“Enjoyable stay but can be improved!”
Review of AETAS bangkok

AETAS bangkok
Ranked #69 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
“Enjoyable stay but can be improved!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights (16-20 May 2013) with AETAS Bangkok. It takes around 8-10 mins of stroll to reach the hotel from the nearest Phloen Chit BTS station, with a 7-11 store located somewhere in the middle of the hotel & BTS station. Though my partner & I were being welcomed by a friendly staff at the check-in counter, we felt disappointed + irritated upon hearing that our reserved room was not yet ready & there was no free upgrade invitation to the next available room. We eventually paid for the available deluxe room cos we were perspiring profusely from the hot weather + 10 mins of stroll & we just want to settle down our luggages ASAP.

We were given the cornered room, upon entering the room, it gave off a stale smell (like as if it has been left emptied for quite some time). We also can't help but noticed that there were residue stains on the ceiling walls due to the condensation of air-conditioners. Nonetheless, the room is spacious, the bed is comfy with soft pillows. We have a soft spot for hotels with open-concept bathrooms & that's 1 of the reason why we chose the stay with AETAS Bangkok. The room came with a bathtub, there were some stains on the tub itself too but it was alright - we cleaned it before using. Throughout our stay here, the room was being tidied up everyday & we really appreciate that.

Breakfast spread was quite standardize, the menu is quite limited but it was alright for my partner & I as we are not fussy eaters.

We are thankful for the complimentary tuk-tuk service that the hotel provides, to ferry us to the nearest Phloen Chit BTS station. Though it was stated that there is no return tuk-tuk trip available, but if you happen to be near the BTS station, are on your way heading back to the hotel & happened to see the hotel tuk-tuk, just hop on it! PS: We saw some hotel guests done that :P

To take note that while the shuttle timings stated 6pm LT is the last tuk-tuk ride, it doesn't mean that you still get to ride the tuk-tuk at 6pm! We were chided by a concierge staff, telling us off that we should be waiting for the tuk-tuk at around 5:45pm because they are signing off from work at 6pm sharp - he emphasized the word "sharp". I'm unsure if there is any miscommunication in the shuttle timings. Despite the chiding, that said concierge staff still bother to give us the ride, though with an unwilling face. We didn't see any of the hotel staff standing-by at the respective work stations (i.e. check-in, concierge etc), in fact, the hotel lobby was quiet & not lively.

The 10 mins of stroll can be a chore if you are returning to the hotel with a big shopping bag/luggage bag. Remember to take the hotel card from the concierge so that you can show the taxi driver the directions (in Thai) back to the hotel, we basically resort to taking taxis when coming back to the hotel. Else, I think the 10 min stroll can be pleasant;) There is also a friendly stall tenant selling fried snacks (i.e. bananas, sweet potatoes & yam) underneath the flight of stairs to Phloen Chit BTS station, we frequent his stall everyday!

Overall a pleasant stay in the hotel with a comfy bed, but my personal opinion is that the customer servicing can be further improved. I won't come back to the hotel again but will make a trip to frequent the snack stall :P

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mabbie_Chin
TheAETASManagement, General Manager at AETAS bangkok, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Chin,

First of all, Thank you for value time to share your comments during stay with us. Your comments is share to the team in order to service improvement in the future.

Once again, we hopefully AETAS Bangkok will be your prefer hotel when you visit Bangkok.

Prasit O-Charoen (Mr.)
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Pleasantville, NY
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Spent 4 nights here recently, attending a conference in the hotel. My 12th floor room was large, clean and well-equipped - all the amenities you would expect. Had access to the executive lounge on the 24th floor for my breakfast. Very limited selection - fruit, some pastries etc - not as full as the main restaurant on the mezzanine level. Service was excellent - efficient, very polite and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Greetings from AETAS Bangkok !
I do hope that this e-mial will find you a good healthy and travel home save. I write on behalf of Team, in regard to thank you for valuable time to feedback your comments during stay with us. Our Team is try hard to improve our service standard in the future and hope that you will select AETAS Bangkok as your choice when you visit Bangkok again.

Prasit O-Charoen
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had a pleasant stay at the AETAS with the lady. Firstly, the staff was incredibly friendly to begin with. When I arrived to check-in sometime after 7pm, a male staff offered to hold our bags while we completed check-in. Didn't take more than 5 minutes after completing some forms. Got a room on the 16th floor.

