“lovely hotel !”

Ranked #102 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel !”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have only stayed here for one night , but it is a great hotel to stay near nightlife area ! I do not know know how old is this hotel , but it looks pretty much brand new to me ! I have choosed this hotel over Ibis just nearby , which is a great hotel, but I wanted some change since I have stayed in Ibis for many times . Compared to Ibis I like Solo better , the room is slightly bigger , the area is more quite but still walkable distance to the Bts station or there is a free shuttle service running to the main road from the hotel on request. Solo is better value over Ibis because the breakfast is included in the price. Check inn experience was very friendly and professional. There was no problem arriving a couple of hours before check-inn . Wifi seems to be good ! The only negative I can mention is the battery is flat in the deposit box so I was not able to use it.

1 Thank AdventuresOfZolee
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear zolee50,

Thank you for your shining review for Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 It is pleasing to know you enjoyed our facilities and perfect location – they were designed with these key qualities in mind. We are delighted to be your new preferred hotel and very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Our enthusiastic team members will leave no stone unturned, to continue to provide impeccable service.It is our constant endeavor that we meet the expectations of our guests.

In regards to the deposit box we looked into the issue and had all the rooms checked as we needed this amended at the earliest but we found it all functional. Perhaps if you could inform us of the room number you were residing in as I wasn't able to locate your file due to your nickname. Once we have the room number we will reinspect and ensure this will not repeat.

We are humbled to know that you recommend Hotel Solo. We look forward to welcoming you back from your home away from home again.

To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

reservations@solosukhumvit.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 25, 2014

March/April 2014 - I stayed here for one week at the start of my month in Thailand and for 3 nights at the end of my trip. It's a great hotel, modern, clean, great breakfast roof top bar and pool and central to where ever you want to go in BKK as it is in walking distance to 2 BST stations. If your not wanting to walk all the way to the BST a free yuk tuk tuk will take you to the main road ( which is only a 2min walk). The staff are very helpful and friendly. There is no negative about this hotel from me. As a mature age solo traveller I found this place perfect, even the street to the main road I walked in the dark many times and there is nothing to be scared of, and it's far enough away from all the noise so you get a good nights sleep. Next time in BKK I'm booking this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed firstly on the top floor (8th) and second time on the 4th floor both were really good and b...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Ann H
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Ann H,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor. We hope you had an awesome visit to Bangkok "Sukhumvit" vicinity.

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest.

Thank you for complimenting our location and using our shuttle service. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the rooftop bar it sure does have a breathtaking view and also for appreciating the services , as that is what our true aim and motto is ie., pleasing our guests.

We are extremely happy your stay at Hotel Solo has met up with your expectations, your descriptive comments were fun to read. Thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests.It is an pleasing to know that we will be your choice of Hotel again upon your next visit which we are truly waiting for in the near future so that we can make your trip an even more memorable one.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just returned home from a trip to Thailand. Stayed at Solo for the second time and plan to stay again. Very quiet and very clean! Great breakfast and beautiful roof bar/pool.General Manager Dalvir takes fantastic care of his clients! I toid him that was was reluctant to review the hotel because I don't want the secret to get out!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave O
Dear Dave O,

Thank you very much for such a glowing review of Hotel Solo.

The Hotel surely misses you. I am very delighted to know Hotel Solo is your new favourite as this serves a great encouragement for our staff to ensure only the highest standards of service towards our guests. It gives me great pleasure that we could make your stay more satisfying and comfortable during both your visits. We will ensure to secure the same welcome ad service upon your return which our staff and I are looking forward to.

Thank you once again for pointing out all the positive features of our hotel and for recommending us by letting the secret out :)

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had an excellent stay at hotel Solo. The service provided by the hotel, was by far the best service we had during our experience in Thailand.

The staff were so friendly, kind and helpful. The general manager, Dalvir, is a great person and an excellent Manager. All the staff really do care about their guests, as they are always willing to help and give their advice about anything.

The rooms are big and clean, the breakfast is great and the location of the hotel is perfect.

Overall we loved this hotel.

Thank you hotel Solo...

James & Veuda

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear james S & Veuda,

I am very heartened to know that your stay with us left such a lasting impression! Thank you for the great compliments on our rooms and the breakfast spread at Sala di Solo.

