“Gem hidden in Bangkok” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TheOysterBarbangkok

TheOysterBarbangkok
Ranked #709 of 10,632 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: This is the one and only sustainable seafood restaurant in Thailand. Based on a USA "Oyster Bar" concept with lots of fresh shucked oysters, and loads of seafood selections. Crabs, Mussels, Clams, fresh fish! All of our seafood is sustainable and imported. No local "sea bass" here or Snow fish or farmed salmon that is found everywhere! Home made pastas, chowders, salads, and lots of choices of side dishes makes TOB a fun place to eat and entertain at. Our menu changes daily with fresh organic produce and seafood. Everything made in house and NO MSG!Our cuisine is fun, tasty and healthy.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Gem hidden in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

As an Oyster fan and a regular to Bangkok I gust had to visit. A taxi ride from Siam and I was there. You can't miss the neon sign.
Quite a small place but staff are very welcoming and the Oyster Selection was best I've seen to be honest. Presentation was fantastic and accompanying wine spot on.
There were also a selection of other fresh sea food.
Well worth a visit while in BKK if you love Oysters.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Bil1965
Wayan B, seafood guru at TheOysterBarbangkok, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. We strive to offer our guests the best value on the freshest seafood available in the Kingdom! We import at least twice weekly from as far away as the East Coast of the USA. We have worked on our wine menu extensively looking for the best value wines to enjoy with our seafood. All of our wines are tasted against each other in blind tastings with our staff. Please do come visit us again!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kihei, Hawaii
“easily could of got excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

oysters have always been a fave, stick with them here and no problems. I did a dozen mixed and one fell short and another almost short, in the long run I was just scared and never got sick. lady took my advice and ordered double of my choices giving her 6. she also enjoyed these briny babies. if you like Caesar salad I have to say we were both impressed. the croutons were yucky but the salad dressing here was a winner.

I went for more starters being the seafood fan, 10 clams with an aiole sauce was a deal for me at 150 baht. grabbed some sqid ink flying fish caviar for fun and the clam chowder. how to rate it???? very thin but it did hold the flavor, personaly I like it thick not watery.

the lady did seafood fettuccini and our guest grabbed some spicy lobster pasta. the lobster being of better taste and the pasta just minimal. the bread was again just OK.

ok now tasting everything I would still like to give the very good rating, LOL everything I ordered was great aside one or two oysters. reason for no 5 star or bubble could be the lack of hard liquor. a security measure I believe a shot of something strong after a bad tasting oyster would offset any bacteria, surely I can be wrong. lalala the restaraunt or bar next door will pour u a shot and The Oyster Bar will allow it in. so praise for that. now, a bit O advice for customer or owner, the Monsoon white from Thailand tasted better then the higher priced Sauvengion Blanc, being a big fan of Sauvengion Blanc this one was served not chilled enough and the Thai wine perferct. small things but I hope my reward of very good helps you. I would return but I'm an oyster groupie anyways.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank QFOX
“Cool Oyster restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

You may not know it from outside but this is a seriously cool Oyster restaurants, with Oysters from all around the world.

There is an open kitchen arrangement so the diner can see the food being prepared.

We always order a selection of Oysters from around the world to share...

3 Thank BritBangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great place for oysters and seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is a great place to come if you're in the mood for some oysters and seafood. There's not much on the menu other than seafood. They usually have about a dozen different types of oyster from all over the world. I believe it's run by a seafood importer, so they have a good range of top quality seafood, at reasonable prices. They have a decent wine list, including a reasonable selection by the glass. I have been here more times than I can remember.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank jjcbkk
Bangkok, Thailand
“oysters were fresh pasta was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I just had 12 type of oyster last night! During my meal I head staff keep saying Barron sold out !, kumamoto sold out! , fine declair sold out by the time I left they have 7 type oysters left on the bar. It is so live I love watching them. The king crab and snow crab were excellent. Also Seafood pasta with white wine garlic sauce was excellent. I will come back

• Visited March 2012