When we reached our rooms, some tinkering with the switches and soon got them all under control. The beds were excellent for me. They were probably larger than king-sized. And the best thing? There were so many pillows that we could have 3 pillows each. I slept so well that I probably woke up earlier each day and feeling so fresh.

The complimentary tuk-tuk to the BTS departs every half hour so we somehow timed our trips pretty well to take it everyday. The staff rotated among themselves so there were a few drivers. Otherwise, walk down Soi Ruamrudee is about 5 minutes to Phloen Chit BTS anyway.

Visited the pool one morning but the water was too chilly for my liking so just spent some time on the day bed. Towels were provided and a staff was at the counter to collect the towels as we left.

All in all, I would definitely return to this hotel again in future since it's so new and offers such great value.

Room Tip: Our rooms faced AETAS Residence which was quite a nice view at night.
1 Thank MelvinEng
TheAETASManagement, at AETAS bangkok, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Value Guest Ms. Spenceand,

First of all, Thank you very much for choosing to stay at AETAS Bangkok and spending your value time to review AETAS via Tripadvisor. We appreciate your positive feedback, especially highlight of breakfast. Your comments will immediately share to F & B team.

We hope to welcome you back to AETAS Bangkok again in the near future.

Prasit O-Charoen (Mr.)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have stayed once before at the AETAS BKK hotel back in 2011. It was an awesome experience. The beds were very comfortable. Two years from then, I returned back to AETAS and I can pretty much confirm that this place is still awesome. We actually got the dates mixed up and booked 1 night less, so we arrived a day earlier. We were both flustered after our whole day of travels so they upgraded us to a room on the top floor with amazing views of the city.

A small tip: some taxi drivers may have difficulty knowing the location, so we always mentioned Conrad for a some guidance.

Thank you AETAS for making our visit memorable.

Cannes, France
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Have been to the Aetas twice already for business and will probably be back again in September. The hotel is generally a "classic" business hotel, stylish. I was very pleased with my last room/suite as it had a very complete bath & shower, separate bedroom, and comfortable & well equipped living room, all with a corner view over BKK.

The location is relatively convenient for me, close to work, not too far from the tramway/BTS, and enough activity in the neighborhood to keep fed & amused without having to go to the other side of the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed August 14, 2013

If I can stay here for a long time then I definitely will. Such a memorable place. Hotel exterior and interior are splendid. Bathroom is definitely a heaven! (lol) Walking distance to BTS. Bed are soft and very comfy. Room service was delivered on time. Food was wonderful. I even wish I work here. lol. My partner and I will definitely book here again the next time we will go to Thailand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TheAETASManagement, General Manager at AETAS bangkok, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Madam,

Greetings from AETAS Bangkok Soi Ruamruedee and do hope that you have a save trip home.
I write on behalf of Team, and appreciate your value time to write a positive comment via Trip advisor. We do hope that AETAS will be your second Home Once you visit Bangkok.

Our Team are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Prasit O-Charoen
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had previously stayed at their other hotel in Bangkok, so surprised when arrived at this hotel - nice modern hotel and check-in went reasonably well, the only hiccup I had was when they asked for a credit card which I refused due to a problem in this regard at their other establishment - they then agreed to a cash holding deposit so all fine.
Given a room on the 9th floor which was roomy and quite modern and clean.A good size bathroom where they had a bath which had an overhead shower- they appear to have a design fault here as there is a full tile size gap from the edge of the bathtub to the wall, and the bath is raised above the tile which the water from the shower runs to that area with nowhere to go until it eventually drips onto the floor - would hate to be a maid having to swab the excess water up every day.
Had 2 meals at there in-house restaurant - very few people here, only one other person on one of the nights - management need to look at this for several reasons - 1. Very little if any English spoken or comprehended. 2. The price you pay is over the top. 3. The quality of food is poor, not sure who does the ordering of supplies, but one wonders when you order a pork dish and get chicken, or order scallops and get prawns, or when you order tenderloin steak and end up with sirloin!
Buffet breakfast is held in this same restaurant area - seemed to have enough variety but i had a plate of fried eggs - cold, got baked beans - cold, got bacon - burnt to a crisp - like cardboard and cold. Staff were very efficient at walking around and not seeing anyone - again I would think a management problem.
As I initially said I think there is a management problem as there is insufficient training of staff and insufficient English from staff for a 5 star hotel ( even the doorman had problems understanding English.
Very disappointed and doubt we would visit here again as there are many top class hotels in Bangkok.

1 Thank Leigh C