Its an utmost pleasure to know that you appreciated our location as we aim to focus on providing our guest with a convenient get away from the hustle bustle streets of Bangkok and yet be close to the streets , to further this convenience we have a 24 hour shuttle service,

Thank you for positively pointing out the service and friendliness of our staff. I will surely pass on this to the team as it will serve as an encouragement to continue to maintain a high standard for all guests.

We are glad to know you are safely back home and your presence here at Solo is truly missed.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future so we can make your trip an even more memorable one.

Thank you for your full score and to all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Very good hotel
general manager Dalvir good. he is here every minute to take care of all guest
Dalvir speaks wieth customer very good for check in and check out very good
staff very nice and very good very loving
mr dalvir very loving man

i get free cappacino big heart best hotel in thailand
this hotel is like coming home

i went to pattaya but its not like hotel solo
this hotel should be a 5 star not a 4 star

Room Tip: my hotel near the lift no noisy room number 504
1 Thank ahmedhamedsoy
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear ahmedhamedsoy,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

We are very delighted to know you were very happy with the hotel and the staff. I am glad to know you were extremely satisfied with the services and I will surely pass on the this kind words to the staff members.
It brings us great joy to know that you felt like home at solo and we are now your new favourite.

We are waiting for you to return to Hotel Solo so we can serve you and make sure you have a more memorable stay.

Thank you for your full score.

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Me and my girlfriend had the pleasure of staying here for two nights and enjoyed every second of it.

It is located a couple of hundred meters from the Skytrain, so its very convenient to get here - and to travel around to what Bangkok has to offer. Transport to- and from sky train can be arranged.

Some of the staff have excellent english-speaking skills (much better than mine). ;) They were very friendly and helpful and made sure our trip was safe and enjoyable. Laundry service was great, some of my shirts have never been ironed so well.

The roof-pool was very nice, and was a great escape from Bangkoks busy streets.

Only negative thing i have to say about this hotel is a small selection of breakfast meals.

The restaurant in the other hand had a great menu and the thai-food was excellent.

If you are staying here I would recommend a restaurant (believe it or not) called Cabbages & Condoms a 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Epic atmosphere and delicious food. Also be shure to check out "check inn 99" a cabaret bar located in the same area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MixMartin
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear MixMartin,

Thank you for the positive review.

We are extremely delighted that you have appreciated our location and the hotel itself. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services have created memories that are meaningful to you. Allow me to share your comments with the Solo team to acknowledge the sincere service that they have delivered in making your stay an unforgettable one.

We are delighted that you found the hotel's rooftop bar and pool ideally relaxing and the view is surely breath taking from there. Thank you for mentioning about the helpful well english spoken staff as our primary aim is to ensure our guests are well undersood and taken care of. We continuously go above and beyond our guests' expectations and we are delighted that our facilities and services have contributed in creating a memorable stay for you.

In regards to the breakfast spread we have amended it and effective as of April we have imported a selection of cheese as well as offering a more elaborate spread of breakfast.

We hope to welcome you and your girlfriend back again so that we can make your trip a more memorable one.

Once again, thank you for your full score.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I've been a regular visitor to Bangkok for many years and had been looking at Hotel Solo for some time. Finally, as a result of the many good reviews I'd seen, I decided to take the plunge and book a stay there. And what a good decision that was. This hotel is really great value for money. Check in was easy and the staff were very friendly. I was even allowed to check in early without any fuss when I arrived before midday.

I stayed in a standard room which was a good size and very clean. The bed was comfortable and there were lots of power points. The shower was also excellent and the toilet was separate from the shower and the sink which was a nice touch.

The pool is very nice with sunbeds alongside and a raised area above with armchairs to relax in the sun. Food and drinks are served from the pool bar in the evening but you can order food during the day by calling down on the phone provided.

One thing I had been a little concerned about was the distance from Sukhumvit road but I needn't have worried. Soi 2 is a very pleasant and quiet street but not far from all the action on Sukhumvit so the location wasn't an issue at all.

Overall I would highly recommend Hotel Solo for anyone who values cleanliness, friendliness, good facilities and value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Brendan R
Dear pascale792014,

Thank you for your shining review for Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 It is pleasing to know you enjoyed our facilities and perfect location – they were designed with these key qualities in mind. We are delighted to be your new favourite hotel and very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.