“This Aussie just loves Siam Kempinski”

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #24 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed in your beautiful hotel in March 2013, no Aussies had heard of it or knew much about it, but I decided I would try something different, I have since passed this on to many people including travel agents, why because the service, the location was outstanding, breakfast was just amazing, pool service outstanding along with their poolside menu and cocktails. The rooms were so clean, beds gorgeous, bathroom outstanding, not much to say bad about this hotel. After being in the streets of Bangkok, shopping and etc, it was such a pleasure to go back to our little paradise in the middle of such a busy city. We were on the 4th floor which was lovely with a pool view but would definately book next time a pool access room, worth the little extra after a hard days shopping. Thanks Siam Kempinski

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and go for the pool access room, it is so very hot and so nice to have a quite littl...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,359)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Given the plethora of hotels in Bangkok, saying it is the best is quite a statement. However, having stayed in most of the hotels here and having stayed at Kempinski a dozen times - it remains my all time favourite. For a start the location is perfect. Placed right next to Siam Paragon and a buggy ride (free) to other nearby malls, you are set in retail heaven. The hotel is simply stunning, the quality of finish impressive - the more you go, the more you notice the touches - mother of pearl tiles in the bathrooms, beautiful flower displays. It is opulent without being gawdy, it is airy and welcoming. The best part is that not being too high, you dont feel like you are in some tower block. In fact with its several pools in the heart of the complex it almost feels like resort and yet you are only steps away from the bustling metropolis. The service is excellent - I have never ever had any complaints. Staff are courteous, attentive and forward thinking. The rooms are well appointed, and well sized. Large baths, lovely showers, comfortable and huge beds. With its own balcony you can sit and enjoy the sun - those on the ground floor even have direct access via steps to the pools. The food is excellent and one of the best breakfasts ever. However, it doesnt have a hip and happening bar - so this isnt somewhere you hang out in the bar. Lots of other places for that. Only other minor issue is that the traffic here can be horrendous - but again as most things are within a walk or buggy distance thats not a major concern. The spa is pricey as one would expect but then again you get a real luxury experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank James T
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Absolutly best luxury hotel in the center of Bangkok. It located in walking distance from shopping centers. We had magnificent weekend's rest Our small kids liked swimming pool and mini-club. BUT! I want to be again the client of this hotel and I hope that the management will consider my criticism on the future: it seems to me inadmissible in hotel of such class, that clients would stand in a queue for a breakfast. High ocupancy should be a responsibility of managent, but not the time waist of the guests. We were lucky to be invaited by our friends(who staid in suite) to have a breakfast with them in premium londge. But there we'd got other disappointment. Long time waiting for food. For better service we can accept waiting, but we were supriced when our children(4 kids) received there food 30 minites later than adults. When I asked employe why they not prepair food for the kids first, we received very humiliating for us reply:" we are have many guests. By the way one of your rooms category is not allowed to eat here, but we won't bill you for a breakfast"(no comments). Nevertheless, this only misunderstanding with a breakfast because of which our children didn't manage to swim in the pool in the morning, didn't spoil the general impression about hotel.

Room Tip: For best relaxation book the rooms on ground floor to have terrace in the garden, or CABANA rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Overall I would give it a thumbs up, I have actually read a few review saying it was bad, I really have no idea how that came about. My experience of Kempinski Hotel Bangkok was really good. My mum enjoyed the royal spa package which she said she felt like royalty, they way they serve. Naturally for such a great establishment, we expected nothing less. Room was nicely design and room service was twice a day. There was an expresso machine much to my liking and the mini bar was complimentary. Internet in the room was complimentary too. I dine at the restaurant, I had the pork loin. It was good. Talking about it makes me hungry. Overall stay was fantastic will shopping just a skip and a hop away. Would I return, OF COURSE!

Room Tip: I am not too sure about the other rooms but the premier room at the left wing was quiet and peaceful...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days and got more than I could ask for.

The staff was very polite and helpful and always wear a smile. The lobby is very spacious and grand with high-ceiling. Surprisingly, I got an upgrade to a suite after checking in. That was very impressive and one of a kind in the city. I picked this hotel for its resort feel in downtown Bangkok. The suite comes with a garden and pool view and i think same goes with every room.

I was also impressed by the saltwater pool in particular which is very unique. There is even fresh fruit provided by the bar near the pool. You can even enjoy the breakfast in the garden.

The suite was a very large, spacious and comfortable room. Bedroom and bathroom are especially big. fresh fruits are provided every day.

A lot has been said about its central location and it is right near Siam Paragon and Siam Center and only a few minutes walk to BTS station. But when returning to hotel at night after Paragon mall is closed, you have to walk along the narrow pathway outside the mall and it's a little inconvenient.

Room Tip: rooms and suites on the east wing have better view of the garden
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went here and stayed 5 nights on our recent school holiday. We had a pretty long journey from Perth via Singapore so when we finally arrived here, it was just like an oasis in the dessert. We arrived about 9 pm in the evening, my daughter was asleep. Lucky, check in was great, they served us with a welcome drink, as my daughter woke up, one of the FO handed her a little elephant, that made her smile. FO sent us to our room, then a few minutes later our bags arrived, so we can have a shower and go the bed. Hotel pool was great, my daughter loved it so much. I think we spent most of our holiday by the pool and being lazy, which was nice. Last 2 days of our holiday my daughter decided to go to the kids club, supprised she loved it, she spent hours there did some craft and other activities, she had lunch there too was too easy for us!! We would like to thank the Kids club staff: Bea and crew. They were so friendly to our daughter and she kept all the activities that you and her made together. Yes, we highly recomend this place for family and will stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I'm not going to post a complaint letter here, as the hotel don't even bother to reply.

Check in was slow.
Housekeeping keep on forgetting to refill items.
Concierge is hopeless x 100.
Front desk foreign staffs are impressively, exceptionally DREADFUL.

Great cabana pool access rooms is heartless.
“not a 5-star experience”
Need to think about coming back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family