“Perfect stay at Hotel Solo”

Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2
Ranked #95 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just perfect. We stayed from January 9th for 5 nights at Hotel Solo. It is perfectly located to the Airport, Skytrain, Town, Tourist sights, Food. Just everything. The Staff in the Hotel is very friendly and helpfull. We loved the modern Design and rich breakfast. The Swimmingpool is a small nice place to relax and get new energy for the evening pleasure at Sukhumvit. We booked again and come back on April 7th. Richard Weiss

Room Tip: Its a deadend road and I believe all^rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katharina W
Managersolo, Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Katharina W.
Thank you very much for your positive comment and stay with us totally 5 nights. I'm very happy to hear that your stay was a enjoyable and pleased to know that our strategic location within near distance to the sky-trains was of good convenience for you. Anyhow I hope your comment to be a good channel and convey to our valuable guest in the near future and waiting you coming back to stay with us again on 7th April 2013 " Welcome".

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night and had a lovely time! Room was modern, clean and spacious and the rooftop pool was great to relax at after a busy day in Bangkok. Great location, on a quiet street off Sukhumvit Road, but close to bars, restaurants and markets. We'd recommend Above Eleven on Soi 11, a nearby rooftop bar for a drink in the evening.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah S

Dear Hannah S.
Thank you very much for your comment and choosing Hotel Solo for your stay in Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, I am very glad to hear that you were happy during your stay at our hotel and pleased to know that our hotel's services and facilities had managed to make your stay with us even more comfortable suach as rooftop pool. Thank you again for your kind support is greatly appreciated.
I hope you would stay with us again when you are back in Thailand.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at Solo Hotel a week in January 2013 and I must say I have nothing to complain about... I arrived quite late and was given a smoking room .. Or when I made my reservation through booking.com I have asked for a non smoking room.. the next day as I mentioned it to the desk they changed my room with apologies and put me on an upgrade one.Everything was fine, the staff was very helpful and nice, the room nice and quiet.. It was the first time I went back to BKK , the last one was 10 years ago and I saw many changes but Thai people still stay nice to the tourist.. I am happy to say that I will gladly come back any time and will certainly recommend the Solo to all my traveling friends
JADE

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JADE D

Dear Jade D
Thank you very much for your positively comment and choosing Hotel Solo for your stay during your vacation in Thailand. I am very pleased to hear that our hotel staff's and our services had further made you comfortable and satisfied during your stay with us. We certainly try to help out guest's in any possible way we can so that they would have a more enjoyable stay. Thank you again for your kind words and your support is greatly appreciated. I hope you would stay with us again when you are back in Thailand.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the reviews of others and found them to be all true. Though some complained it is far from the main road, I appreciated it being tucked 300m from the main raod, a chance to quiet down from the bustling city. Shuttles are provided to the main road.

It is modern, clean and chic. There is a power point in the bathroom for shaving, a true bonus in a non-international hotel.
The rooftoop pool is a good hideaway for some peace in busy Bkk. I never knew a pool would come in handy in BKK.

The clientele is also pleasant. In some hotels, it is just depressing early in the morning to see sleazy old men with ladies young enough to be their grand daughters.

All in all, I have nothing to complain about and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WailengP

Dear Weileng P
Warm Greetings from Hotel Solo, Bangkok.
Thank you very much for your comment and choosing Hotel Solo for your stay during your live in Bangkok. I am very glad to hear that you were happy during your stay at our hotel and pleased to know that our hotel's services,facilities and amenities had managed to make your stay with us even more comfortable. Thank you again for your kind words and your support is greatly appreciated.
I hope you would stay with us in Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, again when you are back in Thailand.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in Hote Solo, the hotel is a bit inside in Soi2 in Sukhumvit but they provided buggy service to the main road which was good. The rooms were quite spacious and the bed was the best I got across all hotels. The swimming pool and roof top bar is small but relaxing for a drink. The breakfast is good but repetitive. They also help in arranging sightseeing. Overall good value for money hotel.

Room Tip: I suppose all rooms are similar.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Chshah
Thank you very much for your kind review and choosing Hotel Solo for your stay during your vacation.I am definetly happy to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and you were satisfied with the hotel service and facilities in our room. We certainly try to offer the best service as an affordable price. I am glad that you found our team helpfull for your inquires during your stay. I certainly hope you would stay with us again when you are back in Thailand. Have a nice day in Dubai.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I spent one week in Hotel Solo.

Pros:
- Good location. Quiet area even if it is close to Soi 4
- Call taxi to Skytrain
- Roof bar/swimming pool
- Proper treatment by staff

Cons:
- Everything is smaller than what you can see in the website: my room aroused me the
impression to be smaller, the swimming pool was definetely much smaller than in picture,
same applies for the roof bar
- The furniture and equipment in the room showed traces of have being used by a large
number of guests
- Staff could be more friendly
- Call taxi only from hotel to skytrain but not available when you return to hotel from Skytrain

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tomatecw
Managersolo, Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Tomatecw
Thank you very much for choose to stay at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit and feed back for suggestion. On behalf of Hotel Solo Management team would like to say thank you for the positive comment and willing to improve for the weak point in operation especially, front line service. Thefore, We hope that you will accept our apologize and give me the opportunity to fix and developing. Anyhow we waiting you come back to Thailand and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here for one week in February in room 403.
The Hotel is towards the end of Soi 2.
I did not find the location a problem. There is only a five minute walk to Sukhamvit Road and half way down the road you can cut into soi 4 where all the restaurants and bars are. In fact this was an advantage for me as the soi was so quite I found it hard to believe that I was staying in the centre of a capital city.
I was greeted by a welcome drink by a member of staff and check in was very efficient.
The room I stayed in was of a larger size I have experienced in Bangkok.
There was a flat screen tv, a dvd player and plenty of power sockets to use for a recharge.
There is a huge separate shower with two shower heads.
A separate area with a sink and a mirror and toiletries are replenished daily
There is a separate toilet.
Tea and coffee facilities are provided in the room along with complimentary bottles of water.
The bed is extremely comfortable and sheets and towels are changed daily.
The breakfast is American style which included ham and cheese, rolls, cereals, fruit and some rice and noodle dishes. You could also order an omlette.
The staff were very professinal and had a good understanding of English.
Special mention to the manager Mr Manoon Yulthanawa who introduced himself to me and asked if my stay had been pleasant and the bell boy (I forget his name but he was Burmese) who was always smiling, spoke good English and was always on hand to assist if required.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Solo Hotel represents good value for money and my stay was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Furcoat

Dear Furcoat
Hopefully you have a wonderful day at presently, Greeting from Hotel Solo Sukhumvit2 Bangkok/Thailand. Thank you very much for kind interest and stay with us and enjoyabel during stay as we know that the hotel staff made you comfortable stay. Our service will continue to improve and provide our best to you & our clients. Anyhow in the name of Hotel Solo staff waiting you come back to stay with us again in the near future. " Welcome"

Best reagrads,