“Nice place”

Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2
Ranked #96 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed there for two nights last week. Smooth check-in with the people at the reception explaining the facilities at the hotel. Room was neat and the bathroom very clean. The bathroom has a large window which looks in the bed area. Of course the window can be closed with blinds.The rooms could use some brighter lighting. Even with all the lights on the room is little dark.There is a swimming pool in the top floor. Phoelen Chit skytrain station is close by. Hotel provides free drop to the end of the street from where the station is few mins walk.The breakfast was good. Its a mix of thai and continental. The lady in the breakfast area deserves special appreciation for prompt services. Even though the hotel street is quite the parallel street is very happening place. It has lots of bars, restaurants and stores. Its a good hotel in a good location.

Note - Cab arranged by hotel from/to DMK airport will cost you 500THB. Suggest you find you own cab which should cost around 320THB (160 Meter, 50 airport surcharge, 110 highway toll) from the airport and the return should be even cheaper with just one toll. Also avoid taking taxi from the stand in front of the hotel. Instead take one from the main road or outside taxis which come in the street which are lot cheaper. Bangkok has lots of taxis. so if one refuses to use the meter wait for another one who is willing. Meter rates are inexpensive.

1  Thank jayaramann
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Jayaramann,

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Solo on Tripadvisor.

We are very glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. It gives us great pleasure to read the detailed review of the Hotel. We are thrilled to know you found the rooms very comfortable , clean and spacious as it is our constant effort to offer high standard of service to our guest. We are happy to know you liked our location, breakfast and the helpful staff. I will surely further this compliments to the team as it will serve as a great encouragement.

In regards to the taxi outside the hotel they do not have any association with Hotel Solo. We always recommend our guest to ask the hotel to get a cab as we will do the needful for you in the best possible way.

We look forward to welcoming back to Hotel Solo so we that we can make your visit a more comfortable and memorable one.

Thank you for your full score and to all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

reservations@solosukhumvit.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Everything here is great, good service and location. People here are very nice.There is transport service between hotel and subway also. Hotel is close to many Pubs and Bars. But there weren't many kind of breakfast and don't have many parking lots.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear ชิดพร น,

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Solo on Trip advisor. It gives us great pleasure to know that your stay with us has been pleasant. Our utmost aim is to ensure the highest standards of service to all our guest therefore we would like to thank you for your kind words in regards to the service, staff and location.

We are located slightly off the busy streets of Sukhumvit to ensure a quite peaceful rest for our guest. Our shuttle service operates for 24 hours to assist in a smooth commute to the main road and sky train.

We do have parking space available upon request and in regards to the breakfast we have tapered the spread to cover all basic necessities of a good breakfast meal.. We cater to many nationalities thus we have carefully selected the varieties to accomodate to all. Nonetheless I would love to get your feedback on what you suggest we incorporate. I would highly appreciate a email to me personally as it is my utmost aim to ensure satisfied customers.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, and i must say I've mix feelings for this hotel.

The rooms are clean and spacious, and theirs pizzas are really awesome. Frontdesk didnt like smiling much, but were very helpful in showing us directions of the places we wanted to go. Note the taxi mafia outside though - quoted us 250bht for a 60bht dist. If you're not carrying heavy baggage, its better to just take the hotel's tuk tuk out to the shopping mall and walk to the bts (it'll only take you an additional 5-10mins). The only downside of the hotel tuk tuk is that its easy for them to drop us off at the shopping mall, but for them to pick us up without a phone.

The supermarket (villa something..) is accessible via the hotel tuk tuk as well. Really convenient to grab drinks and food if you're not having breakfast at the hotel. alternatively, there's always macdonalds there.

Not sure if the lights were faulty or ..ok i'd like to just think its faulty. On our last night, i woke up to flickering lights - switch making noises. and the whole room's lights and air-con switched off-ed and on-ed again by itself. Other then that one time, the rooms are really well conditioned and modern.

1  Thank DianaLGJ
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Diana,

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Solo on Tripadvisor.

We are very glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. It gives us great pleasure to read the detailed review of the Hotel. Glad to know you found the rooms very comfortable, clean and spacious as it is our constant effort to offer high standard of service to our guest. We are happy to know you liked our location, breakfast and the helpful staff. I will surely further this compliments to the team as it will serve as a great encouragement.

Regarding the switch flickering which had disturbed your sleep. please understand Bangkok is not a developed city/country like Singapore hence when the power went out it usually take less than a minute for it to switch back on, sometimes just a second hence thats why the flickering lights occurred. This itself is not the hotel's control or the Hotel's fault. I'm a Singaporean myself, I wish Bangkok is as developed as Singapore hence I wished you had personally sent me an email regarding this issue rather than giving an unfair review. :(

I hope in the near future we have the chance to to make your stay more comfortable and memorable one at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2.

