel bathroom) with the only bathtub I have used that I can fully stretch my legs in it.

As our check in was the hotel's first day of opening, we were invited to their champagne sabering in the evening at the St Regis Bar where we met and chatted with the hotel's marketing director whom was lovely. One thing to point out is for some inexplicable reasons the champagnes in this hotel are exorbitant. I remember one glass of Moet & Chandon is about US $50 before tax so you can imagine with the free flow whole night the amount we drank was more than our room's night rate.

We had the debut offer package which comes with free 3-course dinner or breakfast daily, a $1000 baht spa voucher which we never use and a complimentary room upgrade. The butler service was excellent and exemplary. We had a reservation with a French restaurant one night and our butler personally escorted us to the restaurant, taxi fare fully paid for by St Regis.

The only glitch I can think of is there was one night we requested for tea just before bed time but it never came. We have feedback this during check-out but I am sure this was just a one-off and isolated case.

For wine lovers, you should try their Decanter bar which have all sorts of wines to cater for the most discerning connoisseur. I had tried breakfast and dinner at their Viu restaurant which has nice atmosphere but was the only restaurant available at the time we were there.

Last but not least, we also received a certificate from St Regis Bangkok for recognition of us as their very first guest in the hotel - fabulous!!!!

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback and praise. We delighted to inform you that the Champagne Sabering is held as a daily Ritual at 6.30pm. We are also currently offering a special promotion for Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage at the St. Regis Bar making it the best place in Bangkok to enjoy this elegant drink. Or try the new Italian restaurant Jojo for traditional cuisine with the finest ingredients. We apologize for the missed tea service which is offered complimentary by our butlers. Please allow us to make it up to you during your next stay! The Debut offer is still valid…

Reviewed April 18, 2011

I'm a pretty demanding customer who has stayed in a lot of hotels around the world. So it's not a small thing for me to say this is probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in.

It's worth saying that it is far from full, and it has been open for less than two weeks. But, there is no sense at all that there is any learning-on-on-the-job going on, or that any last minute finishing-off is happening.

The staff are welcoming, efficient and exceptionally helpful. The food is good, with an interesting menu for breakfast and dinner. And the standard of the room, and the butler and housekeeping service that goes with it, is as good as I could ever ask for. The pool area is great too.

The hotel is in a very nicely maintained part of Bangkok, with a Skytrain station right outside, and high-quality shopping malls (and entertainment facilities) only a few minutes walk away. Patpong market is just one stop away on the Skytrain, and the restaurants and spas of Suckumvit Road are close by.

The hotel has a spectacular view over the Racecourse.

My only suggestion is that they should up the selection of complementary drinks for SPG Platinum members. There is no Executive Lounge, so the hotel offers 90 min of complementary red and white wine. A choice of just two drinks feels inadequate in a hotel of this standard. But it's a small point.

Let's hope they keep up the standard as the hotel fills up.

I don't hesitate to recommend the St Regis Bangkok.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a rececourse view
1  Thank A449

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your review and the praise! For your information, we have already improved our selection of beverages during the SPG Platinum Happy Hour. With regards to spectacular views, our Grand Deluxe Rooms, St. Regis Suites & Caroline Astor Suites all face the Horse Racing Track of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club. This is of course also true for VIU restaurant and the famous St. Regis Bar. See you soon at the St. Regis Bangkok.

Reviewed April 15, 2011

i was stay at suite room.
arrival: to much staff on first floor
lobby and front desk : looks pretty but i think st.regis singapore is better
pool: a bit small and staff not much take care about guest
room(suite) design: big but i feel like everything not match i mean color and material especially living room
bathroom: bathtub and shower feel so so(Singapore a lot better) no teeth brush in bathroom (on request) and drink water is a local water
and overall is good value for spg.platinum but you might not feel there is st.regis

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Yoshida_101

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your feedback and the comparison with the St. Regis Singapore, which is another lovely St. Regis property. We are happy to report that we have amended the interior decoration of our suites since your last visit where possible and trained our staff at the pool to improve their service mindedness. For the bathroom amenities, our butlers are delighted to facilitate you with any item you might miss amongst the beautiful Remede amenities. To honor your loyalty, SPG Platinum members enjoy early check-in and extended check-out times. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I had a memorable time at the newly opened st regis Bangkok. Didn't go for the stay but had a wonderful meal in "viu" restaurant and a nice cocktail overlooking the royal sport club golf course on the opposite site. Also was very impressed with the elemis spa, will definitely stay there when am over in Bangkok next time.

All in all, beautifully decorated and professional service!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tonyvaya

Dear Reviewer,
Please allow us to welcome you for a stay the next time you visit Bangkok. Apart from VIU we have now also our Italian Restaurant JOJO available while a glass of Champagne at the famous St. Regis Bar is always worth a visit during sunset!