“Very good hotel in Bangkok”

Sukhumvit 12 Bangkok Hotel & Suites
Ranked #124 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
“Very good hotel in Bangkok”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a very good hotel in Bangkok, located at a very convenient place.

Location - just a short walk from the busy Sukhumvit Road. Initially I thought that it was a far distance, but it is actually not as far as it seems. 5 minutes from Sukhumvit intersection, 10 minutes from Asok station. Though I must say the small lane can be a bit dodgy at times with cars from both directions. So do use their free 24 hour tuk tuk service which will get u from the hotel to the main road. You will need to call the hotel for the tuk tuk to pick u back (from the main road to the hotel). We didnt have a local line, so we just walked, which was not too bad. There was once in the middle of the night where my husband was ill and I had to go to 7-11 located on the main road to get him paracetamol and ice. The tuk tuk dropped me at 3am and waited for me to get my stuff and took me back. I thought it was very good service.

Rooms - The room is big and spacious and the bed is big and comfy. All power points have already in built adapters. Some towels though, are a little bit old and frayed at the side. Housekeeping took very long to make up the rooms, we went out at 11am, came back at 4pm and room still not done. Had to call them and they only came an hour later. Said that they were short of staff.

Food - We didnt try the restaurant in the hotel and our room didnt come with breakfast. If you are adventurous enough, a lot of street food along Soi 12. If not, there are nice dining places around, even on Soi 12 itself. The famous Cabbages and Condom restaurant is a must try - though a lot of tourist, the Thai food is still very good. If not, Korean restaurants are easily available.

We will definitely come back again when we come to Bangkok. And I will definitely recommend the hotel too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cheekylynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel is the first stop on our honeymoon and was a little gem to find! In the crazy city the pool and gardens are a welcomed treat at the end of a busy day of sightseeing. Huge suite with all the mod cons you expect, although my only complaint was that our room that was booked (non smoking room) was unavailable, so we were upgraded but to a smokers room. Got used to it after a day and great due to the upgraded size, however I don't know why all rooms aren't non smoking? Excellent food, great breakfast selection, staff more than friendly to help you and a lovely 241 happy hour between 5-7 pm which is great when you are chillaxing by the pool in the evening! Would definitely stay again and would recommend!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Ramada Hotel & Suites in Soi 12, Sukhumvit, is a marvellous place to stay in central Bangkok. It has everything you need. The staff were exceptionally kind & helpful and the manager a delight. The rooms too were great as was the gardens and pool.

Room Tip: It has a smoking floor so ask when booking NOT to be placed on it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Simon P R, General Manager at Sukhumvit 12 Bangkok Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Gregory L

Your headline will for sure attracted many readers to go through your review and we thank you very much for your very appreciated compliments. Thank you also for staying with us and do not hesitate to contact me directly, the next time you will be in Bangkok.

Simon
simon.rindlisbacher@ramadasuitesbangkok.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Ramada Hotel & Suites Bangkok is a hidden gem on soi 12.

This was my first stay at a Ramada, and although there was some confusion with my reservation, the hotel staff ensured it would not ruin my stay. Prior to my check in, i had called the hotel with my concern, and the friendly lady immediately put my concerns to rest. Additionally to this, the GM (Simon) was waiting for me on arrival to again reassure me the matter had been taken care of. I genuinely appreciated this, and it demonstrated the hotel really values their guests.

Throughout my one week stay, everyone from the cleaning staff to the GM put 100% of their energy to making sure all the guests have a great stay.

If I want to be really picky, I would say the breakfast is fairly limited, but none the less more than adequate, especially when you look at all the positives. The pool is great, the 24hr tuk tuk service is a really brilliant. The rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean and have really comfortable beds. The internet is reliable and fast. For the rate you pay in this hotel, I really don't think you could ask for more.

Thank you to everyone at the Ramada Hotel & Suites Bangkok, hope you keep up the good work as I will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The rooms are decently sized. Location is great, and lot's of awesome street food around the corner. Just need to venture out a bit. Breakfast was average. The view from the room is not that great as it's a short building.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Shenoi

Thank you very much for your recent visit and we do hope having the chance to welcoming you back the next time you will be here. You may also contact me directly, as we would love to introduce you to our rooms, overlooking the neighboring park and lake.

Simon
simon.rindlisbacher@ramadasuitesbangkok.com
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Absolutely superb,great staff,great room,great hotel.an oasis in a hectic city.more people should dine therevthe food is Thai and excellent quality and value.we rated it eleven out of ten.The 24hr tuk tuk made it very easy to get to Asok station which was a great link to all of bankok.
We would definitely stay there again and would recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to or through Thailand.
The saltwater pool was a plus as was happy hour,or in our case many happy hours in the week we were there.

Room Tip: We overlooked the lake,beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed there for almost a week. I felt they cared me a lot and was happy to see their smile whenever i passed through the lobby. They friendly offered me tuktuk service for 24 hours and its really convenience even though its just short walk to Asok station. I got sick during my holiday so i couldnt keep on my plan. I was back to Ramada without any notice but they welcomed me and gave me a room fast enough. They asked me my health problem during my staying and it felt great and relief like home. Ive stayed the hotel in bkk which the price rates much higher. Ramada&Suites is the best hotel and ill definitely be there at my next visit.

Cons. The swimming pool tastes a little salty and its colors weird. Ive no idea but its okay to cool down and relax.

• Stayed July 2013