“Excellent food and perfect service.”
Review of Smooth Curry

Smooth Curry
Ranked #255 of 11,477 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pathumwan
Description: Discover authentic taste of Thailand at Smooth Curry. Traditional Thai dishes from the country’s four regions provide diners with an exceptional culinary experience. Dishes draw on the rich heritage of Royal Thai cuisine. A private dining room can accommodate 12 guests.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

After a long day of travelling we had an excellent dinner at the Smooth Curry Restaurant at Plaza Athenee in Bangkok.
The service was perfect. Very friendly staff, They were very interested in the needs of the guests without being too pushy. We could relax and enjoy the delightful food and drink the wine from Hua Hin.
I am sure I would have dinner again at this restaurant whenever I visit Bangkok .
Helma Heynen from the Netherlands

3  Thank WHPGHeynen
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Smooth Curry, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear WHPGHeynen,

Thank you for choosing to dine in Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is always encouraging to hear when our valued guests not only enjoy the cuisine in our venues but also the service from our associates. I will be sure to share your kind compliments with our team as I know they will be thrilled to know how much they have been appreciated.

Thank you once again, for your support and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon to Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is my first review on Tripadvisor, because even though I've been to many places, I never felt the need to share this with anyone. However, I just have to share my dinner experience at Smooth Curry.

First of all, the service was excellent. Without asking, they knew exactly what my parents and I were looking for. They were super friendly, there English was perfect, they knew what they were talking about and they gave us the feeling we were the only guests in the restaurant.

We started with Mieng Kum and it was delicious! A really good starter. Craving for more of this delicious food, I ordered a Pad Thai and it was amazing. The best one I had in Bangkok so far. In the meantime they kept serving us a local wine from Hua Hin, which combined very well with the food.

I would definitely go back to Smooth Curry again!

4  Thank AJGMWillems

Dear AJGMWillems,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I was delighted to learn that the service our associates provided you during your meal was attentive and friendly. We try to provide consistent service and it is gratifying to learn that our team provided you with the service you expected. Thank you for your compliments on the cuisine, it is wonderful to hear that you really enjoyed our chef’s Mieng Kum and Pad Thai. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team at Smooth Curry.

Many thanks for your kind review and we look forward to your return to Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

If you are after an amazing Thai meal, you won't get better tha smooth curry. It's a little more expensive than some places in BKK, but the food and amazing service more than make up for the few extra $$$. Get the beef cheek massuman, it changed my life;)

4  Thank howdyoulikemenow

Dear howdyoulikemenow,

Thank you for choosing to dine in Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing such positive comments on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful meal with us at Smooth Curry and that you found the service to be amazing. Here at Smooth Curry we try to create a memorable experience from start to finish. It is an honor to read your comments regarding the beef cheek Massaman curry and I will be sure to share your comments with our culinary team.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again at Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I didn't order curry.. I know... the name suggested.. But I figured I go for staples and got Tom Yam Goong and Pad Thai.

Got some complimentary appetizer and drinks - nice touch

Ordered the soup spicy and it was really good! Rich with herbs, spiced well, but not an overkill, and prawns were big. Enjoyed it. Best I tried in BKK so far!!!

Pad Thai - presentation was great, unique, portion was generous, but it was not spicy at all, maybe I wanted it to have a bit more kick.

Ambiance was good, but the place was empty. Maybe I just came at the wrong day/time? I didn't mind but it seemed weird that it was not busy. By the end of the dinner some people showed up.

Overall enjoyed it, didn't even have room for dessert.

1  Thank ezhik_v_tumane
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The service is definitely the highlight at Smooth Curry. The entire staff are very attentive (without being overbearing). Very friendly 5-star service. I would not normally recommend a restaurant in a hotel, but this was great. The little bit of heat in my meal made my nose run, and the staff put tissues on the table immediately.

As for the food, the amuse bouche was great. My yellow curry was good, but it had many of the typical bitter Thai vegetables in it (which I personally am not fond of). My husband had duck curry, which was delicious.

Tip - the air conditioning is freezing, so bring an extra layer. They also have scarves available for you to wear during dinner if you're too cold (which my husband and I both did.)

This would be a great place with a group of people. It isn't cheap (by Bangkok standards), but all of the little extras (like the chocolates at the end of the meal) make it worth it. We left very happy.

2  Thank Johanna-O-Ryan

Dear Johanna-O-Ryan,
Thank you for your recent visit to Smooth Curry at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel, it is always rewarding to know our customers enjoyed their dining experience at our restaurant and I truly appreciate your kind recommendation for our Thai restaurant.

Please do not hesitate to let us know your dining preference in your next visit, our restaurant manager is always happy to assist you with the menu recommendation and our chef can always adjust the spiciness to suit our customers palate. I also noted your comment regarding the air-conditioning, I will certainly look into this matter and make a suitable adjustment of the temperature. I truly hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Gilles Evard