“Very Good Hotel”
Review of AETAS bangkok

AETAS bangkok
Ranked #65 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed in the hotel for my first trip to Bangkok in October and I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. I expected a good hotel but this was better than expectations. The hotel staff are very helpful, the design is lovely and the room I took was amazing. Next trip to Bangkok, I am booking there!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,132)

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed at this hotel at the end of October and I have to admit I was a bit nervous since I usually stick to big chains like Starwood. Nevertheless I was traveling alone and thought I'd check this hotel out since it was rated so highly here as well as on hotels.com. I arrived at the hotel rather late, 12:30 am on Friday morning so the hotel seemed a bit abandoned. There was no bellboy or doorman which I actually preferred since I wouldn't have to tip someone for carrying my bag 5-10 meters. Check in wasn't a problem and was quick and efficient.

Overall I rated this property with 4 stars because there were a few things that were less than perfect. My refrigerator wasn't working from the beginning of my stay and I had to ask 5 times before it was replaced. However given the situation in Thailand and the fact that the staffing seemed quite low given the occupancy rate I can't really fault the hotel too much. I just love my cold drinks!

I would definitely stay here again in the future and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean and spacious place to stay in Bangkok. The overall ambiance wasn't up to the level of say Le Meridien but the rooms are bigger and less cluttered with useless technology. Oh and one last thing, the internet is free! However you may encounter some problems connecting but the reception desk will help you with this.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank terrencehkg
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at The Aetas Bangkok many times and I can honestly say that the hotel and its staff never fail to impress me in every stay.
I picked this place because it locates near US Embassy. I usually commute by BTS Sky Train and there's quite a distance from the station to the hotel but the hotel provides guests with tuk-tuk transfer to take you to the station without any hassle.
I usually take train from airport to town and call the hotel for pick up, every time they were very nice, helpful and friendly.

Every staff, from the front gate security, bell boys, drivers or at the reception, to the hotel maids welcome me with smiles each time they see me and ready to jump to assist me even with the smallest thing.
One time the bell boy saw me walking back to the hotel with my shopping bags and things he almost ran to me and asked why I didn't call for pick up and offered to help me with the bags. Sometimes it was even funny when I had to refuse to let them do just that and they look worried.

My many stays after that time were, like my review title, like come back home.
The staff remember me after a few stays, they always remember to put me on my favorite side of the building, on high floor facing north. Every time I meet any staff they greet me with smiles and always go extra mile to ensure every one of my requests and necessities are met.

There was one particular time that I was very impressed by the lady at the cafe, who got me my coffee.
It was just after I checked out and waited for my friend to pick me up. I went to the cafe and asked if I could get two take-away iced cappuccinos. The lady took my order with a smile only to let me know a minute later that this cafe has no take-away cups.
But unlike what I've experienced in many other places in Thailand, which usually turn me down flat when they don't have-or too lazy to find-something I ask for, to my surprised, the lady stopped and thought for a minute then asked me that if I could wait for a few minutes she would get to the next building where they have take-away coffee.
She then went on and get me two cups of my perfectly brewed iced cappuccino, strong and not too sweet just like I ordered.

To many people, these small things might not matter, but small details are where excellence lies.

I just love coming back to this hotel, my second home in Bangkok.

Room Tip: If you are a morning person and love having sunny morning light shines in, ask for the room facing n...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Kazira
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Checked into Aetas at Ratchadamri Rd at friend's advice last min on 2nd morning as experience at previous hotel was too horrible to continue. Hotel maybe too new, most cab drivers don't know where it is, so was bit of a chore. Breakfast spread was lousy for a 4 star standard. Though there is free tuk tuk shuttle frm hotel to BTS located at front of road, no shuttle back. So if we took a train, the walk back is pretty long. Other than above, hotel is awesome! Paid 120SGD, lower than a branded hotel but was welcomed by helpful service, spacious walkways on room floors, & a 5 Star room w Sony LCD (wide selection of cable), heavy luxury bed w down feather pillows & a quality shower & tub. Free Wifi throughout!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed at the Aetas for the first time in October 2011 on business. On previous stays in Bangkok I've stayed in the Conrad Hilton and Centrepoint (Wireless Road), and during leisure trips Nana Ibis and (a long time ago) the Amari Boulevard. The choice of hotel was driven by my client, as it's half the price of the Conrad and only just around the corner from there (so good for the office where I was working).

