“Great value, friendly and helpful staff”

Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2
Ranked #99 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Me and my girlfriend had the pleasure of staying here for two nights and enjoyed every second of it.

It is located a couple of hundred meters from the Skytrain, so its very convenient to get here - and to travel around to what Bangkok has to offer. Transport to- and from sky train can be arranged.

Some of the staff have excellent english-speaking skills (much better than mine). ;) They were very friendly and helpful and made sure our trip was safe and enjoyable. Laundry service was great, some of my shirts have never been ironed so well.

The roof-pool was very nice, and was a great escape from Bangkoks busy streets.

Only negative thing i have to say about this hotel is a small selection of breakfast meals.

The restaurant in the other hand had a great menu and the thai-food was excellent.

If you are staying here I would recommend a restaurant (believe it or not) called Cabbages & Condoms a 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Epic atmosphere and delicious food. Also be shure to check out "check inn 99" a cabaret bar located in the same area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MixMartin
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear MixMartin,

Thank you for the positive review.

We are extremely delighted that you have appreciated our location and the hotel itself. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services have created memories that are meaningful to you. Allow me to share your comments with the Solo team to acknowledge the sincere service that they have delivered in making your stay an unforgettable one.

We are delighted that you found the hotel's rooftop bar and pool ideally relaxing and the view is surely breath taking from there. Thank you for mentioning about the helpful well english spoken staff as our primary aim is to ensure our guests are well undersood and taken care of. We continuously go above and beyond our guests' expectations and we are delighted that our facilities and services have contributed in creating a memorable stay for you.

We hope to welcome you and your girlfriend back again so that we can make your trip a more memorable one.

Once again, thank you for your full score.

To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I've been a regular visitor to Bangkok for many years and had been looking at Hotel Solo for some time. Finally, as a result of the many good reviews I'd seen, I decided to take the plunge and book a stay there. And what a good decision that was. This hotel is really great value for money. Check in was easy and the staff were very friendly. I was even allowed to check in early without any fuss when I arrived before midday.

I stayed in a standard room which was a good size and very clean. The bed was comfortable and there were lots of power points. The shower was also excellent and the toilet was separate from the shower and the sink which was a nice touch.

The pool is very nice with sunbeds alongside and a raised area above with armchairs to relax in the sun. Food and drinks are served from the pool bar in the evening but you can order food during the day by calling down on the phone provided.

One thing I had been a little concerned about was the distance from Sukhumvit road but I needn't have worried. Soi 2 is a very pleasant and quiet street but not far from all the action on Sukhumvit so the location wasn't an issue at all.

Overall I would highly recommend Hotel Solo for anyone who values cleanliness, friendliness, good facilities and value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Brendan R

Dear pascale792014,

Thank you for your shining review for Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 It is pleasing to know you enjoyed our facilities and perfect location – they were designed with these key qualities in mind. We are delighted to be your new favourite hotel and very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Our enthusiastic team members will leave no stone unturned, to continue to provide impeccable service.It is our constant endeavor that we meet the expectations of our guests.

We are humbled to know that you recommend Hotel Solo. We look forward to welcoming you back from your home away from home again.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My mum & I stayed there from 7-9 March. Due to the political situation that time, we decided to opt for a more quiet place. Overall, the stay is excellent.

Pros:

1- Comfortable bed (very important) & good air con
2- Delicious breakfast (a bonus), it comes with fried rice, fried vegetables, hot sausages, cereals, fruits & egg with any style. Though its the same throughout the stay, but it's alright as it taste good.
3- Helpful concierge services
4- Bath & toilet are separate by a sink. Good design. Comes with necessary toilette.
5- Free tuk tuk ride from hotel to Ploenchit centre which is 5-10 mins away to Ploenchit Bts

Cons:
1- For travelers with no walking problem, 5-10 mins walk to the bts is no pro. But my mother not so, as there is not escalator up unless we walk further down which may take another 5 mins. Plus weather is really really hot… well… thank goodness taxi is really affordable in bk
2- There is one day when we ordered breakfast from room service. When we return at the end of the day, the cutlery is still there…

Other than that, it's a wonderful stay. Would we stay again? Perhaps. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank blufeathers
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear blufeathers,

Thank you for your kind words for Hotel Solo.

We appreciate your extensive review covering the key points of our hotel. We are delighted to know our rooms and its amenities were appreciated by you and your mother and more importantly our beds were very comfortable rendering to your good nights sleep. We work with diligence to ensure our guest are offered the highest standards with no comprise so when you mentioned the detailed glowing comments of the breakfast it brings us great satisfaction.

