“Must-try Italian Restaurant for locals and tourists”

Antonio's The Italian Experience
Ranked #236 of 11,055 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Antonio's is truly a world class restaurant!
Bangkok
“Must-try Italian Restaurant for locals and tourists”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Antonio's lived up to all the expectations I have after hearing and reading rave reviews from friends in town and visitors. The house is amply decorated to give it a cozy, homey feel with an upbeat atmosphere. The food is absolutely delicious!! Starting from the nice warm aromatic bread, our appetizer of white asparaus with parma ham (must try),avocado salad, to our main couses of Ravioli in truffle sauce, the mud crab angel hair pasta and snow fish. The mud crab angel hair was most memorable with the right touch of richness yet not overwhelming the taste of the crab. However it is slightly pricey at 1400 baht, but the portion is good enough for two to share. Antonio also picked a bottle of medium body wine for us at only 2000+ baht to go with dinner, great choice for a very reasonably-priced wine. Unfortunely we were so full that we didn't try any dessert. But definitely, this is the place I would go if I want a great dinner with a cozy environment and a non-pretenious crowd. Last but not the least, wonderful attentive service as well by Antonio and his staff.

1 Thank omo_hk

• Thai first
“Awsome!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Cool Atmosphere, excelent ambience, Food is. Mouthwatering backed by great service. I would say value for money... cheers!!

Tokyo, Japan
“Nice food in a pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After reading some nice reviews of Antonio's, my wife and i decided to give it a go. The restaurant itself is hidden away in sUK 31 but was not difficult to find. The house itself is modern with lots of dark wood paneling creating a warm pleasant atmosphere. The staff are professional, well-trained and consistent. The food was nothing over the top but good tasty fresh Italian. I recommend the Lamb shank penne. Tony, the owner is patrolling and is checking in time to time with all guests. I noticed that he checks each bill before having the waiter handle it over to the customer. I will def visit again!

2 Thank ESJ83
“Authenticity, passion and that old thing called customer service”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Being part Italian, I had my usual hankering for some good italian food whilst away on holidays in Bangkok and this place more than delivered. Apart from the added pleasure of meeting Antonio who is a very personable man with interesting, honest stories to tell, the food is unpretentious with quality ingredients used and encouragingly authentic, . I came in for a simple meal and tried the Puttanesca which had the requisite 'al dente' pasta, together with large meaty fresh capers, slightly roasted mini roma tomatoes, tangy green and black olives and fresh herbs throughtout.

The complimentary bread was a pleasant bonus. It was warm, tasty pizza topping (like) squares together with a bruschetta antipasto, and some grissini sticks. All in all a winner.
The Nero D'Avola wine and the Sangiovese sealed my liking for this place. A well constructed interesting wine list as well. I recommend this place on your stopover in Bangkok if italian is what you are after.

2 Thank Darest
Munich, Germany
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had no reservation and I did not know that there was a dresscode. However when we entered the restaurant, the owner came immediately to talk to us and arranged a table for us. He was extremely friendly and asked a few times during the night if everything was ok and if we were enjoying our meal. It seems really that he loves his restaurant and he cares for the customers. It makes a big difference when so is.
The service was good. The food was really good. The soups were tasty and the Saltimbocca was really perfect.
Just the Tiramisu was in my opinion not exactly as the traditional Italian Tiramisu but it was also good.
We enjoyed our night, and when again in Bangkok I'm sure we will visit again this great restaurant.

1 Thank RuiPedroGaspar