“Excellent hotel in a nice area”
Review of AETAS bangkok

AETAS bangkok
Ranked #70 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent hotel in a nice area”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We had such a nice stay at the Aetas hotel. It is just a stone throws away from hotels like the Conrad and Novotel. The area is quiet and not too busy, as some Bangkok streets could be. The hotel provides a tuktuk service to the skytrain station and it is extremely convenient to get around. The concierge often get out of their way to help and we have greatly enjoyed their recommendations. The area is very convenient to get around, taxi fare to the big shopping centres like the MBK and the Platinum Mall are all under 100 Baht. If you like Vietnamese food, try the T-house just round the corner from the hotel, excellent food for a good price.

Room Tip: The executive suites are excellent
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helenseaborne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
manila
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed here with my wife to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary and also to attend the wedding of a good friend. Hotel offered very good rates and was very close to the church (Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church) where the wedding would be held.
I put a note on my reservation that it was our 18th wedding anniversary so when we entered the room we saw that the hotel staff had put rose petals on the bed and bathtub and also gave a heart shaped cake. Pleasantly surprised and greatly appreciated the gesture.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the nearest BTS (train) station but they have a tuktuk that shuttles guests back and forth. They even allowed us to take the tuktuk to the church.
Overall the staff are very accommodating and always ready to serve with a smile.
Breakfast buffet has a typical selection of asian and western food.
Just make sure you press the make up room button so that the room is clean by the time you get back.
Also, on our last day both our keys failed to work at 10am. When we went down to front desk they asked us if we weren't checking out yet.. So, I'm not sure if they deactivated the keys or if it was a system glitch. The hotel was fully booked so I felt the pressure to leave promptly at noon. Request for a late check-out was denied.
Good hotel, great value and great staff.
Location is a bit out of the way but not too bad since they have a shuttle.
If you need supplies there is a little grocery store located at the second floor of the Conrad Hotel complex called Tops Market that closes at 8pm and also a 7-11 down the road on Ruamrudi.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FTZ
new york, ny
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The hotel is very nice and trendy. The rooms are nicely designed and quiet. The location is not in the best location however it is a short tuk tuk ride (complimentary from hotel) to the train station, two stops from the major malls and a short cab ride to the night market.

The concierge Nippon was so nice, he went out of his way to help us. There are a few restaurants, pricey by Thai standards, within walking distance... also several banks and an Au Bon Pain. The hotel recommended Baan Glom Gig which was very good. There is also a laundry service which was still surprisingly expensive, but cheaper than the hotel on the side street of 7/11, a few min walk from the hotel.

We didn't use them, but the gym and spa facilities looked really nice. We did have a few drinks at the pool bar which is small, but very nice though the drinks did take about 30 min to make, literally.

The breakfast buffet was nice and good for the size of the hotel but the food was average. Overall, we thought the hotel was very nice for the price (appx $75/night).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Aetas near Ploenchit used to be my regular hotel when I visited Bangkok and all my details where on file. This trip to BKK I decided to move to different hotel (Aloft - Sukhumvit Soi 11) and make no longer of Aetas in the future.

On check I found out that my preferred room was allocated but given to somebody else. They put me in a normal room at the executive floor... but without being allowed to use the executive facilities. When arrived my first night late back in my room (2409) there was a horrible drain stench. They offered me a different room but a bit drunk was not in mood to move. Next morning when woke upo the smell was really totally unbearable. After moving around to 23rd floor first, then to room 2408 I was running late for my Christmas lunch. Wanted to use their Tuktuk to Ploenchit Station to make up some time but was told by teh staff to wait 25 minutes before I could use it (runs now only every half hour). My new room had no hot water in the evening and after the engineer came over the problem appeared to be fixed.... but just for 10 minutes.

Really enjoyed this hotel in the past but the price went up with 15% in last half year while my present experience really spoiled my stay. Maybe bad luck and otehrs will do better but I decided never to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Dutch_Marc1958
bolton
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights stopover via Australia.
This hotel is fairly close- about 10 minutes walk from the nearest train station. If you want to see the stereotypical sights of Bangkok then the Nana area with its go go bars and neon nightlife is about a 15 minute walk. The Grand palace and religious areas however, are quite a distance away and would take hours to walk to.
The hotel is a nice place to escape the frantic,congested streets of Bangkok. The room I stayed in was large with a bathroom that had 2 glass walls, one of which looked directly out onto the bedroom. Luckily for any shy bathers, there was a blind in the bathroom that could be pulled down to uphold their dignity. There was a great power shower and the place was clean.
The bed was extremely comfortable and huge - the biggest bed I have ever slept in. On the negatives, the walls of the room were covered with a faded cheap looking wood which gave it a rather cheap appearance.
There was a great view of the city scape from the room.
The " Moments" restaurant at the hotel was very nice with friendly staff and a good breakfast buffet and egg station.
The gym was disappointing with dumbells up to 20kg and a couple of benches and a multigym station. There was also a couple of running machines and a bike.
The pool was nice and was surrounded by trees and flowers. The sauna was excellent.
Staff at the front desk were very friendly and attentive and there were 2 computers for free internet access near the reception.
Ask for a later check out time as the staff are quite accommodating if the hotel is not too full.
Whilst checking out, however, the hotel tried to charge me for a bottle of water that I had apparently taken from the mini bar in my room. This was incorrect and after explaining that I never used anything from the mini bar, the fee was wavered.
Overall, a very nice hotel and good value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ClintBolton
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Overall I really liked this hotel - The rooms were large, with a contemporary design and well maintained. The showers are glass walled to the room which seems to be a trend in Bangkok. There is a nice open air pool, the only downside is that I could never find anyone for drink service at the pool. I really liked the quiet neighborhood that the hotel was situated in. I would stay here again.
There are few points that need improvement at the hotel. When I travel to Bangkok I am always excited to eat at their breakfast Buffets. Other Bangkok hotels in past visits have had miles and miles of choices of breakfast from Thai to English to Chinese cuisines. At Aetas it seems like they are trying to save money on the buffet, this in addition to the fact that it is not complementary, which I have no problem with paying. The largest concern was how the staff dealt with settling room, bar, restaurant charges. Although we as a company were staying with the hotel for more than 2 weeks, the staff would chase us down the street so that we would sign a bar tab or come to my room to settle a breakfast charge. I had put a credit card on my room and was not going anywhere. I am not sure if the fact that my coworkers were predominately middle eastern had something to do with this behavior. In any case this is not acceptable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 1whereintheworldami1
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We booked the Aetas due to a last minute change of flights meaning we needed to stay a night in Bangkok. We paid £50 (via booking.com) and we were upgraded to a deluxe room on arrival. Amazing value...

Bed - huge and very comfortable
Room - clean, huge, very efficient aircon, digital safe, desk, free wi-fi
Bathroom - also huge and well-appointed

We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.

My husband did order a steak from room service for dinner and asked for it medium - it came very rare, but it was late and he didn't want to go to the trouble of sending it back and waiting. We raised the issue the next day (as he could only eat a few bites) when we were checking out and they removed the charge from our bill.

I did try to use the business centre to print something and it was never open when it was supposed to be (or there was a business conference going on downstairs) but they did say I could use the mac in the lobby to email the document to reception.

Location is great for shopping areas, or taking the sky train, and for what we paid I can't really fault it. We will definitely keep The Aetas on our list of go-to options in Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple