“A Homely Surrounding Hotel !!”

Washington Suite Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Washington Suite Hotel
Ranked #812 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Phayao City, Thailand
“A Homely Surrounding Hotel !!”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I have been staying at Washington Suite for the past 15 years on and off when I come to Thailand. I found the best part to be the location of the Hotel. It is walking distance to Big C Supermarket and various other Gold Shops and 7 Eleven's. You can order Pizza from Pizza Hut or Chicken from KFC or Hamburgers from Mc'Donalds in case you do not want to eat the local food. All eatable deliveries are available in Washington Suite. A good place to stay if you want just the room and would be out shopping or sightseeing all day. I have never deviated from this place to another one for the past so many years. I am satisfied with its surroundings and services.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ucomservices

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Just got back from BKK on last 2 days. Waiting for transit flight to Phuket for 1 night, I made my stay here as it is good location on Sapan kwai, close to BTS, sky train, shopping area. However, i found that this hotel is beyond standard; there were a number of cockroaches in the room, the bath tube was damp and very dirty, the wardrobe was covered by dust every where.It seems as if no any room maid made up the room any more. I put up to stay here for a night and checked-out early morning. However, I can't comment on food as I never tried it. The hotel has to be refurbished immediately. You are in a prime location,but you can't hold your reputation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayed at here for one night, so I could go to Koh San road before coming back to England. Unfortunately the taxi drivers had some sort of shifty arrangement with the hotel and when I finally arrived there, I was assured by both taxi driver and hotel manager that it was Koh San road. As it turned out, it wasn't, not even close and it would take another 20 mins in a taxi to get there.

Having asked the manager to explain himself he suddenly found it very difficult to understand me etc etc, no refunds (though I gather I pretty much could have payed whatever in the first place).

Anyway, conspiring-against-the-gullible-white-guy aside! The hotel itself was O..K...
the bar was noisy (despite it being empty), there were cockroaches everywhere, but other than that the rooms were ok i suppose.

I would strongly urge anyone not to go to this hotel. I found it an uncomfortable atmosphere and the staff all seem to be trying to con you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank OzzLP
Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Stayed here several years ago and was quite good, however stayed in Jan 2010 and will never ever stay here or recommend it ever again.

The karaokoe downstairs plays all night and the noise travels up through the rooms so you cannot sleep. We checked out at 2.30am because management kept ignoring our requests to turn off the karaoke (nobody was in there anyway)

Reception is unhelpful, and try to scam you. We paid for 3 nights and they would not give a receipt to say we had paid. They then said oh we will give you receipt when you check out. (yes then when I go to check out there is no record of the money I just paid). Insulted us in thai thinking we did not speak thai nor understand (we do we just dont advertise it) Only way to get receipt was to stand there and keep asking and not leave until they handed a receipt. (they gave receipt on 5th request)

Would not help with any requests we had for an extra pillow, would not assist when asked for help on how to get here or there. Asked for taxi's to be booked and they were not. I asked for metered taxi and they tried to supply me with hotel taxi (three times the price) I refused. Took 4 requests (and anger on the fourth time) before they would do what I requested.

Hotel and guests are hounded by Tuk Tuk drivers and hotel management does nothing to get rid of them. Tuk tuk drivers regularly sit behind reception desk with management.

On checkout charged us for a beer from the minitab (neither of us drink) and all drinks were there when we walked out of hotel room.

Do not stay at this hotel, not one person at this hotel can be trusted, nobody is helpful, an extremely poor hotel.

6 Thank sb_r6