“Pure class”

Ranked #247 of 11,399 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Antonio's is truly a world class restaurant!
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We knew we made a good choice as soon as we arrived - a nice little house gives an intimate but classy feeling. Inside the class continues with the decor, well-trained staff and amazing food. Not the most extensive menu but everything we had was cooked to perfection and I think the point is here that these dishes have been chosen by the chef/owner for a reason and that really shines through.

Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Just a breif note to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your recent visit to my restaurant, i am always extremely grateful to learn that my customers have appreciated and enjoyed their dining experience with us, i thank you again for noticing all our efforts and for choosing to share it with others.

We Look forward to seeing you back at Antonio's again real soon.

Antonio Armenio
(Owner/ Proprietor)

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I dropped by Antonio's based on a friend's very good recommendation. We now second that!

The bread starter was delicious, probably the most delicious we've came across. Especially the cheese bread. Yummy. But we had to save our stomach for others. We followed up with soups - truffle cream of mushroom, which was creamy and had a distinct truffle smell and taste, very pleasant; and lobster bisque, which was rightfully tasty.

Our mains were the lamb shank with penne and the squid ink seafood risotto. On the risotto, it was thick with black squid ink and buttery, so the ink really sticks on to your teeth. I'd rather have my teeth blackened by delicious food anyday. Its one of the best risottos we had. The lamb shank with penne was interesting - the meat itself was soft and tender, so it was easy to peel, and comes served with a tomato sauce, which complimented the lamb's strong taste. End result was a very meaty and flavorful pasta dish, simply lovely.

We were quite full by then, but we had to have desserts. The tiramisu is pretty good, but I thought it lacked a bit of dessert wine taste - a personal preference, but still pretty good. My wife had the warm chocolate cake with home made vanilla ice-cream - something which cannot go wrong. We will definitely be back to try the other items in the menu in our next visit to Bangkok.

wi31skh9, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Valued Customers,

Just a brief note to personally thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about your recent visit to my restaurant, we always pride ourselves on doing the best we possibly can for every customer so when i read such reviews as this it makes me feel extremely proud in knowing that we are all doing the right thing...thanks for choosing to share your experience with others.

I look forward to seeing back at Antonio's on your return visit to Bangkok.

Antonio Armenio
(Owner/Proprietor)

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very nice ambience and the service and food was very good along with the wine. Quite simply a must if you are looking for a fine dining Italian restaurant in Bangkok. Consistently good and it's easy to see why it's a favourite of many.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I like the food here is one of the best italian restaurant in town, in term of food taste. The service is ok. Parking ia managable but very small parking area

Reviewed May 16, 2013

If the restaurant owner, Tony, is in the house - go ahead, close the menu and talk to him. You may have one of the best meals you can remember. We had a nice size group to try a little bit of everything Tony recommended - French mussels in a white wine sauce, white asparagus wrapped in Parma ham, amazing ravioli in truffle sauce, angel hair pasta with succulent mud crab meat. We shared a large cut of wahgyu beef. The pasta was a little dry and soft, the beef a little on the raw side in the center of the cut. Other than that, a wonderful meal.