“Too Bad - Totally different from the website pages”

Banglumpoo place Guesthouse
Ranked #361 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I should review this hotel on Trip Advisor before I made a booking.
I booked the room through Agoda.com and upon arrival the room and hotel area was unacceptable…Dirty and was not safety at all.

We immediately cancelled it the staff said “other guest can stay, and did not see any problem for other guest. As the rule of booking you will not get any refund. You can do what ever you want as this is the rule.” Ohh!!!! I hope you will get success on your business so far.

I do not expect for this hotel to improve any thing but dear all traveler please consider before you book sometime picture on the website is FAKE…..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mytravelling

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Found the accommodation to be very reasonably priced, much higher quality that any of the hostels etc. on or near Khao San Rd and the staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay there again if I wanted to be near but not on top of all the action!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank CriticalC
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights. The staff is very friendly and the room is new and big.
Recommend for backpackers. The location is on the main road near the bus stop. It is very convenient to go Grand Palace, Wat Po, JJ market...
Bus to airport is 150 Bath/person.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank John-JCT1915
Reviewed February 1, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel we were met by a disinterested member off staff who required immediate payment despite not even seeing our room. After payment had been taken we were given a room key and pointed in the direction of our room. There was no mention that the lift was out of order or any offer to help us with our bags, we soon realised why as we climbed our way to the 5th floor. The pictures make the rooms look much nicer than they are in reality. It was clean enough but not the modern rooms shown in the pictures and the hotel had an uneasy feel about it, I didn't feel particuarly safe thoughout our stay and in my opinion there are much nicer places to stay in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I actually stayed at Banglumpoo place for a month. It was cheap enough, they kept reducing the price every week which was decent. Okay there is no room service but it is a guest house nothing fancy. The rooms and toilets were clean in my experience. I stayed in a fan room where there was no A/C and it was big double bed, little balcony, was pretty decent.
There was a water cooler downstairs in the before mentioned parking lot where I would buy water for hardly anything per litre.
It was not the Ritz but by the last week and half I was only paying 350 baht, and it was the best you can get for that price and believe me I've looked. But go and check out other hotels before you go in to any hotel.
IF YOU DON'T FEEL THE VIBE DON'T GO IN!! Follow your instinct and you will be happier.

Room Tip: I would go for the 2nd floor rooms i think they are decent. The fan rooms are the same quality as th...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulramble
Reviewed March 11, 2011

one lady service make very bad service for guest. she speak not good, I promise no need to come this place again

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2010

The website of the hotel makes it look like a clean looking place, but the reality couldn't be further from the truth.

The rooms are situated at the back of some horrid looking blocks and you have to pass through a seedy looking car park to get your room. My room smelt musty and unclean. The shower looked it hadn't been cleaned for days nor did the sheets and towels. As for modern, well forget it, the bed was old as was the rest of the furniture. I was offered one of these rooms when the more expensive ones they had under the name of Rooms @ Bkk had no wi-fi connection (the rooms here were equally as bad).

I had a look at the rooms but they were horrid. They smelt musty, the furniture was really old and and the bathroom mouldy. I noticed there were ants running around the edge of the windows. Needless to say I didn't take the room and instead demanded a refund. It took me a half hour of argueing with the incredibly rude owner. What a joke. Avoid it like the plague. There are so many better places near Kho San Road for around the prices of 700 to 850 baht they were charging for here. Try Erawan House where it has good reviews.

By the way, they also advertise themselves under the name of Rooms@bkk. Its the same thing only difference is they think they can charge more because they have put up some new wallpaper!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo