“Great location and Impressive room!”

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #23 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is my second stay at the hotel. The room is spacious, with modern design and beautiful decorations. I love the bathroom which seems seamless with the room because it is only separated by a glass wall and you can comfortably watch tv while taking a bath! and off course if you have company in the room, they can also see whatever business you are doing in the bathroom. Not to worry, if you are the shy type(even by yourself) you can pull down the screen for privacy.
I went to the Thai restaurant in the hotel for dinner( Sorry forgot the name of the restaurant). If
you are not in a hurry and love experimenting with Thai fusion food, this is the place. I assure
you the food is unique and they really put all their creavity and talent to make Thai delicacies even more interesting.

The service is great and they escort you to the room and explain all the facilities in the room and carbonated drinks in the room is free. Another plus would be it soooo near to shopping complexes in particular Siam Paragon which is only accross the street. If this hotel is not so pricey I would certainly stay here more often. Oh well! you pay for the quality...

Room Tip: higher floors for better view and less noise from the streets.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RosSu

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Prior to arrival, I had several correspondences with the Chief Concierge Khun Theerasak to request for restaurant recommendations, assist in making reservations and requests for bike tours in and outside of Bangkok. I was very impressed with the information and service provided. I also had correspondences with the Duty Manager, Khun Jaruwan who was very helpful and informed me of the cooking class offered for kids in the Kid's Club, which we signed up for.
Upon arrival, I was very pleased with the warm welcome and prompt check-in. The rooms are fabulous. Very high end, clean and comfortable.
Housekeeping was very good. They added little touches like changing our fruits everyday, leaving cookies and milk before bedtime for my 2 boys, etc...
Location is very good. Close to the Siam BTS which has 2 lines. Being very central, traffic is very congested around the area, especially coming in. BTS is recommended!!
We were there during a very busy time (after Christmas to New Year) and the breakfast was very crowded and busy. They opened the Thai Resto as an alternative breakfast place which was more quiet, subdued and had better service.
The gym is very complete, clean, nice and great service too! Check with the hotel for the schedule of classes.
I would recommend that they re-look at what they have to offer for New Year's Eve. It would need a little more excitement and she-bang. It would also help if the hotel provided hats and horns in the room on the 31st of Decemer to add to the atmosphere.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and won't hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

You cannot beat the location unless you want to stay right at the river, but this hotel is very centrally located. The giant Siam paragon mall is literally a 2-minute walk from the hotel, yet the hotel is surrounded by luscious gardens on one side and is very calm despite being in the hub of Bangkok.
New and modern rooms, impeccable and clean! The rooms are really comfortable and amenities are of top quality- what you would expect from a very good Kempinski. Nice reception and lounge area and the gym is very good and functional. Internet was perfect throughout the hotel.
The pool area is very nice and once seated you get a cold towel, a bottle of water and stick of fruits- yummy. You want to choose your pool seats carefully since the sun disappear early in the afternoon from parts of the area due to buildings that block sunlight around the pool.
The rooms as I mentioned were very clean and you almost never see the cleaning staff althoug the room seemed to be ready and clean the minute we walked in and out!
Now come two points I did not appreciate and they are probably both linked to the same reason:
1/ The receptionists that welcomed us kept telling us about welcome drinks that will arrive, but they never made it although we were sitting and waiting for our rooms in the lounge area for a considerable amount of time.
2/ The breakfast area in the morning was so packed it was intimidating and the service was very poor: cold coffee after waiting for a long time to be served, very crowded buffet and an agitated staff that is obviously under stress from the dozens and dozens of huge families that flocked together for breakfast. I should point out that I stayed at this hotel just after the new year, so it appears that they hotel was at full capacity and that the services could not follow. So I really recommend that they train their staff to handle a very large breakfast area and because it was holidays the amount of people was significant so I sympathized with the staff. The very next day I started having my breakfasts at the lounge/club floor and it was like night and day- perfect and up to the standards of services expected.

