“Surprising Retreat in Heart of Action”

S31 Sukhumvit Hotel
Ranked #209 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I just returned from a business trip to Bangkok. Someone booked me into the S31 Sukhumvit Hotel so i was just expecting a normal business-type hotel. Was surprised from the moment i arrived. The receptionist on the 8th floor lobby was quite gracious and helpful. The decor was extremely modern and the place smelled heavenly due to the many lemongrass burners located throughout.

When i got to my room, i did a double take. It was actually a 2 storey loft. When you first walk in, you walk past a small but functional kitchenette and guest bathroom. There is a decent sized sitting area with double storey high windows. The windows overlook a condo with swimming pools on every floor. Amazing!

Anyway, back to the room. You have to go upstairs for the bedroom and bathroom. The bed is super-huge - like 2 queen beds joined together. It was perched in a comfortable loft area. The bathroom had a big bathtub, separate shower area with rainshower heads.

To be honest, the room was a bit big for me and I decided to leave my heels downstairs and had to lug up my suitcase to the second level. Would have been nicer if my husband or family was with me.

The decor was beautify, room was comfortable; bed linens soft and comfy. The lights were not well designed (it seemed like they paid attention to how the overall furnishings looked, but not to the lighting and usability). Sink area wasnt well lit enough, and it took me about 5 minutes every night to figure out which light switches to turn off the lights!

Breakfast was OK. Staff were friendly. Location was fantastic - close to 2 malls (not that I had time to visit), and the BTS and MRT. Room service was decent, and i managed to squeeze in a Thai massage one night, which was heavenly. Note that there is a much cheaper Thai massage place on the ground floor but closes at 8 pm.

I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: had the duplex suite, which is great for couples or families but may be too big for 1 person
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JellyBug
There are newer reviews for S31 Sukhumvit Hotel

Reviewed June 2, 2012

The hotel S31 at Sukhumvit Road is one of the best business hotels which I've visited. Very friendly staff that does everything for you and for your care . I had a super room with downstairs living area and upstairs bedroom and bathroom, on the 8th floor is a nice pool partially of glass. I recommend this hotel everyone in the middle of bustling Bangkok.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Hanskrake
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this hotel, after arriving on a long journey from Canada.

We found the staff to be very polite and helpful, always smiling, opening doors for you, etc. The check-in counter is not on the main level, but on the 9th floor. The check-in process was fairly quick, and our luggage was delivered to our room very shortly after arriving. Our room was unique, in that it was 2 levels, with the main bath and bedroom upstairs, and a sitting area, powder room and kitchen area on the main level. The front of the room had floor to ceiling windows, which provided a nice view of the city.

We found the breakfast to have a wide variety. We made use of the swimming pool, and enjoyed this as well.

This hotel is located a short walk away from the skytrain.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I were there twice in 2011, both times as part of our vacation. Two nights the first time and three nights the second time. The 2-level room was amazing with great views. The service was awesome. Buffet breakfast was included in the price, which allowed you to try things you wouldn't normally taste on your own. The location was within walking distance of two malls. The concierge were fantastic. The restaurant on the top was amazing, very intimate. Close to tailors, restaurants, massages and anything else you want. We will be going back in late 2012 and will be definitely staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheri H
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the S31 for a night. The hotel is within walking distance to 2 malls, The Emporium and Terminal 21. The duplex room was spacious but not very cozily decked out. It was very much like staying in an apartment for the night. Breakfast was ok but not great. Selection was quite limited. Front desk service was nice and warm, typical of what you'd expect in Thailand. The concierge who handled our taxi requests seemed slightly carefree and slack. He disappeared halfway and did not assist us in getting our taxi. It was a disappointing end to our stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I like the welcome of the staff while check in as well the service, I do recommend this hotel because of location, room and rate.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank MAHMOOD A
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Fantastic service, special accommodation in two levels and huge bed! We booked it very late, so the price was good. We recommend this hotel to friends, maybe not to families with small children. There is no availability for people in wheelchair or the like. Restaurants are reached by elevator.