“So nice to return, even if just for a meal”

Smooth Curry at The Athenee Hotel
Ranked #272 of 11,376 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The authentic taste of Thailand can be discovered at Smooth Curry. Traditional Thai dishes from the country's four regions provide diners with an exceptional culinary experience. Chef Montri Jiratitikankit has developed the cooking and fruit carving skills with many royal chefs. We have created new dishes that draw on the culinary heritage of Royal Thai cuisine. Complimentary Thai petites fours are served together with tea or coffee. A private dining room can accommodate 12 guests.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Plaza Athenee was once my home-away-from-home when business took me to Bangkok. These days I am on a tighter budget, but I like to pop over for a meal when I can. This trip we hot Smooth Curry - and it was as great as ever. New faces (non that remembered ours) but the same great service and delightful food.

I strongly recommend!

4  Thank Emmyx2
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Smooth Curry at The Athenee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Emmyx2,

Thank you for very much for dining in Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your kind comments on TripAdvisor.

I would like to express my gratitude for your continued support and for your kind comments. It is wonderful to hear that our associates provided you with the same great service and cuisine that you have been accustomed to receiving when visiting our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the team to recognize their efforts.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope we will have the pleasure of your company very soon at Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Mieng Kum was the best one i ever had, and the beef cheek curry was delicious. However expect to pay about 2000 to 3000 baht for dinner for 2.

3  Thank intoxjin

Dear intoxjin,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor about your recent dining experience in Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Our Chefs do indeed prepare some spectacular authentic Thai dishes and I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope that there will be another chance to welcome you back to the Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

After a long day of travelling we had an excellent dinner at the Smooth Curry Restaurant at Plaza Athenee in Bangkok.
The service was perfect. Very friendly staff, They were very interested in the needs of the guests without being too pushy. We could relax and enjoy the delightful food and drink the wine from Hua Hin.
I am sure I would have dinner again at this restaurant whenever I visit Bangkok .
Helma Heynen from the Netherlands

3  Thank WHPGHeynen

Dear WHPGHeynen,

Thank you for choosing to dine in Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is always encouraging to hear when our valued guests not only enjoy the cuisine in our venues but also the service from our associates. I will be sure to share your kind compliments with our team as I know they will be thrilled to know how much they have been appreciated.

Thank you once again, for your support and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon to Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is my first review on Tripadvisor, because even though I've been to many places, I never felt the need to share this with anyone. However, I just have to share my dinner experience at Smooth Curry.

First of all, the service was excellent. Without asking, they knew exactly what my parents and I were looking for. They were super friendly, there English was perfect, they knew what they were talking about and they gave us the feeling we were the only guests in the restaurant.

We started with Mieng Kum and it was delicious! A really good starter. Craving for more of this delicious food, I ordered a Pad Thai and it was amazing. The best one I had in Bangkok so far. In the meantime they kept serving us a local wine from Hua Hin, which combined very well with the food.

I would definitely go back to Smooth Curry again!

4  Thank AJGMWillems

Dear AJGMWillems,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I was delighted to learn that the service our associates provided you during your meal was attentive and friendly. We try to provide consistent service and it is gratifying to learn that our team provided you with the service you expected. Thank you for your compliments on the cuisine, it is wonderful to hear that you really enjoyed our chef’s Mieng Kum and Pad Thai. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team at Smooth Curry.

Many thanks for your kind review and we look forward to your return to Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

If you are after an amazing Thai meal, you won't get better tha smooth curry. It's a little more expensive than some places in BKK, but the food and amazing service more than make up for the few extra $$$. Get the beef cheek massuman, it changed my life;)

4  Thank howdyoulikemenow

Dear howdyoulikemenow,

Thank you for choosing to dine in Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing such positive comments on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful meal with us at Smooth Curry and that you found the service to be amazing. Here at Smooth Curry we try to create a memorable experience from start to finish. It is an honor to read your comments regarding the beef cheek Massaman curry and I will be sure to share your comments with our culinary team.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again at Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.