Room Tip: From the sixth floor, probably fifth too, and above you have very nice views of the sky-line and try...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Flying M
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Lady in Red Concierce service was wonderful. Jia arranged with the chefs(who came out personally to talk with me) to have gluten free fare at the hotel restaurants and the breakfast buffet. She also printed a card in Thai describing the gluten free diet to present to outside restaurants as well.
I am very sensitive to gluten and did not get "glutened" at all during my stay there.
This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank e f
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip and was told by our local Thai team that this hotel claims to be 6 stars... I believe it! From the car service in 7 series BMW, to the check-in in my room, to the lovely touches (like fruit in the room and a free minibar), everything was tasteful and luxury. I even loved my in-room toiletries. The staff were extremely professional and accomodating- and I loved the sleek uniforms that included a cape for the women. The included breakfast buffet was delish and i only wished I hadn't been on a business trip so I could have spent some time at the restful pool. Next time!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cdb1127104
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was a 5 star experience - from hassle free check in, beautiful rooms and bathrooms, restaurants, swimming pools, kids club, and the overall service we received including the "little extras" - giving my daughter a silk elephant toy upon arrival, lots of fruits everyday in our room, a chocolate sculpture and other nightly things they put in our room, choice of pillows for your bed, free mini bar, breakfast til 11:00 AM, and the option of having it in the coffee shop or at the Sra Bua restaurant. They also provide a golf cart for your use during your stay.
We also had a wonderful dinner at Sra Bua. One of the best dining experiences I've ever had and well worth the 2,500+ baht per head. I think this is a must for all foodies.
The Paragon Mall is across the street from the hotel as well.

Room Tip: Mostly all the rooms face the pool. There are some rooms with balconies and some without. So do make...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We pre-arranged a BMW 7 Series airport transfer for 2,800 baht and was swiftly driven to the hotel in comfort (the in-car wifi was especially convenient). Upon arrival, we were greeted by name and shown to our Executive Room on the 9th floor for an in-room check-in.

The entire check-in process was very efficient and everything we needed to know about the hotel/room was explained to us. Taking a step back, the first impression of Siam Kempinski is simply stunning, the extremely tall ceiling, grand lobby and fine detail to the decor adds a luxurious yet comfortable feel to the hotel.

Our room was spacious, clean, modern, everything you'd expect from a true 5 star hotel (certainly at the upper-end of 5 stars). The private balcony overlooking the pool was a nice addition. Fresh tropical fruits were provided each day as well as complimentary mini-bar. High-speed wifi is also free for Exec Rooms (otherwise 600 baht per day).

Breakfast at the Executive Lounge on level 17 was partially a la carte together with a selection of food in buffet style. The lounge itself is comfortable and doesn't feel too busy, staff are attentive. If I really wanted to pick on things, an area for improvement would be the selection on offer at breakfast, the food was the same for all 5 night stay and even breakfast at the lobby restaurant offered the same food as the lounge.

The gym is extremely well equipped and opens 24 hours. Separate male and female steam, sauna and spa is available in the changing rooms. Even though the gym is opened to paying members as well as hotel guests, it doesn't feel busy at all.

Siam Paragon is literally next door, 1 min walk to the Ground level next to the car park entrance. Shops open from 10am (but most after 11) and there are plenty of food options. The hotel offers buggy service to Central World which is about 5 mins away, or walking on the sky bridge will take no more than 15 mins. Siam Centre was closed for renovations, re-opening in Jan 2013 but you can walk through a car park from Paragon through to Siam Discovery. There are plenty of shops around Kempinski and we never had to step out of Siam.

The on-site thai restaurant Sra Bua is definitely worth a try. The 10 course meal was fantastic - thai food at its best (just under 2,000 baht for hotel guests), add another 950 for cocktail pairing. Definitely comparable to the likes of Sala Rim Naam over at Mandarin Oriental.

The Spa on level 7 was alright but not convincing enough to justify the much higher price compared to other spas around. Definitely worth a go but my recommendation would be Spa Cenvaree over at Centara Grand.

Overall, of the 16 mainly 4-5 star hotels I've stayed in 2012 around the world, Siam Kempinski wins the best overall hotel for me personally. Will be very happy to stay here again on our next trip to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Opt for the Executive Room or if budget allows, the Cabana Rooms with direct access to the pool. Bug...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple