WINNER WONDERLAND

The Reflexions
Ranked #79 of 10,374 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French, European, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A modern French restaurant with a passionate and personalised service focused on the discovery of taste and the connection of food and art. Discover your passion for the unexpected, and savour the subtleties of the finest modern French cuisine at The Reflexions. Our sophisticated award-winning venue offers an intriguing menu. Don't miss the chance to taste the wonders that Chef Roxanne Lange, the new Chef de Cuisine at The Reflexions, has to bring with all her experiences working with Michelin Star Chefs. Intense and satisfying dishes are made using only the best seasonal ingredients, beautifully executed and plated with style and creativity.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Indulging experience, a real treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very tasty and delicate food, nice atmosphere. We were invited for a birthday party, and had the chance to enjoy each dish in different place of the hotel. (Appetizers by the pool, main dishes at The Reflexions, and desserts in a beautiful hotel suite. Wonderful every time, unique experience.
We highly recommand it !

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Reflexions, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Claire B,
Thank you very much for posting this review on TripAdvisor about your visit to The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful and unique dining experience with us. From time to time we do offer special “New Perspective” dinners where by guests can experience different courses of a meal in a unique and unusual location within the hotel. I am also thrilled that you enjoyed each of the dishes Chef Daniel and his team prepared for you. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
Thank you once again for your kind remarks and recommendation. I hope that we will have the opportunity to create yet another memorable dining experience for you in The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Balikpapan, Indonesia
“top of the top in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Amaizing , fantastic. congratulation for all team to keep the top level for the reflexion.From the started to the Dessert all is delicious.

1 Thank jean a
Perth, Western Australia
“Amazing Modern French Cusine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We recently enjoyed a wonderful dinner at The Reflexions. German-born head chef Daniel Burcher has created an inspired modern French menu with the 'wow' factor. There is a choice of a set menu or 4-course a la carte, we chose the latter which offers two appetisers and/or soups, a main and a choice of either dessert or cheese for 2400THB pp. I was delighted with my selections - crispy pink trout with 'black carpet, lavender and vegetable coal' (inspired!), the BEST lobster bisque I've ever had, lamb rack with black truffle, rissotto and baby vegetables and a delicious chocolate fondant with vanilla bean icecream. Breads were terrific and served with properly salted butter. In between each course is a complimentary offering including salmon cooked by Daniel on a hot rock at your table. Service was EXCEPTIONAL and the dining room is uber cool with huge photographic montages of urban Bangkok lining the walls juxtaposed with images of provincial France projected onto a far wall. The music was supplied by a harp player.

Wonderfully contemporary surrounds, exceptional service, stunning cuisine and a charismatic (and cute!) chef - all make for a most enjoyable and memorable special night out. Check it out!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Itch-4-Travel
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Reflexions, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Itch-4-Travel ,
Thank you for sharing such a detailed review on TripAdvisor and for choosing to dine in The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.
It is always gratifying to receive such praise for Chef Daniel and his team. They do indeed strive to deliver exquisite French Cuisine that is coupled with outstanding service. I will be sure to share you kind comments with the team as it certainly reinforces all the efforts they put forth.
Thank you once again for dining in The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and we hope we will have the opportunity to see you soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Meal and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived slightly early for our reservation, which we found was at the restaurant opening time of 6pm. After waiting a few moments the restaurant (and the others on the same floor) opened at 6pm and we were promptly seated, with the hostess asking us if we were satisfied with the table.

Decor has a purple motif and a more modern feel than I had expected, with a projector showing views of Italy- overall very nicely done.

Menu is often listed as French, but I found it to be more fusion in terms of selection which was a good thing. Wide variety of food types with an equal balance of seafood and meats for a main course. Large wine menu with an ample selection of cocktails and mocktails available.

We started with lobster bisque and oysters, both dishes were very good. For a main I had the turbot which was excellent, if a bit on the small size in terms of portions, whereas my fiance had the more substantial wagyu duo. If there was any disappointment I'd say it was the wagyu, which we found was unusually flavourless- both the sauce and the beef itself.

The bread, sherbet, and 'shot' were all very good.

Service is of a very good standard, especially for Thailand where dishes can sometimes appear and disappear at unusual times. Obviously a lot of training and it showed. As we left the staff presented my fiance with a flower which was a nice touch.

Overall a good experience.

1 Thank JW8448
Dear JW8448,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review on TripAdvisor and for visiting us at The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am very happy that you found the service provided by our associates to be of a good standard and that you liked the atmosphere and décor of the venue. I am also delighted that you appreciate the extensive menu that we offer. I am however concerned that one of the dishes, the wagyu beef that did not meet your expectations. I will definitely look into this matter with the team. It is feedback like this that undoubtedly helps us to continuously monitor and improve our valued guests’ dining experiences at The Reflexions.

Thank you once again for dining in The Reflexions and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Stavanger, Norway
“Excellent French Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had dinner at this restaurant for my 30th birthday together with my girlfriend. I tried the set menu "colours" which consisted of 6 different dishes + some extra complimentary dishes like the delicious tuna cooked on a heated round rock by the chef himself at your table.

All my dishes were cooked to perfection, and the frog legs and lobster bisque were the two absolute highlights of my meal.

My girlfriend tried the other 6-7 course menu which I believe was called "seasons" (not totally sure about the name). She was also very happy with her dinner experience, except for her dessert. Maybe her tasting my delicous chokolate fondant with birthday greetings was partly to blame for that.

The staff are friendly and professional. Had a nice long chat with the german chef after we had finnished our dinner. Truly a nice guy with a great passion for his work.

I will go again some other time I am in Bangkok.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Joggebukselomme
Dear Joggebukselomme,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed review on TripAdvisor about your dining experience with us in The Reflexions at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.
It is a true delight when valued guests such as yourselves have a wonderful dining experience. Chef Daniel, at The Reflexions, is indeed a very creative and passionate chef that strives to create memorable dining experiences for all our guests. With his creative concept in mind, Chef Daniel and his team have won acclaim from both local diners and international travelers. Recently, The Reflexions has been awarded TripAdvisor 2013 Certificate of Excellence. We feel very honoured for receiving this award and would like to take this opportunity to thank you and all the other patrons of The Reflexions for sharing such positive feedback.

I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable evening and that our associates were friendly and professional. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Reflexions.