Overall - new and clean hotel with polite staff. Good location for the Central Business area, a little way out of the way for the busy Sukhumvit area, but walkable in about 10 minutes.

Free wifi - which is essential for me! Speed not too good, but good enough to be able to video Skype home. My wife's gripe (over Skype!) was the carpet, which is nice and new but a mottly brown colour - which she didn't approve of! I thought it was fine though. Room is comfy enough with a decent sized flat screen TV. Courtesy bowl of fruit on arrival, though this wasn't replenished at all during my 7 night stay. Loved the lychees! Like the Conrad, there is a glass wall between the bathroom and the bedroom, with an electric blind if you're the shy type!

Breakfast was non-inspiring I'm afraid. Normally I find that I can have something different every day, but here for some reason I didn't find the food particularly exciting. There is an 'egg' bar where you can order fried, scrambled or omlettes to order, and a full range of Japanese and Thai food too. Fruit was good though - the pineapple in Thailand really is tasty!

My big gripe at breakfast is the coffee. Now I don't like to have a cup until after I've enjoyed some fruit, and I'm enjoying a 'main course' of something cooked. But here the waiter / waitress offers you coffee straight away (which I don't want), and then is difficult to find later. So my initial fill up and refill of coffee was invariably slow coming, if it came at all.

I did try the buffet lunch one day too. This was good value for money - about 350baht if I remember correctly. Lots of variety, and a wide choice of starters, mains and sweets. OK, so it's maybe a bit more than outside, but the choice and unlimited quantity was good, and it was good quality too. Eat one of these and you probably won't need / want to eat for the rest of the day! I'd do this again.

Used the treadmill and the bike in the gym. The former is a little harsh on the joints - they could do with either having this serviced or investing in a more spongy one. Didn't try the pool - there was quite a strong smell of chlorine, and my eyes are quite sensitive to this (poor poppet!!). Most of the time had the gym to myself.

Location wise it's just at the back of the Conrad, and as I say within walking distance of the main Sukhumvit area. The hotel provides a courtesy tuk tum to take you to the nearest sky train station (about 7 mins walk away), but I never felt the need to use this.

Oh yes, and a welcome touch - there's an umbrella in the room, which for me was very useful, as it was rainy season was used pretty well every day of the stay!

There's a 7-eleven just down the road, so it's easy to stock up on water and juices if you need them.

So overall, would I use this hotel again? Well yes, both on business and for leisure. It's near enough to Sukhumvit to make walking to the enormous number of bars and restaurants there very easy, and the SkyTrain is also easily accessible. the shopping mall at All Seasons Place is just a 5 minute walk away too with all its shops and restaurants. It's comfy and clean, the staff are helpful, and the leisure facilities are decent - not as good as the gym at the Conrad, but there again it is half the price!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TAG_the_Traveller
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Superb location, the nearest BTS is Pleonchit BTS which is 2 stops away from Siam. The service here are superb, the people here are all smile when they serve you. If you cannot get a cab, there will be a Tuk Tuk Shutter Service to the BTS station on certain timing. But what really touched us the most was when the staff were willing to drive us out to the BTS Station when it was raining a few days ago as we couldn't get a cab at all. The room service are not bad too, please do try their cream mushroom soup ! The rooms are exactly the same in the pictures. They also have great eating place, chilling out place nearby too.

Yes, I will stay here again for my next buying trip or even just a relaxing holiday trip. I will also recommend my friends & family to stay here too. =)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The location is alright, 8-10 minutes walk to the BTS station. Actually there is free tuk-tuk service provided by the hotel, but only one way available - from hotel to BTS.
The hotel is modern and new. The staff is nice and cheerful with good appearance. The process of check-in and out is also efficient.
Entering the room, it's quite cozy and clean with everything ready. The bathroom is large, both shower and bath tub is equipped. You can also turn on the music as well. I like it very much.
All in all, everything is good. It can't get better and I really recommend to everyone (couples, family...) You will feel delighted as I am.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple