“Its not that bad,,”

Washington Suite Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Washington Suite Hotel
Ranked #819 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have been to this hotel in few occasions and planning to stay there next week too. Its not bad. I think the location is the best thing there, which allows easy access to anywhere around Bangkok. The staff was not bad either. There are plenty of restaurants, bars and night life around and the place is not that much crowded. The price is the best thing here, and I think this would be a good place if you are on a tight budget.

Room Tip: Always ask for higher floors so you would avoid noise from the karoke downstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chinthana P
There are newer reviews for Washington Suite Hotel

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are dirty and worn down, broken old furniture the paint is falling off in bathroom, wifi only works in the lobby, air plugs are recombed if you want the AC on. Paid 1700 bhat for a double room with one extra bed.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2012

it is inexpensive hotel. you get what you pay for. cleaning service staff (housekeeping) are good but receptions (sells) are rude. hotel is located very close to subway or city-train station.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We were in Bangkok for an overnight stay and wanted somewhere cheap cheerful and close to bus station. The tourist office recommended here, as it was the same price as what we had been paying for accommodation for the past weeks we thought it would be ok. We were wrong. The staff were unhelpful and quite rude, signs up about how the tuktuk drivers would scam you but yet were hanging out with the hotel staff outside. The room was dirty, we double bolted the door as soon as we got into the room and practically slept with one eye open, did not feel one bit safe, left first thing in the morn. As we had arrived late the night before we ate in the hotel, it was horrible and overpriced. The karaoke was terrible and again the shady characters hanging around watching these girls sing made us even more uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica c
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Arrived at the bus station in Bangkok a bit after 11(we had been traveling in the North) and a taxi driver told us he would take us to Khaosan Rd. He asked us what our budget was and my friend said around 1,000 baht. I could tell the taxi driver knew the manager because they immediately started talking.
I was taken back when the man said the room would be exactly 1,000 baht but it really wasn't too much money so I agreed and tried handing him my credit card. I was informed that the credit card machine WASN'T WORKING(Yeah right). My buddy handed him cash and we went up to the room.
When we realized that we weren't anywhere near Khaosan Rd. we went downstairs and asked for a refund because we had been there 20 minutes. NOPE. We argued and screamed and were given no refund.
Dirty rooms, conning employees, terrible service. Never again. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nick A
Reviewed September 30, 2010

After arriving at the Northern bus terminal at 8pm we asked a taxi driver to take us somewhere close by and cheap for 1 night as we were getting on a busat the same terminal the next day to leave Bangkok and didn't want to venture too far into the city. He took us to the Washington Hotel, where we were told a standard room was 1000 baht. The taxi driver told us there were no other hotels/guesthouses in the area so we were forced to stay here (but managed to get the price down to 700 baht). We had to pay upfront and got a rude shock when we were taken to the room. It was old, run down, dirty, had cockroaches and no hot water. Everything about the room felt dirty. Unfortunately for us, we didn't have much choice other than to stay here and get up early and leave for the bus station. The taxi that dropped us off from the bus station cost 60 baht on the meter and when we were leaving in the morning and asked the staff to get us a taxi they pointed to the 1 taxi driver out the front of the hotel who wouldn't take us for any less than 200 baht. We walked 50 metres up the street and got a taxi for 70 with the meter. Needless to say, the staff were very unhelpful for the duration of our stay and as a previous post said, it felt like they were trying to con us. The manager & staff of this hotel obviously don't care about customer satisfaction or the level of maintenance of the hotel. We would NEVER recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank anaussiegoesworldly
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I have been staying at Washington Suite for the past 15 years on and off when I come to Thailand. I found the best part to be the location of the Hotel. It is walking distance to Big C Supermarket and various other Gold Shops and 7 Eleven's. You can order Pizza from Pizza Hut or Chicken from KFC or Hamburgers from Mc'Donalds in case you do not want to eat the local food. All eatable deliveries are available in Washington Suite. A good place to stay if you want just the room and would be out shopping or sightseeing all day. I have never deviated from this place to another one for the past so many years. I am satisfied with its surroundings and services.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family