In regards to your cutlery not being collected at the end of the day, on a general basis once the cutlery is placed outside the room it is being collected immediately. Under the instance that the room is already been made our house keeping woudlnt know when would be the most appropriate time to collect it. Nonetheless the issue will be surely addressed to our staff and we will deal with it so we can find a more effective way to execute the protocol.

We look foward to your revisit so we can make your trip a more memorable one.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

hidden at the bottom of soi 2 its a pleasant surprise , rooms are good , and the staff attentive and friendly . The pool on the roof is a bonus , for the money its excellent value , look at the others you will see . The only downside is breakfast , its just a theme on an egg , it could be better , hence very good rather than excellent.
yes , its my base in Bangkok , so its my hotel of choice,

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear neilsaunders2012,

Thank you for the positive review.

We are extremely delighted that you have appreciated our location and the hotel itself. We are enjoyed your stay with us and that our services have created memories that are meaningful to you. Allow me to share your comments with the Solo team to acknowledge the sincere service that they have delivered in making your stay an unforgettable one.

We are delighted that you found the hotel's rooftop bar and pool ideally relaxing and the view is surely breath taking from there. Thank you for mentioning about the well designed and spacious rooms as this is our primary aim. We continuously go above and beyond our guests' expectations and we are delighted that our facilities and services have contributed in creating a memorable stay for you.

In regards to the breakfast spread we have amended it and effective as of April we have imported a selection of cheese as well as offering a more elaborate spread of breakfast. Our croissant are usually very soft therefore I apologize on the texture you had o encounter as it could have been an effected batch.

We hope to welcome you back again so that we can make your trip a more memorable one.

Once again, thank you for your full score.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

well, me and my wife just stayed for a night (unplanned stay at bangkok) since we have stayed in phuket for 5days and 4nights, might as well see bangkok for a day. we've gone through websites for different hotels and we've come across hotel solo having good reviews. i can't say much but for a night stay we were pleased with the hospitality of staff and the cool ambience of the hotel. there is a bar on the 8th floor and a swimming pool below it. the hotel is just close to shopping malls (city center), accessible to train stations and there is a rickshaw a guess can use for free from hotel to the main road. the room is clean and the toilet is well maintained, hygienic u can say. a perfect place for short or long stay for a couple or families or for a loner who wants to explore city life of bangkok. thumbs up for this excellent hotel. definitely me and my wife will come back sooner or later.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 8th floor corner suites which is spacious but a/c has to take time before it cools...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear prince_kamal,

Thank you for your shining review for Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 It is pleasing to know you enjoyed our facilities and perfect location – they were designed with these key qualities in mind. We are delighted to be your new choice of hotel and very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Our enthusiastic team members will leave no stone unturned, to continue to provide impeccable service. It is our constant endeavor that we meet the expectations of our guests.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed at Solo for two nights at the beginning of April before flying to Vietnam.

This was a great place to start our travels. The whole hotel is clean and decorated in a modern manner. Our room was large, clean and had all the facilities you could want. The WiFi was fantastic and the air conditioning great. The staff were always willing to help and would ask us what we had planned and make recommendations without 'selling.'

Also, the rooftop bar is a very nice setting for one last drink before heading to bed.

Cannot fault this place and have booked a second stay for our final night in Asia. Looking forward to checking back in.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Ashley,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a gratifying review. Our utmost reward is to hear satisfied guests therefore the whole team and I thank you for your words of praise. I am truly glad to know that Hotel Solo has been your choice of stay during your visit. This will serve as an encouragement to us to keep providing such high standards of service. We are thrilled to know we could offer you comfort , service and satisfaction.

Equally your comments about the ambience , cleanliness and the service of our staff were welcomed with delight We cannot thank our staff enough for reflecting at all times the character of Hotel Solo and ensuring our guests are looked after properly.

We look forward to welcome you back to your home away from home.

Thank you for recommending Hotel Solo.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

So I stayed in the hotel solo twice in 2 weeks when I visited bankok and must say it has every thing you would want a pool, bar restaurant and good size clean rooms, its not the best hotel I have ever stayed in but must be one of the best value, service was probably the best aspect of my stay, we had afew problems which where sorted out A SAP and was even upgraded for one night.

So over all very happy with my stay and would go there again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear charliehounsell,

We would like to extend our appreciation to you for taking the time to write this extensive review on Tripadvisor with regards to your stay at Hotel Solo.

It is a delight to read to emotions that a stay in our hotel has evoked for you as we read with great detail the many aspect that contributed to you overall satisfaction. We are happy to know that you found it value for money with all the requirements being present.

Thank you for recommending hotel Solo and stating your revisit as this is a true encouragement for us to ensure our best ability in service only of the highest standards. We are pleased you pointed out your issues that were being taken care of at the earliest as that is our primary aim always.

Thank you once more for your full score and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.