“Totally Ghetto, but Cheap”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Galleria@SUBWAY

Galleria@SUBWAY
Ranked #447 of 615 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Boulder, CO
“Totally Ghetto, but Cheap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

We lived at the Galleria@Subway for 1 month. We wanted to spend a bunch of time in Bangkok to visit with family so we signed a 30 day lease. The daily cost turned out to be about $15 USD per day, which isn't bad for Bangkok; so, that's a plus. The building is very close (2 min walk) to the Huai Kwuang subway station, that's also a plus. Other than that you can expect a dingy, dysfunctional room in a building surrounded by houses of ill repute. They offer two cleanings a month, which A) is ridiculous and B) the rooms are so nasty a 30 minute clean job wouldn't matter. The room greeted us with bugs galore, but a quick trip to the department store for a bottle of RAID did the trick. I think you get the point by now ... place is nasty, but cheap. Last but not least, no free wifi although the front desk does sell monthly internet plans. Actually, the more I write about this place the more I realize that after paying for internet, bottles of bug spray, and cleaning supplies I guess this place wan't as cheap as I thought =)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nosearg

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
not belize
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

Although the management was great about early check in at 4am the bath was filthy, there was no power cord for the TV and the room had bedbugs. Plus it took me over two hours of walking to find the place because their map was not quite accurate. I left immediately and had to find another hotel. My email request for a refund was ignored for a week (perhaps until management thought I'd left thailand after my one week reservation) and I was told rather that refund my paypal I had to come in person for a refund. Again I managed to find the place despite their map. I was penalized one day for "acepting the key" - they said that counted as one night despite leaving without even using their filthy dirty toilet. Ny refund was in thai bhat at a rate that was quite beneficial to the hotel. My $189 USD payment bacame a refund of less than $160. I suppose I chould be happy they only cheated me out of about $30 instead of the whole $189. Their pictures are quite good - making the place look mujch better than reality. Saying they were "recently remodeled" must use a loose definition of remideled.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

Very convenience place to stay, near many departments store and Jatujak - Sunday Market where i enjoy very much in shopping varieties of things and souveniers at the reasonable price. I just go by subway for just 15 min. to reach it. Nearby hotel is a very famous Somboon seafood restaurant where i shall never forget how good taste the food is. And i also go to see the Thai Culture show - Siam Niramitr, the very fantastic traditional show

• Stayed November 2010