“Great service, Great food”

The Reflexions at Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Ranked #18 of 11,055 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A modern French restaurant with a passionate and personalised service focused on the discovery of taste and the connection of food and art. Discover your passion for the unexpected, and savour the subtleties of the finest modern French cuisine at The Reflexions. Our sophisticated award-winning venue offers an intriguing menu. Don't miss the chance to taste the wonders that Chef Roxanne Lange has to bring with all her experiences working with Michelin Star Chefs. Intense and satisfying dishes are made using only the best seasonal ingredients, beautifully executed and plated with style and creativity.
singapore
“Great service, Great food”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Service was impeccable and attentive we were made to feel at home the moment we walked in. E.g. They took care to ensure that every refill of water I had was warm, because I requested for warm water at the first instance.

The pre-meal drink and Amuse Bouche were nice touches, and the chef, Daniel Bucher, personally concocts the amuse bouche at your table. I was most impressed by the slow-cooked lamb, as it was quite easily the best lamb I have tasted. The texture and consistency was not what you would expect of lamb and was outstanding to say the least. The desserts weren't fantastic, just above-average but we enjoyed every other item.

My only grouse is that they had a video of French landscape and scenery on loop mode. so I watched the video at least a good 5 times. I thought it would have been better if they just had soothing background music rather than trying very feebly to entertain with a video. In fact, diners would be there for the ambience and food (or live music on certain nights), so that video just did not do the restaurant justice.

In all, my partner and I thought our meal at Reflexions was great value for money as the food and service were close to a Michelin standard but we definitely did not pay a bomb for the meal. We most certainly enjoyed ourselves.

• Visited December 2012
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Reflexions at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear enooh,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us at The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful meal with us at The Reflexions and that you found the service to be excellent. Here at The Reflexions we try to create a memorable experience from start to finish. Thank you for your feedback on the video of French landscape, our guest comments helps us to improve our offering and I will be sure to look into this matter to see how we can improve this for the future.

May I thank you once again for your review and I hope we will have the pleasure of your company at The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Not bad !”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I went there in september , Nice presentation but service is not very good , I had to wait for my main course more than 45 minutes , and main course is not very good.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank WiriyaP
Dear WiriyaP,

Thank you for choosing to dine at The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was concerned to read that your recent dining experience did not meet your expectations. This does not reflect of our normal standards and I will be sure to address your concerns with the team so this does not happen again.

Thank you once more for your feedback and I hope you will not judge us solely on this occasion and return to The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Wellington, New Zealand
“High expectations, exceeded”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Four old friends convened here to celebrate two birthdays and a thanksgiving. Our expectations were high, and they were exceeded.

Chef Daniel Bucher not only has a bright career ahead of him, but is clearly an artist and a master of his craft right now, and his creations are interesting, original, insightful, bold, and successful. He takes great joy in discussing his art with his patrons, and happily attended us himself, describing his techniques and inspirations. If you are keen, google 'molecular gastronomy' and you will begin to understand a bit of the experimentation happening in Chef Bucher's kitchen, and the unexpected delights that can be achieved in this way. The results were not just delectable but an experience we will remember for years. Every means was taken to make sure our evening was at the utmost of service and enjoyability. It's amazing to experience a place where you can walk in and be just whisked away at the luxury of it all--I think it's all put together with an eye for creating a sumptuous experience that isn't exclusive (beyond the price, of course).

The restaurant itself is situated in Le Meridien, a very high end hotel, and though it does not boast sweeping vistas, the focus is on the dining. The premises are grand just the same, beautifully lit and very posh. The looping projection of helicopters flying past castles were a bit odd, but they offered food for conversation.

At any rate, yes it is quite expensive (especially if you're drinking nice wine which is insanely taxed in Bangkok), but we found the special occasion to be just that--special.

• Visited November 2012
Dear Eponymous_Trout,

Thank you for choosing to dine at The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to write such a kind review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to learn of your exceptional experience whilst dining with us at The Reflexions and that it exceeded your expectations. We strive to provide an unforgettable experience for all our guests and I am very pleased to read that you will remember this experience for years. I have passed on your compliments to Chef Daniel Bucher and the whole team to recognize their efforts.

Thank you once more for your review and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
“Fine Dining But Pricey”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Food was not bad but pricey. Redeemig factor was that service was excellent.
The glass of red wine was quite flat.I have eaten better food for the price paid.

• Visited November 2012
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Reflexions at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Clubmoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Many thanks for your comments on your recent dining experience with us. I was disappointed to learn that the value of the meal did not meet your expectations; I will definitely review this with our team. I was very happy to read that you found the service provided by our associates to be excellent. Customer care is amongst our highest priority as we try to ensure all guests have an incomparable dining experience whilst dining with us.

Thank you once more for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and I hope we will get to welcome you back to The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel soon.

Kind regards,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine Dining and the movies”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Classy place. Excellent French kitchen while above our heads Charly Chaplin movies were shown. Pleasant and special atmosphere. Probably the best bread basket in Bangkok.

Dear Christian8877,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very happy to read that you had a great experience at our French inspired restaurant during your visit to Bangkok and thought our kitchen was excellent. Your feedback on our bread baskets being the best in Bangkok and atmosphere of the restaurant are greatly appreciated. Hearing comments from our valued guests really means a lot to us as it further encourages our team to provide a wonderful dining experience.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon at The Reflexions at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Kind regards,