Front Office

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Very good service, nice people, nice place to be.
The rooms are very clean and the service is very good.
You are not far from nightlife and you are in an area that is very quiet.
You will be please don't worry.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Denis T,

Thank you for such a positive review for Hotel Solo 2.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you were very happy with your stay with us. We are delighted to know we made you feel comfortable. Our staff are happy to know you enjoyed our services and we were able to make your trip a comfortable one.

I am glad to know you liked the location as it sure does serve as the optimum place to be at in downtown Sukhumvit.. Thank you for positively pointing out the excellence of the room , its amenities and the staff.

It is our constant aim to provide the highest standards of service to our guest so to hear of such a positive comment serves as an encouragement for the whole Solo Team.

Thank you for recommending Hotel Solo. We look forward to welcoming you back so we can make your trip a more memorable one.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

No problems with this hotel, good location and friendly staff. Rooms are a nice size, clean would definitely stay at this hotel again. Be careful of the taxi mafia outside the hotel always refusing to use a meter but was helped by the bell boy from buriram in finding a taxi that would take me to my next hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rhysclay
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Rhysclay,

Thank you very much for such a glowing review of Hotel Solo.

I am very delighted to know that you were very happy with Hotel Solo as this serves a great encouragement for our staff to ensure only the highest standards of service towards our guests. It gives me great pleasure that we could make your stay more satisfying and comfortable during your visit. We will ensure to secure the same welcome ad service upon your return which our staff and I are looking forward to.

In regards to the taxi outside we always recommend the guest to get a taxi via the Hotel to ensure a secured and fair deal. We never encourage guests to use the taxis outside as we are aware of them not using the meter and they have no association with our Hotel at all. On your next visit please let us assist you in arranging for a taxi.

Thank you once again for pointing out all the positive features of our hotel and for recommending us.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I had 4 days/nights to see Bangkok and had to learn my way around quickly as it was my first visit to this great city.
Staff very helpful with questions I asked (like getting to the temples on the sky train, then the ferry up the river for a total of 82 baht one way or the weekend market for less than that on the sky train).
Great choice for breakfast to set you up for the day and my room was clean and comfortable.
The whole area of sukhumvit is a Bangkok experience in its own right with places to eat and bars with the hotel a 3 minute walk away in the peace and quiet.
A quick tip is that I found the stalls on the streets selling all their goods were cheaper than at the weekend market so use that as a guide before going to the market to barter.
In a nut shell, well done hotel Solo, you're doing it right!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Zoomesy,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback.

We are delighted to read that you had a perfect stay with us here at Hotel Solo. It gives us great pleasure to know that from the moment of your arrival till you left you had a wonderful time. It serves as such an encouragement to us know this as our aim is aways to ensure the highest standard of service only. Your kind comments about the staff being friendly and helpful are most appreciated. I shall ensure that your kind praise is passed on to the team.

We are glad to know you enjoyed our breakfast and found the location to be perfect.

I would like to personally thank you for recommending Hotel Solo.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Had a pleasent stay at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2. The room was comfortable with clean and new amenities. Various TV channel available from many countries. Hair dryer and safe available. Shower pressure bearable but if could be stronger than will be a plus point. Shuttle service is fantastic as able to transport to/from the hotel 24hours. Lobby staffs was wonderful with good english spoken and willingness to assist in all aspect of request.

I had a room changed in my 2nd night stay due to the air conditioning was leaking. The hassle was minimal but if the management would improve on this matter and to prevent future occurence then it will be perfect.

The sky bar and swimming pool is with fantastic view. However I didn't manage to enjoy these facilities as my trips was on a tight schedule to visit around Bangkok.

The hotel should consider future upgrade on its lift security as the lift are able to access to all floors without any security features.

Room Tip: Overall good rooms but with minimal view as the surrounding of the hotels are buildings.
1  Thank Edward L
Dalvir N, Front Office Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Edward L,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor. I understand this is your first review, thank you for choosing Hotel Solo as your first review, we encourage all guest to use Tripadvisor's powerful tool. Thank you for the full scores.

I was delighted to read that you had a perfect stay with us here at Hotel Solo and you were very happy with our spacious rooms and the amenities. Your kind comments about the staff being friendly and helpful are most appreciated. I shall ensure that your kind praise is passed on to the team.

It is our constant aim and effort to ensure a high standard of service to our guests and we leave no stones unturned to provide our guests with our best hospitality and service. Thank you for pointing out areas where there's improvement required, I have well noted these points and will get on it straight away. I apologise for the inconvenienced caused that you had to change your room because of the air-condition issue, the previous room you stayed is now fixed and I've run through all the air-condition on all guests rooms so hopefully this issue won't repeat.

Thank you for pointing out the 24 hours shuttle service to the main road, we encourage all guests to use this service, however some guests love the few mins of exercise to the BTS.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to have the pleasure to serve you again on your next visit in the near future. I would highly recommend for the city view which you requite that you book either the Solo Deluxe or Solo Suite, that way twill be facing the city rather than the building across.

Front Desk