“Ok for a short stay”
Review of Lullaby Inn

Lullaby Inn
Ranked #314 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This place is ok. The building seems to have a plumbing problem -at least the floor we stayed in, 4th, seemed to have one and you can see water stains on the walls. We booked a room with a balcony. The balcony was tiny and had no chairs but in fairness, we weren't in our room long enough to use it. My biggest problems is the smell in the room. I mean, if you are in any way sensitive to smells, you won't have been able to be in that room for 5 minutes. We were so exhausted -as we had been traveling for some time- that we decided not to complain and run the risk of being put in an even worse room. And again, we weren't going to spend that long in the room to get into an argument with the receptionist, who barely spoke any English anyway. This was our first time in Bangkok and we did not realise Silom was so far away from the main attractions. We are talking 30 to 40mins drive from the main temples. And Bangkok traffic is mad so if you stay in Silom, be ready for delays. The Sky Train is close to the hotel, though, and that is very handy. By the way, people on Bangkok do not speak English so getting around is super difficult. One tip: stick to meter drivers (no tuk tuks or non-meter taxis). If your taxi driver doesn't want to turn on the meter, get out immediately or you will be ripped off, no matter how savvy you think you are. Oh, if you are looking for somewhere to eat near the hotel, we recommend Talad Nam Sea Food, on the far side of the Sala Daeng Sky Train stop. We walked to it from the hotel. It doesn't look fancy but there are tables at the back, away from the main street, and you can watch the chef cooking. Yum yum!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sotruesotrue

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The room was immaculately clean and very comfortable. We had a room with a balcony so could watch the world pass by. Surprisingly it wasn't too noisy at night. The staff were very, very helpful whether it was trying to find out how to get to an outer suburb or reviewing CCTV footage to try to identify a taxi I dropped my wallet it. It was all done with a smile.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank unionwoman
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Very kind staff, and nice rooms. We spent 2 night here and ended up returning for our last night. it's sort of in the centre of Bangkok so everything is close by. Talk to Peach one of the staff, he can recommend what to do or not to do. He made great suggestions and we are very thankful. Any other question you may have feel free to contact me

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacob L
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I arrived in Bangkok with no hotel booked. Long Story, but any way got a taxi and asked for a nice budget hotel in the Silom area. He took me directly to the Lullaby.
Entering into a large COOL lobby, with very welcoming staff. I decided to really go budget and get a room with no window....Large room king size bed CLEAN! And clean working bathroom! Didn't need the window anyway, I was there to sleep. It is nice and quiet so sleep was excellent, the bed and bedding clean and comfortable, 3 night stay, close to the nightlife, great little restaurants and Temples.
Staff, though a little short on English abilities; they make up for service! Super honest staff. Dummy me left all my cash out on the desk will I ate breakfast at the hotel, the maid cleaned the room while I was out...and guess what, my cash still there...over 400$, so I commend them for their honesty.
Breakfast was OK nothing special but good with eggs cooked to order and the coffee was super!
I will stay again!

Room Tip: no windows are quieter,so if you need sleep after long night of partying that's the best choice...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My family and I spent 3 nights here and couldn't be happier. Rooms were quite nice, big and clean. This is a family run hotel and they're service is impeccable. Anything they can do to help, they will and that goes along way in a city like Bangkok. Great bang for your buck!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank KyleL_101
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and really enjoyed this hotel. I booked based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor and all the good reviews were accurate. It is an authentic Thai hotel with beautiful furniture and the staff are very friendly. The staff were so nice when we arrived and were dressed in traditional Thai clothes which I loved. It made our very first experience in Bangkok and Thailand authentic.
There was a choice of cooked breakfast (Bacon, Thai sausage, beans and toast) or continental (cereal, yoghurts and fresh fruit) with tea or coffee.
Location was ideal as it is close to the Sky Train with many restaurants nearby. Taxi drivers were reluctant to pick us up and take us to the Victory Monument where our bus to Koh Chang was leaving from. I think this is due to the distance not being worthwhile.

The room was comfortable and clean with air con and we had a balcony. There was no great view but we didn't book for the view. The balcony faced on to a "quiet" street but nowhere is really that quiet in Bangkok.
My only gripe was the air con unit was right outside the balcony, against our wall and the noise from that was enough to keep me awake but I had earplugs so it wasn't that bad. My partner found it quite irratating but could still sleep.

I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for a nice Thai good value for money hotel. It's everything you need.

Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I would double check that there is no air con unit outside your window / balcony as it's very no...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toots-Beag
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Don't judge the book by its cover. The inn looked small from the outside. I was unsure at first but I was wrong.. So comfortable that it reminds me of my own room, with a touch of Thailand. Clean room, sheets and bathroom which are important. And I totally adore the elephants shaped towels!!

Stayed: May 2014