Kingston Suites
Agoda.com
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
$317
$252
All reviewstuk tukdeluxe roomrain showerthe main roadasoke stationhard bedssister hotelterminal shopping mallquiet locationstayed nightsvisit bangkoksukhumvit areacomfortable hotelbreakfast buffet ismin walknanainternet
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Location is prime, 7mins to asoke station. Close by to robinson shopping mall. In walking distance sites such as terminal 21. Wide spread of selection for breakfast, a combination of local and continental spread. Staffs are very friendly, communicates well in english. Complimentary wifi is included in stay. Will definitely come back to Kingston and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonathan_alan61
KingstonManager, Manager at Kingston Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

We are truly happy to know that our products and services met your expectation and encourage you to come back to us in the future. We will do our best to ensure that you will have the similar experience for your next visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We chose this hotel as it is situated near two different BTS skytrain routes and the metro - and it made our few days in Bangkok so easy to get around. The hotel has a complimentary tuk tuk service if you don't want to stroll for 10 minutes to the BTS stations. Our room was large, clean and the staff were attentive and friendly. Breakfast service started early and ran late so even the days we had a tour arranged we were able to have breakfast before we left. I would stay here again for definite.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

We are truly happy our service and products have met to your expectations and we hope to give you more when the next time you come back.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for 3 nights In April 2013, 1st off I would like to say what a wonderful place Bangkok is and the staff at Kingston Suites could not have been more helpful.

The room itself was lovely and large and cleaned everyday by the maid. The shower was wondeful although you can't stay in for longer than 10 minutes as the drains can't cope with the amount of water that the huge showerhead produces. Never had an issue with it and was lovely after a day trekking round bangkok before going out at night.

It is situated a couple of minutes walk from sukhumvit road but this was not an issue and if you want to go to the BTS station Nana or Asoke they provide a complimentary tuk-tuk service there although it is only a 10 minute walk away.

The staff were brilliant and helpful advising where not to go at night when i enquired about nightlife and giving some helpful tips when going to the Centre of Bangkok for sightseeing.

Overall I would definitely stay at this hotel again if ever i returned to Bangkok.

We did not use the swimming pool or Gym next door so can't comment on those.

Many Thanks

David & Gemma

Room Tip: Choose a high floored room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cunny666
KingstonManager, Manager at Kingston Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

My staffs & I would like to say thank you very much for your compliments and from a very fair point of view to comments to us. We will continue keep up the good work to maximize satisfaction to our guests. Look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Very Very disappointed with our stay here. The attitude of the front desk staff was so bad and unhelpful and somehow we never felt like approaching them with our issues or concerns. They even charged us for a bath towel because of some make-up stains on it. They said they did not have facilities to treat make-up stains as they would not come off easily.
Upon check-out they charged us for using the coffee at the mini bar, we assured them that we had honestly not used it and there must be some mistake on the housekeeper's part. At this the staff started making faces and muttering about something ,it was very unpleasant.

But we would still give it some credit on the location and cleanliness.
Also beware the shower drainage, it is too slow and half the time the water fills up ankle level in the shower area.
Due to unpleasant staff and just a negative vibe we would not really recommend it unless you are running out of options!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much to spend your value time to write a comments to us which can help to us to improve ourselves.
Your comment on reception staff has treat seriously and I have had a lengthy meeting with them already. Thank you to bring it on.
We can identified the stain that which one can wash or unwashable but useless to say. As wordwide traveller, I am always be careful not to use hotel towels for wrong purpose, I am thinking about the next guests that have to use clean towel as same as when provided to me. Thank you once again to stayed with us.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked into the Kingston Suites after finding that Maxim's Inn where I originally booked was just too crowded with go-go bars and massage parlors. that is the Sukhumvit - there will be the Sofitel at hundreds per night next to the scuzziest of dives. But that is what makes Bangkok great no? Anyway, the KS is the opposite. It is on Soi 15 a short hike (5 mins) from the main road. That means it is really nice and calm and quiet, but it also means it is a little bit of a dark and exposed walk late at night- something to consider, and there are signs warning of purse snatching. The hotel itself is terrifically solid and stable feeling- from the professional staff who possess good English skills and are ready at the door and elevator to help, to the large and quiet rooms and the spacious bathrooms with a nice rainwater shower option. When I experienced a lack of hot water in my shower, it was addressed immediately, and a staff member came with me to make sure it was adequate to my needs. There is a computer available in the lobby, and the wifi in the room was excellent. My windows were frosted over so there was no view, but there was a reasonable amount of natural light in the room. I only had a coffee in the restaurant and it was fine. Otherwise I never saw anyone in the restaurant, understandable since there are so many choices down on Sukhumvit. There really are not any stores like 7-11 in the immediate surrounding area, so make sure you grab what you need before heading up the road to bed. There is nothing fancy or brocaded about the Kingston Suites. The lobby is comfortable but not impressive or fancy. To use the pool/jacuzzi/fitness area you must leave the building and go next door to the adjoining co-owned hotel. I got my premier room for $54 US, but when I went to the internet to add a night, the price had jumped to $70. Even at $70 I was willing to stay, but at $54 it was a genuine bargin. I will be looking to stay at the KS in the future. The BTS is a ten minute walk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business