“Exceptional” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Reflexions at Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Ranked #63 of 10,626 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French, European, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A modern French restaurant with a passionate and personalised service focused on the discovery of taste and the connection of food and art. Discover your passion for the unexpected, and savour the subtleties of the finest modern French cuisine at The Reflexions. Our sophisticated award-winning venue offers an intriguing menu. Don't miss the chance to taste the wonders that Chef Roxanne Lange, the new Chef de Cuisine at The Reflexions, has to bring with all her experiences working with Michelin Star Chefs. Intense and satisfying dishes are made using only the best seasonal ingredients, beautifully executed and plated with style and creativity.
Bangkok
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We love this place as do all our friends. The menu has changed a bit since last year but Chef Daniel is doing a delicious job of creating exceptional dishes. We all love the fish, the wonderful tasting platter of appetizers and eveything everyone has tried on the menu. The service is always great with the staff being attentive at just the right moment.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
“not the culinary experience I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

After great reviews I decided to check out reflexions. I turend out to be a very nice venue, nice ambiance, wine specialist had some real knowledge (rare), I like the open kitchen.

only thing is, I was disappointed "food wise". As the restaurant suppose to be french haute cuisine (of course some asian/thai influence can be expected), the food is above average but certainly not great for the price you pay (and maybe the expectations).

mango with pan fried foie gras, a bit easy for the price you pay. the chef adviced us to take the wagyu beef tenderloin with wagyu beef cheek and foie gras marinated vergetables as main course. Ok, you can go wrong on the tenderloin. however; the beef cheek was soft but tasted like my grandmothers ragout with leftover meats (which nobody has ever liked, dont tell her). The foie gras marinated fried vergetables; which foie gras? There was no hint of foie gras to be recognized, and the overwhelming taste of frying pan fat made it not so nice to eat.

dont get met wrong that is a bad place to eat, but these items are just not in line with my expectations, especially not when I got my credit card bill of 450 euros. (yes, wine is expensive in bangkok, we only ordered 3 bottles around 2500 baht).

so, to experience real great (french haut cuisine) food, there are tons of other places to eat. I wont come back because I feel cheated.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank foodfortought
Paris, France
“The fine dining that was not so fine after all...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was supposed to be a fine dining experience. We used our complementary set dinner for two voucher, just to try it out and see if it would be worth returning or even recommend it. Neither one nor the other as far as I am concerned. It is a shame as I was looking forward to try it given the reasonably good reviews on Trip Advisor. I am not a huge fan of "Nouvelle Cuisine". I always found it slightly pretentious and unrewarding, but I accept my limitations here. I live in France so I was exposed to Nouvelle Cuisine more often that I really wanted and never enjoyed it. Still, I accept it is only my opinion. But in this case the food was so little that I thought they gave me the left overs of some other guests. And it was completely tasteless, no sparks, no surprises. Just plane tasteless. And the tiny piece of fish, that was supposed to be the main course, was served with nothing at all, was overcooked and dried out as if it had been reheated. Had I been a regular paying customer, I would have been very inclined to return the food to the kitchen. The desert was tiny but nice. My husband had better luck with his choice, but still very average. We paid USD 10 for a bottle of San Pellegrino water (c'est tres chic!) and 1200 THB (after the 30% reduction we are entitled to with our Wine Ambassador membership) for a less than average bottle of white wine. In fact, there was very little selection of wine, priced under USD 50. I was very disappointed with the entire experience. The service at the table as well the overall ambiance was pleasant. The images projected are out of place and detract from the nice live music.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank thetravelbee_8
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Reflexions at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear thetravelbee_8,

Thank you for choosing to dine at The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for writing a review on TripAdvisor.

I was concerned to read that your recent dining experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to apologise for any shortcomings you may have experienced. I will definitely look into your concerns that you raised with our team, to see how we can improve our offering. I was however, happy to hear that you found our service and atmosphere to be pleasant.

Thank you once more for your feedback and I hope you will not judge us solely on this occasion and return to The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Bangkok
“The video wall and loud music is not necessary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was expecting better after seeing the review of trip advisor.
Food is nice but not unbelievable.
I did not like the sitting facing the giant wall that i find not suitable for a business diner

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank marcnus
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Reflexions at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear marcnus,

I was concerned to learn that your recent dining experience with us did not meet your expectations. I will most definitely look into your concerns with the team and see how we can improve for the future.

Thank you for your valued comments and I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again at The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Khon Kaen, Thailand
“Christmas dinner was great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Went with my wife and 2 year old son. They looked after my boy very well when he was walking around our table offering smiles and a dance. It was an 8 course meal for 6500 baht each and having been there before found the food better the second time around. Overall very nice, professional, good service and the food was well designed and prepared. Will go again. Actually looking at going next week!!!

• Visited December 2012
Dear JamieDrew,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us at The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

I was very happy to learn that you had a great Christmas dinner with us at The Reflexions, your comments are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share them with the team.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back to The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.