“Fabulous”

Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #25 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This has to rate as the best hotel I have ever been in. The entracne hall takes your breath away and the service is exceptional. I was made to feel like I was being met by family. The location next to the Paragon is great but also easy access to the sky train and Siam Square. We were given some very helpful tips by the concierge which led us to a couple of great restaurants and provided us with usefull knowledge on how to use taxis and Tuk Tuks.
The choise at breakfast was endless and the level of service the best we have ever encountered.
The same can be said for all the other facilities offered by the hotel.
The in house Thai restaurant is not the cheapest we have visited but was worth every penny. 11 courses of the best food we have ever been served.

1  Thank sauzee092
There are newer reviews for Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is about my 6th stay at the Siam Kempinski hotel. Returning here so many times is quite obvious: the hotel is quite incredible in many respects, not least in its excellent service and wonderful atmosphere inside the lobby and rooms and outside in the garden and its wonderfully designed pool (but my son doesn’t like the pool at all, showing how individual things really are!). My son and I stayed 3 nights in an executive room, which meant we had access to the executive lounge that includes a sumptuous buffet/a la carte breakfast (a culinary delight), afternoon tea, and evening cocktails. We paid about 8000 baht/night, so in my view the price is reasonable considering all the amenities that are included. The room is done very exquisitely and this includes the bathroom area as well (two of the walls are glass from floor to roof, but don’t worry your privacy is kept secured thanks to the push of a button. The bed is very comfortable. One irritating point is the poor quality of the free Internet service at the hotel. Not only is it rather slow, but also unstable at times. We paid 600++ for the “business” Internet, but to our great surprise, this was no better. We called the executive lounge staff and complained but it didn’t seem to help much, if at all. I don’t believe we had to pay the 600++ fee (and later we learned this service was free in our package though we were not told this upon check-in!). I can highly recommend the hotel’s Thai restaurant. One of the owners is Danish and has a similar restaurant in Denmark (Michelin 1 star). The gym is nicely equipped and offers a very pleasurable workout thanks to excellent equipment and a pleasant environment. Perhaps one of the outstanding features of the hotel is its location: First, it is very close to the BTS station Siam, making travel convenient (better to take the BTS if possible than a taxi). Second, Siam Paragon, an upscale shopping mall and department store (plus a lot more- restaurants, movie theaters, and Siam Ocean World, one of the largest indoor aquariums), is just across the street from the hotel. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys a high standard of living and are willing to pay for it, but still at a price that won’t ruin you, i.e. a good value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed at the executive room on this trip and it was nice in that it entitled us to the executive...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lshapspro
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel is located at the centre of Bangkok next to the Siam Paragon. The location is extremely convenient and you can reach the BTS station by just a few minutes walk through the shopping mall. The hotel room is clean and modern. All the drinks in the mini bar are free and will be replenished every day. The pool is big compared to other city hotels. The restaurants serve great food especially the Sra Bua Thai Restaurant.

In conclusion, the hotel is a bit pricey but worth it.

Room Tip: Some rooms have direct access to the pool which is perfect for swimming lovers.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Central location in the shopping district. We had a fantastic stay with our two little kids here. Amazing lobby and entrance area with personal check-in experience and excellent service and very attentive staff. Whilst we were sitting in comfortable chairs away from the reception desks enjoying our welcome drinks the attentive check-in staff did all the formalities in the background and came back a few minutes later to escort us to our room.
The pool landscape has a very nice layout with some rooms having direct acces to the pool. Area seemed a bit crowded over the Christmas period but otherwise very nice.
Breakfast was one of the best that I had in a while and the in-house restaurants are excellent as well but obviously more pricey than restaurants outside.
After having problems with local taxis who never seem to take the direct route to earn some more cash which leaves you stuck in traffic, we resorted back to using hotel provided transfers for our day trips which is slightly more expensive but you don't have the extra hassle and can relax and enjoy your holiday.
The hotel has a free kids club where you can leave your little ones for a while as well.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Marco H
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have stayed 5 times already in this hotel and each time it just gets better, have already written a review about this hotel.....right from the pick up from the airport in 7 series BMW to check in to breakfast to spa it just amazing!!!!!

