“Modern Hotel, Reasonable Price, Good Location”

S31 Sukhumvit Hotel
Ranked #222 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My friend suggested S31 Sukhumvit because of its perfect location. I checked Agoda for deals and was very pleased with the rates I got for 2 nights. I booked myself a deluxe room via Agoda.

Unfortunately, I forgot to specify that I required a room in a no-smoking floor because I am asthmatic. Upon reaching the floor the front desk assigned me to, I discovered right after exiting the elevator that it was on a smoking floor. I didn't bother entering my room and went straight back to the front desk to request for another room. They had run out of deluxe rooms in a no-smoking floor but upgraded me instead to a Junior Suite. I was very pleased with this, considering that they could have pointed out that I did not specify my room requirement during my online reservation.

The hotel is located at the corner of Soi 31 and Sukhumvit, and is just a stone's throw away from the Emporium Mall. It is very near the Phrom Phong BTS station. S31 itself is a quiet street lined with good spas so you need not spend too much on the hotel's own spa services.

Breakfast is good enough. Not bad, not great. But I wouldn't complain. There was sufficient enough to choose from.

My main problems with this hotel:
- While they offer wifi for free in the rooms, they don't really work. As I was there in Bangkok for a very short holiday, I really didn't miss the wifi. But I think that would be a pain for those who need wifi because they want to work on the bed instead of the desk.
- I was also bothered by the blue light coming from the cable box. With the black out curtains drawn, that tiny blue speck of light can be bothersome and you will have little choice but to pull the sheets up to cover your eyes.

Room Tip: I think because of S31's location, any room should be ok. You would either be facing Sukhumvit...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Aggie_Manalac

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We only stayed in this hotel for one night, before going to Samui.
The hotel is very pleasant, with modern furnished & spacious rooms.

I think that if we would have stayed longer we would have take advantage of the hotel' good location.

Room service very good - the food was good and service very fast.

The only minus I would find is the fact that the wi-fi wasn't working although we received the necessary info to access it and also calling the reception desk to point out the problem. Several hours have passed without any change.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anca G
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed at S31 Sukhumvit hotel for 3 nights. The hotel's location is on Sukhumvit Road just at the entrance to Soi 31, halfway between two BTS stations. Emporium shopping mall is 500 meters down the road. Nightlife venues and restaurants of all sorts are nearby. I had a duplex room on a high floor with view over Sukhumvit Road. Being on a high floor, there was no noise from the street. The duplex room was interesting but in the end not really functional. There is no desk in that type of room which is a bit inconvenient for business travellers. The bed was very comfortable and everything in the room worked fine except the access to the complimentary WiFi which initially did not work at all and took two hours to sort out. Check-in procedure was smooth even though some of the staff speak little English. The hotel features nice facilities including a gym, swimming pool and spa. The shape of the pool is not really good for doing laps though. As on arrival I got vouchers for 30 minutes massage, I tried the spa - the massage was very good but treatments from their long list are rather pricey. Cheap and good massages can be found at numerous massage shops in the vicinity. The food at he hotel is just average, the breakfast spread rather limited. The service at the main restaurant could have been better, again some of the staff spoke little English. However, plenty of good and affordable food can be found in hawker stalls and restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel (and all over town).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SeptemberSeven
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We did stay here for 1 night due to a good promotion. We did stay in an Duplex Suite room and it was great! A huge bed and comfortable living room. But I was missing some plugs for my laptop, Wifi was not working and towels in the toilet downstairs would have been nice.

Breakfast was good for me, although for this kind of hotel (and prices) the breakfast buffet is a bit simple (not much choice).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChangNoi1
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I loved this place, firstly its location; if your young, want to go to good clubs and bars, not be harassed walking down the street and enjoy shopping, this is the place to go. I have been to bangkok several times but always stayed by koh san road because i didn't realise there was more to bangkok than that. S31 is based in the nicer side of town, and I loved it from the moment I checked in. I was given a cocktail and popcorn as we checked in, then escorted to my 2 story room with iPod doc, plasma screens and huge bed and bathroom, The staff were so helpful and even in the rain they suggested things to do.

The pool was also fantastic - a plastic clear pool that you can see through makes for excellent photos if you don't have an under water camera and we were lucky enough it was quiet on the day we went outside so we could have heaps of fun taking photos.

The only things that has marked this down from being 5* for me was
1) The Air Con - kept turning its self off so I was waking up really warm
2) The breakfast - I had stayed in the hilton before coming here and it had a lot to live up to and unfortunately it didn't, it was basic and not very tasty.
3) I wasn't asked if I was a SLC member, which I and although they advertised being part of it in the room it was too late to tell them i was a member after check in so I didn't get any points or upgrades but this is hardly the end of the world.

If you are staying here, I really recommend going to terminal 21 shopping, Bed Supperclub for dinner and drinks and getting on the sky train to Nana for a look around! Enjoy!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 16th floor, excellent view!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charli0
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Basically it's a new hotel, the pool was decent as well there's really nothing to complain about. The staff were nice enough and the breakfast was okay. It wasn't very close to any train station, either station required a 10 or 15 minute walk.

The good was the 8ft wide bed which would let you stretch out and the room was pretty big. The toilet wasn't great, the pressure was kinda off and the sink quite a bit of mold, bit shocking cos it's a newish hotel. In general we enjoyed our stay but we won't bother to stay again, it's just too far from a decent mall and the train stations.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ze_succubus
Reviewed June 19, 2012

No complaints whatsoever for the S31. Great location, and the pool is stunning!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple