“Surprisingly a great hotel choice for families”

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #24 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed in a duplex pool entry room with my husband and two sons (aged 7 and 4yrs). We have visited Bangkok many times and each time try to experience a different hotel. This trip I chose the Siam Kempinski mostly for its location, but it turned out to be perfect for so many more reasons.

The room was perfect because it allowed my husband and I to have the privacy of an upstairs adults retreat with full bathroom and living room and the children to have downstairs which also had its own bathroom and television etc. The hotel staff had set-up two rollaway beds in front of the television and the boys were in heaven.

Direct pool access was another valuable addition. We were able to sit on our little deck and watch the boys swimming right outside our room. No need to drag towels and sunscreen etc through the corridors of the hotel.

The room came with free minibar and club lounge access. We had breakfast every morning in the club lounge and the staff were very attentive and kind to our children. The club lounge also offered excellent canapes and drinks in the evening. There was a sandwich bar which is not something I have seen before.

The one thing the Siam Kempinski offers families, which to my knowledge no other hotel in Bangkok does, is free kids club. The staff in the kids club were lovely and available to babysit outside of the kids club hours at a very reasonable price (half that of some of the other Bangkok hotels we have stayed at).

Another huge bonus was that the gym is open 24hrs. When the children woke me at 3.30am (6.30am in Australian time) I was able to do an early morning workout in an empty gym - heaven!

Finally, I must comment on the location. Being in the middle of some of Bangkok's best shopping made it super easy to duck out for short shopping trips without spending long periods of time in traffic getting there and back. The location also places you in the midst of some amazing restaurants, both fine dining and casual. The Siam Aquarium is in the Siam Paragaon next door and we spent a half day there. The kids loved it and it was so nice to be able to return to our hotel within minutes when we had finished.

If you are travelling with children you will not regret choosing the Siam Kempinski. It is the perfect hotel for adults and children.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,324)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Located just next to siam centre and siam paragon which fullfilled most of our needs. The atmosphere in this hotel was great and the breakfast was fantastic. The housekeeping staffs cleaned the bathroom, replaced towels and tidied up the sheet whenever we went out to ensure we had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bobo_Po1234
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Located just behind Siam Paragon, Siam Kempinski is a stomne throw away from MBK and Siam Square. The hotel design is grand and comfortble. The rooms come with free mini bar beverages. Shuter service by a buggy to near by places: Siam BTS, Central World and Isetan. The staff are all very friendly and proactive. They are very helpful and informative too. Wifi is free and very fast speed. Kempinski provides comfortable and excellent service at a price. The rate is not cheap for a hotel in Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This was the second time my husband and I stayed in this hotel. The service was even better, when we walked in, we immediately greeted by a lady and I told her I wanted to check-in, she asked us to take a seat, took our passport and said she will check-in for us. Then we were served with some cold drinks and cold towels. Within ten minutes, the lady came back and asked for our signature. Then showed us to our room which was the same room we stayed last time! I love this hotel, so convenient, just crossed the side street, and that was Siam Paragon.
Their breakfast was very good, too, there were choices of waffles, sausages and eggs you can order from the menu which was included in the breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed one night only. Allowed us to check in at 10am. Had executive room with club room access. Food was great, room was lovely, pool and surrounds excellent and breakfast was also great. We found the staff sophisticated and helpful. This hotel is very well run and they have thought of everything. It was a true 5 star experience. (incidentally we moved from the Shangri la, which we have stayed at many times before, for our last night and we now have a new favourite)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Beautiful hotel, conveniently located beside Siam Paragon and Siam Center, 5 minutes on foot to Central World. We stayed in a suite . When learned that it's on the 1st floor, I was a bit worried about the noise. Such worries was not justified.Very quite. The suite is spacious and nicely decorated. Buffet breakfast ... Can't complain. You have lots of variety to choose from. They even serve hummus, Pete bread.
Staff are all very helpful and they can communicate in English fluently. No problem.
I will always come back to this fabulous hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YildizChoi
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have visited Bangkok with my friend and decided to stay at Siam Kempinski as my friend recommended.

Things I liked;
- Check-in while seating at Lobby Sofa. Front Officer came to me and took my passport and crdit card to do my check-in while I was enjoying welcome drink at sofa.
- Spacious and 'grand' lobby with live band / piano play.
- Room (Room Number 663) facing swimming pool. Very spacious and bathroom and toilet separated. It had big bath tab as well.
- Balcony with charis and table. I was able to enjoy reading and drinking there.
- Free mini-bar with daily refil. Thai local beer was also part of it.
- Pool bar with courtecious staff.
- Custom Made breakfast
- Right next door to the Siam Paragon Shopping Center. Was able to walk to train station by going through SIam Paragon.
- Free buggy service to Central World Shopping Center.
- Big gym with enough equipment.

Things I didn't like;
- Accessibility to the Hotel by car - it is surrounded by shopping center and only narrow road is leading from the main street to the hotel. Threfore, it takes very long time to get to the hotel if you take taxi or car. It took about 15-20 mins from Main Street.
- Breakfast menu limited - the quality of breakfast was good and Champaine was also there. However, the variety of the food are lesser compare to the other hotels.
- Night time accesibility - After 2200hrs, as Siam Paragon closes, it will be very difficult to walk to the hotel from BTS train station. You need to walk narrow dark street for 10 mins to get to the hotel.
- Swimming Pool - are accessible from some rooms directly which made me uncomfortable as i had to swim right in front of their room.
- The coffee maker had dirty water in it with some dead bugs in it.

I had wonderful hotel stay and didn't have anything unpleasant while I was there. All the things I didn't like was also bearable. THink of the price I've paid, maybe that's the standard I had to expect.

If I go to the Bangkok, I will stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014