1  Thank Vindav
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our stay in this gorgeous (though expensive) hotel didn't disappoint as we walked in the grand lobby after our tiring flight with 2 little boys. The pools were gorgeous & expansive, plenty of spaces & I guess it helped as there were not too many people either! There were always plenty of loungers available & endless supplies of pool towels around. The staff was also terrific in providing an excellent service by providing complimentary water bottles & fruit sticks for the kids.

For our 8 night stay, we opted for the 2 bedrooms suite located in the Siam Kempinski Residences, which is located at the back of the hotel but still within the the establishment with our separate lifts & breakfast resto called Bistro which is normally quieter than the hotel side for all the hotel guests, which was handy with 2 little ones in hand. The suite itself is clean, tidy & beautifully decorated. Our suite had 2 separate bedrooms, each with its on ensuite, (only one with a bath tub) but with a toilet in each. Then there was a space for a study area, a sitting area with a lounge, a round dining table for 4 & a kitchenette complete with utensils (for both cooking, meal preparations & complete sets of dining plates, etc), a coffee machine, a kettle, a dishwasher as well as a washing machine/dryer combo which I absolutely appreciated as we tend to have more washing with our little boys in tow! The rooms are nicely set with ample bathroom amenities, bed was nice & comfy, though I found their pillows to be too soft for my liking. Everything was provided for including a safe, bathrobes, slippers, fluffy white towels, overall a great complete service. The lounge & each room are equipped with smart TV's as well.

The staff around the establishment were very nice, polite & very friendly, most spoke good English & very kind to our boys. The hotel also offers "on the spot" shuttle services on their golf carts for any guests wanting to venture out to other malls such as Siam Discovery or Central World, otherwise Siam Paragon mall is only a short walk across the hotel away where you can get everything & anything in one huge place. This place can easily be crowned as one of the city's BEST LOCATED HOTEL!!

We didn't have any meals in any of their restaurants except for breakfast every morning. The variety if meals available was ample with hot/cold meals available in the buffet meal style & the cooked to order eggs/waffles/pancakes were wonderful & delicious. Again, wonderful & friendly staff are commendable, especially as their warmth towards our little ones by making them welcomed always.

Both our boys absolutely loved the Kids Club which are staffed with great & friendly ladies who speak good English - open from 8am to 6pm. The Club is very well equipped with games like WII, PC's with internet movies, toys & excellent activities like drawing, colouring in, arts & crafts, puppet theatre, etc. The Club caters for children from the age of 3-12, however younger kids are welcome but must be accompanied by another adult (they can arrange for a nanny for 300 baht/hour). We used this service over 2 days & as the Club was not that busy they just kept 3 permanent staff & allocate one of them to oversee our 22 month old, which worked out wonderfully.

Overall, I would recommend this place to families & travellers, although the top notch services & well-maintained establishment come with a price, you will not regret the decision, as everything was made to make your stay a comfortable & happy one. We would definitely come back here on our next trip to Bangkok!

Thank you for your warm hospitality Siam Kempinski!! <3

Room Tip: The Cabana Suites looks great as they have access straight to the pools...but not for those with lit...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ashton168
Reviewed October 15, 2012

One of the most grand hotel I ever been.
I walked in to check in, the receptionist took my passport and credit and ask me to sit at the lounge and wait. 5 mins later, she came back. provide me all the details and complete the registration without me standing and waiting for her to punch in data. Than she escort me to the room, Ask if i was satisfy, and if not I can switch.

The hotel was huge and next to a BIG shopping mall. And also a few shopping malls in the neighborhood. Basically, my wife and I can spend 5 days and still not covered the surrounding.
The room was modern and spacious, very grand.

During the stay, it was my wife's birthday. When we got back to the room that night. There was a birthday cake, and card. Very surprise and warm feeling.

It was very closed to the mass transit.

It worth every penny.

Room Tip: I asked if they have other rooms available during registration, and they offer me different choices...